Not able to open Cygwin

Manjunatha Kembodi -X (makv - TERRALOGIC SOLUTIONS INC at Cisco)
Hi Team,

We are not able to open cygwin in one of the machine.

getting below ERROR. what might be the issue here?

c:\cygwin\usr\sbin>inetd.exe -d /etc/inetd.conf
      1 [main] inetd 2500 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
the public mailing list [hidden email]"

Thanks,
Manjunath?

Re: Not able to open Cygwin

marco atzeri-4
Am 29.11.2018 um 10:33 schrieb Manjunatha Kembodi -X (makv - TERRALOGIC
SOLUTIONS INC at Cisco):
> Hi Team,
>

> We are not able to open cygwin in one of the machine.

You need to make some effort in explain how you are doing the things,
if you want to enable us to help you.

Please note that by default all the replies of the cygwin mailing list
go only to the mailing list, so some of you should subscribe to it
for following the replies.

> getting below ERROR. what might be the issue here?
>

> c:\cygwin\usr\sbin>inetd.exe -d /etc/inetd.conf
>        1 [main] inetd 2500 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list [hidden email]"

This warning says that you are using a very very old version of cygwin.
https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

Any chance to upgrade to recent one ?

> Thanks,
> Manjunath?