Ping/offer on FlexDLL 0.35, OCaml 4.04, Camlp4, etc.

Ping/offer on FlexDLL 0.35, OCaml 4.04, Camlp4, etc.

Anton Bachin
Hello,

Cygwin’s package “ocaml” is currently at 4.02.3, and “flexdll” is at
0.34. The latest FlexDLL, 0.35, makes it possible to build and use OCaml
4.03.0 and 4.04.0 on Cygwin [1].

I am not sure who is the current maintainer of these packages. I
searched the mailing list, and found Damien Doligez apparently submitted
OCaml 4.01.0.

However, I package releases of OCaml and related packages in little
Cygwin mirrors, for use on build bots [2]. If desired, I can adapt the
packages to be suitable for public Cygwin, and submit them. I expect to
be making the build bot packages for quite a while, so I should be able
to also submit to Cygwin on an ongoing basis.

Ideally, this would produce OPAM on Cygwin as well.

Best,
Anton

[1]: http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=7268
[2]: https://github.com/aantron/binaries/tree/master/src/build/cygwin

Re: Ping/offer on FlexDLL 0.35, OCaml 4.04, Camlp4, etc.

Yaakov Selkowitz
On 2016-11-24 14:06, Anton Bachin wrote:
> Cygwin’s package “ocaml” is currently at 4.02.3, and “flexdll” is at
> 0.34. The latest FlexDLL, 0.35, makes it possible to build and use OCaml
> 4.03.0 and 4.04.0 on Cygwin [1].

Thanks for the ping, I just uploaded 0.35.  Hopefully that, combined
with a new ocaml build, will fix the issues I was having rebuilding my
various ocaml libs for 4.02.3.

> I am not sure who is the current maintainer of these packages. I
> searched the mailing list, and found Damien Doligez apparently submitted
> OCaml 4.01.0.

And 4.02.3.

> However, I package releases of OCaml and related packages in little
> Cygwin mirrors, for use on build bots [2]. If desired, I can adapt the
> packages to be suitable for public Cygwin, and submit them. I expect to
> be making the build bot packages for quite a while, so I should be able
> to also submit to Cygwin on an ongoing basis.

Damian, your thoughts?

Re: Ping/offer on FlexDLL 0.35, OCaml 4.04, Camlp4, etc.

marco atzeri-4
On 24/11/2016 21:34, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

> On 2016-11-24 14:06, Anton Bachin wrote:
>> Cygwin’s package “ocaml” is currently at 4.02.3, and “flexdll” is at
>> 0.34. The latest FlexDLL, 0.35, makes it possible to build and use OCaml
>> 4.03.0 and 4.04.0 on Cygwin [1].
>
> Thanks for the ping, I just uploaded 0.35.  Hopefully that, combined
> with a new ocaml build, will fix the issues I was having rebuilding my
> various ocaml libs for 4.02.3.
>
>> I am not sure who is the current maintainer of these packages. I
>> searched the mailing list, and found Damien Doligez apparently submitted
>> OCaml 4.01.0.
>
> And 4.02.3.
>
>> However, I package releases of OCaml and related packages in little
>> Cygwin mirrors, for use on build bots [2]. If desired, I can adapt the
>> packages to be suitable for public Cygwin, and submit them. I expect to
>> be making the build bot packages for quite a while, so I should be able
>> to also submit to Cygwin on an ongoing basis.
>
> Damian, your thoughts?

Damien,
are still with us ?

the issue on 64 bit platform is still hurting

Cannot load required shared library dllunix.
Reason: /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllunix.so: flexdll error: cannot
relocate RELOC_REL32, target is too far: 0xfffffffc35097112  0x35097112.

On 2017-02-11 05:00, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Damien,
> are still with us ?

It seems not. :-(

> the issue on 64 bit platform is still hurting

I have built 4.04.0 and the rest of the basic stack.  There is a bit of
an issue with flexdll and large libraries (namely, dlllablgtk2.so), but
stripping the binary (or linking with -Wl,-s) seems to be a viable
workaround.

In order to get this moving, I've taken ocaml and will upload shortly.