Ping Marcel Telka: time for an updated ioperm package? [was RE: brltty and libusb package ?]

Ping Marcel Telka: time for an updated ioperm package? [was RE: brltty and libusb package ?]

Dave Korn
[  Nobody expects the Spanish unTITTTLquisition!  ]

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Nov  2 14:20, Dave Korn wrote:
>> /* workaround for bug 666316 and bug 671964 */
>> #undef IoGetCurrentIrpStackLocation
>> #define IoGetCurrentIrpStackLocation(irp) (*(struct
>> _IO_STACK_LOCATION**)((char*)(irp) + 96))
>>

>>     >>>***AAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHSCREAM***<<<
>>

>>   That's about the most terrifying thing I've ever seen in a kernel-mode
>> driver.
>>
>> [  It's also been removed in upstream for about two years now.....  ]
>
> So, maybe you want move this to cygwin-apps so that Marcel gets this too?
>

> Corinna

  Yeah, s'pose it would be the right place actually!

  Hello Marcel if you're listening! :)  The bug in w32api/ntddk headers that
this was to work-around is long fixed, it's now safe to delete that horrible
kludge (and in fact a whole lot safer than leaving a hard-coded constant!)

    cheers,
      DaveK