Perl 5.26

ASSI

Just FYI, perl-5.26.0 has been released, I've built it on Cygwin with no
trouble just like the latest RC.  Just the day after the release it
transpired that one core module was updated to a version now known to be
buggy, so I'll hold off on the release until a fix becomes available.
Since I'll be traveling during the next weeks that means the Cygwin
release will have to be postponed until the end of June or beginning of
July, unfortunately.

Re: Perl 5.26

ASSI
Achim Gratz writes:
> Just FYI, perl-5.26.0 has been released, I've built it on Cygwin with no
> trouble just like the latest RC.  Just the day after the release it
> transpired that one core module was updated to a version now known to be
> buggy, so I'll hold off on the release until a fix becomes available.
> Since I'll be traveling during the next weeks that means the Cygwin
> release will have to be postponed until the end of June or beginning of
> July, unfortunately.

Upstream Perl maintainers are now planning to first provide updated
releases 5.22.4 and 5.24.2 in about two weeks, with 5.26.1 following an
additional four weeks later.

Re: Perl 5.26

Ken Brown-6
On 6/28/2017 2:13 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:

> Achim Gratz writes:
>> Just FYI, perl-5.26.0 has been released, I've built it on Cygwin with no
>> trouble just like the latest RC.  Just the day after the release it
>> transpired that one core module was updated to a version now known to be
>> buggy, so I'll hold off on the release until a fix becomes available.
>> Since I'll be traveling during the next weeks that means the Cygwin
>> release will have to be postponed until the end of June or beginning of
>> July, unfortunately.
>
> Upstream Perl maintainers are now planning to first provide updated
> releases 5.22.4 and 5.24.2 in about two weeks, with 5.26.1 following an
> additional four weeks later.

Could you send me your cygport file and patches for perl-5.26.0?  Or
just make it available for download?  I'd like to begin testing it for
my own purposes.

Thanks.

Re: Perl 5.26

ASSI
Ken Brown writes:
> Could you send me your cygport file and patches for perl-5.26.0?  Or
> just make it available for download?  I'd like to begin testing it for
> my own purposes.

Sent to you as PM.

Re: Perl 5.26

ASSI

Headsup: Last weekend has seen the release of 5.26.1-RC1.  I'm going to
build it over the weekend after I've updated to the latest and greatest
Cygwin.  It looks like there will be one more critical fix before it's
going to be released, so I'm expecting at least an RC2.

Re: Perl 5.26

Ken Brown-6
On 9/14/2017 1:57 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:

> Headsup: Last weekend has seen the release of 5.26.1-RC1.  I'm going to
> build it over the weekend after I've updated to the latest and greatest
> Cygwin.  It looks like there will be one more critical fix before it's
> going to be released, so I'm expecting at least an RC2.

Great!  Thanks for the headsup.

Ken