Problem to develop Qt5 application in Samba share

Problem to develop Qt5 application in Samba share

PAULUS, Raimund, TI-ABN

For many years i develop C/C++ applications in Cygwin with source code located in Samba shares. The shares are available on Windows with "net use ..." command. In Cygwin they are available via /cygdrive. Now I have to write applications using Qt 5. But there is a problem:

First i go to the project directory (cd ...) and write the source files. After that i call "qmake -project" (PATH includes /lib/qt5/bin),
If the project (source codes) is located on the local drive or a drive connected via SATA/USB, all is ok and the file *.pro is generated. If the sources are located on a Samba share, there are error messages:

---
Could not find qmake configuration file cygwin-g++.
Cannot find feature default_pre.prf
Cannot find feature default_post.prf
---

The Samba server is a Linux host.
This problem is the same on Windows 7 / Windows 10 and Cygwin 2.5.2 / Cygwin 3.1.2.
The problem does not exist if i use a Windows Qt Creator IDE from qt.io.

I couldn't find any hints on the internet, mailing lists, FAQ, ...

Can you help?

Many greetings

Raimund Paulus

Re: Problem to develop Qt5 application in Samba share

René Berber-3
On 1/7/2020 2:42 AM, PAULUS, Raimund, TI-ABN wrote:

> For many years i develop C/C++ applications in Cygwin with source
> code located in Samba shares. The shares are available on Windows
> with "net use ..." command. In Cygwin they are available via
> /cygdrive. Now I have to write applications using Qt 5. But there is
> a problem:
>
> First i go to the project directory (cd ...) and write the source
> files. After that i call "qmake -project" (PATH includes

PATH is not the only environment variable needed.

> /lib/qt5/bin), If the project (source codes) is located on the local
> drive or a drive connected via SATA/USB, all is ok and the file *.pro
> is generated. If the sources are located on a Samba share, there are
> error messages:
>
> --- Could not find qmake configuration file cygwin-g++. Cannot find
> feature default_pre.prf Cannot find feature default_post.prf ---

That looks like a configuration error, what does your QTDIR environment
variable have?

You should be able to do this:

$ find $QTDIR -name "cygwin-g++"

and get a result.