Please upload: naim-0.11.8

Jonathan C. Allen-2
Files:

http://jca.sdf1.org/cygwin/naim-0.11.8-1.tar.bz2
http://jca.sdf1.org/cygwin/naim-0.11.8-1-src.tar.bz2
http://jca.sdf1.org/cygwin/setup.hint

setup.hint:

sdesc: "Console AIM, ICQ, IRC, and Lily client"
ldesc: "A console AIM, ICQ, IRC and Lily CMC client."
category: Net Web
requires: cygwin libncurses7

jca

Re: Please upload: naim-0.11.8

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Nov 18 09:01, Jon Allen wrote:

> Files:
>
> http://jca.sdf1.org/cygwin/naim-0.11.8-1.tar.bz2
> http://jca.sdf1.org/cygwin/naim-0.11.8-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://jca.sdf1.org/cygwin/setup.hint
>
> setup.hint:
>
> sdesc: "Console AIM, ICQ, IRC, and Lily client"
> ldesc: "A console AIM, ICQ, IRC and Lily CMC client."
> category: Net Web
> requires: cygwin libncurses7

Packaging looks good.  The above setup.hint is not quite correct,
naim is linked against libncurses8, not libncurses7.  I fixed that
and uploaded the package to cygwin.com.  You should also fix your
local copy, perhaps.

Welcome as new package maintainer!  Please don't forget to send
an announcement to cygwin-announce in a few hours.

Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Please upload: naim-0.11.8

Jonathan C. Allen-2
On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 11:34:06AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Packaging looks good.  The above setup.hint is not quite correct,
> naim is linked against libncurses8, not libncurses7.  I fixed that
> and uploaded the package to cygwin.com.  You should also fix your
> local copy, perhaps.

Thanks for catching that.  The source package contains a copy of the
incorrect setup.hint in naim-0.11.8-1.patch - should I correct this and
roll a new source package?

jca

Re: Please upload: naim-0.11.8

Christopher Faylor-2
On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 03:40:23PM +0000, Jon Allen wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 11:34:06AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>Packaging looks good.  The above setup.hint is not quite correct, naim
>>is linked against libncurses8, not libncurses7.  I fixed that and
>>uploaded the package to cygwin.com.  You should also fix your local
>>copy, perhaps.
>>

>Thanks for catching that.  The source package contains a copy of the
>incorrect setup.hint in naim-0.11.8-1.patch - should I correct this and
>roll a new source package?

I don't think that's necessary as long as you've corrected your local
version.

Thanks for stepping up to do this.  It is much appreciated.

Re: Please upload: naim-0.11.8

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Nov 18 11:13, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 03:40:23PM +0000, Jon Allen wrote:
> >On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 11:34:06AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >>Packaging looks good.  The above setup.hint is not quite correct, naim
> >>is linked against libncurses8, not libncurses7.  I fixed that and
> >>uploaded the package to cygwin.com.  You should also fix your local
> >>copy, perhaps.
> >>

> >Thanks for catching that.  The source package contains a copy of the
> >incorrect setup.hint in naim-0.11.8-1.patch - should I correct this and
> >roll a new source package?
>
> I don't think that's necessary as long as you've corrected your local
> version.
>
> Thanks for stepping up to do this.  It is much appreciated.

Igor, can we get a gold star for Jon?  Everybody taking over an orphaned
package should get one in future.

Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Please upload: naim-0.11.8

Christopher Faylor-2
On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 09:21:00PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>On Nov 18 11:13, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> >>

>> >Thanks for catching that.  The source package contains a copy of the
>> >incorrect setup.hint in naim-0.11.8-1.patch - should I correct this and
>> >roll a new source package?
>>
>> I don't think that's necessary as long as you've corrected your local
>> version.
>>
>> Thanks for stepping up to do this.  It is much appreciated.
>
>Igor, can we get a gold star for Jon?  Everybody taking over an orphaned
>package should get one in future.

I agree 100% but I'd like to see whomever picks up this duty take the package
through a full release before giving out a gold star.  Jon has done that.

Thanks again, Jon.

Re: Please upload: naim-0.11.8

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Nov 18 15:53, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 09:21:00PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Igor, can we get a gold star for Jon?  Everybody taking over an orphaned
> >package should get one in future.
>
> I agree 100% but I'd like to see whomever picks up this duty take the package
> through a full release before giving out a gold star.  Jon has done that.

Uh, thanks.  I knew I was missing something but I couldn't remember what
it was.  Having a package really uploaded and announced as precondition,
that was it.

Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Please upload: naim-0.11.8

Igor Peshansky
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Nov 18 11:13, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > >>

> > >Thanks for catching that.  The source package contains a copy of the
> > >incorrect setup.hint in naim-0.11.8-1.patch - should I correct this and
> > >roll a new source package?
> >
> > I don't think that's necessary as long as you've corrected your local
> > version.
> >
> > Thanks for stepping up to do this.  It is much appreciated.
>
> Igor, can we get a gold star for Jon?  Everybody taking over an orphaned
> package should get one in future.

Sure, done.
        Igor
P.S. I didn't want to send a separate message, but since I'm replying to
this thread anyway -- big thanks to Jon for not letting a very useful
package fall through the cracks.
--
                                http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_ [hidden email]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!

Re: Please upload: naim-0.11.8

Jonathan C. Allen-2
Thanks to all for the positive feedback.  As a new maintainer,
it's really great to see such a warm reception.  Thanks for the
gold star!  You guys rock.

jca