Query for Net-SNMP using Cygwin

cygwin-apps mailing list
Dear Members,
I am using net-snmp package for cygwin to implement SNMP V3 support for
Windows 10 and Windows 2016.

In reference to the same, i wish to know if the complied Net-snmp package
is build with winextdll support?

Going through the following chapter for readme page I found

http://www.net-snmp.org/docs/README.win32.html

*Running Net-SNMP as a replacement for the Microsoft SNMP service *

Compiling Net-SNMP with the winExtDLL extension (MSVC)

When building with MSVC 6, the Microsoft Platform SDK is required. Note: the
most recent Platform SDK version that is still compatible with MSVC 6 is the
February 2003 edition. This edition is no longer available online but can be
ordered via http://mssdk.orderport.net/22221848/showall.asp.

Configure / nmake:

-add --with-winextdll to the Configure command line.

Workspace:

-in file win32\net-snmp\net-snmp-config.h modify
 /* #undef USING_WINEXTDLL_MODULE */ into the following:
 #define USING_WINEXTDLL_MODULE 1

--
*Thanks & Regards,*
*Modassir Ausaf Khan*
*Contact: +918860612357*

Re: Query for Net-SNMP using Cygwin

David Rothenberger
On 2020-04-25 11:54, Modassir Khan via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Dear Members,
> I am using net-snmp package for cygwin to implement SNMP V3 support for
> Windows 10 and Windows 2016.
>
> In reference to the same, i wish to know if the complied Net-snmp
> package
> is build with winextdll support?

As far as I can tell, this option is only available for building using
MSVC build tools. The net-snmp package for Cygwin is built using the
POSIX toolchain.

I'd be happy to include any patches to make this work for the Cygwin
package, but I don't think I'll be able to figure it out myself.

Regards,
David (net-snmp Cygwin maintainer)