Kile on Cygwin?

Gustavo Seabra
Hi All,

I wonder if anyone here is using Kile (the LaTeX editor) under Cygwin. I
tried to use setup.exe to install it, but I couldn't find Kile there
(maybe I overlooked it). If it's possible, I'd like to get some hints on
how to install / run it under Cygwin.

Thanks a lot!

Gustavo Seabra.

Re: Kile on Cygwin?

Bugzilla from ps_ml@gmx.de
Gustavo Seabra schrieb:

> I wonder if anyone here is using Kile (the LaTeX editor) under Cygwin.

Kile is not in cygwin. You didn't overlook anything.

There is a very difficult way provided by a third party to bring some
KDE stuff running under cygwin - which is not supported anymore.
(I tried to run Kate but didn't get it).

There was a plan to make KDE 4 apps running natively under windows but I
don't know how far the KDE-Teams got with that.

So try Miktex instead - it is the best Solution, I think.

SE

Re: Kile on Cygwin?

Bugzilla from mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net
Saro Engels wrote:

> Gustavo Seabra schrieb:
>> I wonder if anyone here is using Kile (the LaTeX editor) under Cygwin.
>
> Kile is not in cygwin. You didn't overlook anything.
>
> There is a very difficult way provided by a third party to bring some
> KDE stuff running under cygwin - which is not supported anymore.
> (I tried to run Kate but didn't get it).
>
> There was a plan to make KDE 4 apps running natively under windows but I
> don't know how far the KDE-Teams got with that.

AFAIK it's coming along nicely... but why not try for yourself? :-)
(apaku had kdevelop running under Windows so I imagine at least kdelibs
and such are in decent shape.)

This is now cygwin-off-topic, better to ask on kde AT mail DOT kde DOT
org if you would like to try to get KDE4 running (natively) on Windows.

--
Matthew
(...with apologies to Arthur C. Clarke)

Re: Kile on Cygwin?

Erich Dollansky

Saro Engels wrote:

> Gustavo Seabra schrieb:
>
>> I wonder if anyone here is using Kile (the LaTeX editor) under Cygwin.
>
> Kile is not in cygwin. You didn't overlook anything.
>
> There is a very difficult way provided by a third party to bring some
> KDE stuff running under cygwin - which is not supported anymore.
> (I tried to run Kate but didn't get it).

I got Kate from

ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports

and it works.

But I have had to rerun setup from an official site to get cygwin
working again.

Konqueror works only as a web browser. It crashes otherwise.

Erich