Orphaned packages

Williams, Gerald S (Jerry)
Is there a current list of orphaned packages?

gsw

Re: Orphaned packages

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Oct  4 10:21, Williams, Gerald S (Jerry) wrote:
> Is there a current list of orphaned packages?

My latest list of orphaned packages looks like this:

  agetty
  aspell-en
  astyle
  c-client
  catgets
  chkconfig
  docbook-xml412
  docbook-xml42
  docbook-xml43
  docbook-xml44
  docbook-xsl
  editrights
  elfio
  emacs
  emacs-el
  emacs-leim
  emacs-x11
  figlet
  hexedit
  initscripts
  ioperm
  joe
  keychain
  libmcrypt
  libmcrypt-devel
  libsmi
  libxerces-c21
  libxerces-c22
  libxerces-c23
  libxerces-c24
  libxerces-c25
  ncftp
  rcs
  splint
  squid
  ssmtp
  stunnel        (going to be taken by Andrew Schulman)
  sysvinit
  ttcp
  uw-imap
  uw-imap-imapd
  uw-imap-util
  x2x
  xerces-c
  xerces-c-devel
  xerces-c-doc
  xinetd
  xmlto

Re: Orphaned packages

Jonathan C. Allen-2
I'll volunteer to pickup these packages:

   aspell-en
   astyle
   figlet
   hexedit
   joe
   keychain
   ncftp
   rcs

jca

Re: Orphaned packages

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 04:36:38PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Oct  4 10:21, Williams, Gerald S (Jerry) wrote:
>> Is there a current list of orphaned packages?
>
>My latest list of orphaned packages looks like this:

Isn't xorg still orphaned?

Re: Orphaned packages

Corinna,
We also found out that all of Harold Hunt's packages are orphaned,
most notably "ImageMagick" could use a maintainer.

Re: Orphaned packages

On Oct  4 10:53, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 04:36:38PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Oct  4 10:21, Williams, Gerald S (Jerry) wrote:
> >> Is there a current list of orphaned packages?
> >
> >My latest list of orphaned packages looks like this:
>
> Isn't xorg still orphaned?

Oh, yes, sure.  I never changed that in my list.  Thanks for the reminder.

Re: Orphaned packages

On Oct  4 10:59, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Corinna,
> We also found out that all of Harold Hunt's packages are orphaned,
> most notably "ImageMagick" could use a maintainer.

Oh, ok, I changed my list of orphaned packages accordingly.  See below.

  agetty
  aspell-en
  astyle
  c-client
  catgets
  chkconfig
  cppunit
  ddd
  distcc
  docbook-xml412
  docbook-xml42
  docbook-xml43
  docbook-xml44
  docbook-xsl
  editrights
  elfio
  emacs
  emacs-el
  emacs-leim
  emacs-x11
  figlet
  fontconfig
  fvwm
  graphicsmagick
  hexedit
  imagemagick
  initscripts
  ioperm
  joe
  keychain
  libfontconfig-devel
  libfontconfig1
  libgraphicsmagick-devel
  libgraphicsmagick0
  libmagick-devel
  libmagick6
  libmcrypt
  libmcrypt-devel
  libsmi
  libxerces-c21
  libxerces-c22
  libxerces-c23
  libxerces-c24
  libxerces-c25
  libxft
  libxft-devel
  libxft1
  libxft2
  links
  ncftp
  nedit
  openbox
  rcs
  splint
  squid
  ssmtp
  stunnel
  sysvinit
  tnef
  transfig
  ttcp
  uw-imap
  uw-imap-imapd
  uw-imap-util
  wget
  windowmaker
  x-start-menu-icons
  x-startup-scripts
  x2x
  xaw3d
  xerces-c
  xerces-c-devel
  xerces-c-doc
  xfig
  xfig-bin
  xgraph
  xinetd
  xmlto
  xmon
  xorg-x11-base
  xorg-x11-bin
  xorg-x11-bin-dlls
  xorg-x11-bin-lndir
  xorg-x11-devel
  xorg-x11-etc
  xorg-x11-f100
  xorg-x11-fcyr
  xorg-x11-fenc
  xorg-x11-fnts
  xorg-x11-fscl
  xorg-x11-fsrv
  xorg-x11-libs-data
  xorg-x11-man-pages
  xorg-x11-man-pages-html
  xorg-x11-nest
  xorg-x11-vfb
  xorg-x11-xwin
  xorg-x11-xwin-gl
  xterm

Re: Orphaned packages

Jonathan C. Allen-2
On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 05:20:45PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Oct  4 10:59, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > Corinna,
> > We also found out that all of Harold Hunt's packages are orphaned,
> > most notably "ImageMagick" could use a maintainer.
>
> Oh, ok, I changed my list of orphaned packages accordingly.  See below.

I'll add wget to my list:

   aspell-en
   astyle
   figlet
   hexedit
   joe
   keychain
   ncftp
   rcs
   wget

jca

Re: Orphaned packages

Harold L Hunt II
Yes, that sounds accurate.  I was going to try to hang on to a few...
but we ended up moving from California to NYC shortly afterward and I've
just got settled enough to check mail in this list, so I guess I have to
admit that I will probably never get around to working on Cygwin
packages again :(

Oh well, I still use Cygwin at work! :)

Harold