Jari: python package collisions

Yaakov Selkowitz
Jari,

Your python-based packages listed below all collide with each other and
python2-setuptools by shipping parts of the latter.  They also bundle
other python libraries instead of shipping them separately.

* pylint: bundles astroid (the successor to logilab-astng)
* python-logilab-common
* python-logilab-astng (obsolete)
* python-paramiko: bundles ecdsa
* spambayes: bundles lockfile, pydns

Furthermore, the non-program modules should be built for both python2
and python3; cygport's python-wheel will do this for you.  The programs
should use whichever of python{2,3}-distutils for the Python version
they require.

O: pylint, python-logilab-*, python-paramiko, spambayes (python package collisions)

Jari Aalto-5
On 2017-11-15 18:54, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

| Your python-based packages listed below all collide with each other and
| python2-setuptools by shipping parts of the latter.  They also bundle
| other python libraries instead of shipping them separately.

Orphaned now. Anyone interested, feel free to take over.

Thanks for keeping track of things,
Jari

On 2017-11-19 10:53, Jari Aalto wrote:
> On 2017-11-15 18:54, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> | Your python-based packages listed below all collide with each other and
> | python2-setuptools by shipping parts of the latter.  They also bundle
> | other python libraries instead of shipping them separately.
>
> Orphaned now. Anyone interested, feel free to take over.

If these aren't adopted and rebuilt properly soon, they will be removed
from the distribution.

> Thanks for keeping track of things,

While we're at it, your two remaining Python module packages
(python-crypto and python-feedparser) are both due for updates and split
wheel builds for Python 2 and 3; the former also needs some patches from
Fedora for a CVE and Python 3 compatibility.

Also, as noted a month ago, pristine-tar needs to be rebuilt for Perl
5.26, and sendxmpp should be rebuilt to get rid of the unwanted
.packlist file.  Please note that maintainers are expected to be
subscribed to the lists so as not to miss these issues when they arise.

On 2017-11-19 19:10, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> While we're at it, your two remaining Python module packages
> (python-crypto and python-feedparser) are both due for updates and split
> wheel builds for Python 2 and 3; the former also needs some patches from
> Fedora for a CVE and Python 3 compatibility.
>
> Also, as noted a month ago, pristine-tar needs to be rebuilt for Perl
> 5.26, and sendxmpp should be rebuilt to get rid of the unwanted
> .packlist file.  Please note that maintainers are expected to be
> subscribed to the lists so as not to miss these issues when they arise.

Ping?

On 2017-12-06 21:48, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

> On 2017-11-19 19:10, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> While we're at it, your two remaining Python module packages
>> (python-crypto and python-feedparser) are both due for updates and split
>> wheel builds for Python 2 and 3; the former also needs some patches from
>> Fedora for a CVE and Python 3 compatibility.
>>
>> Also, as noted a month ago, pristine-tar needs to be rebuilt for Perl
>> 5.26, and sendxmpp should be rebuilt to get rid of the unwanted
>> .packlist file.  Please note that maintainers are expected to be
>> subscribed to the lists so as not to miss these issues when they arise.
>
> Ping?
Ping 2?

On 2018-01-05 00:47, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

> On 2017-12-06 21:48, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> On 2017-11-19 19:10, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> While we're at it, your two remaining Python module packages
>>> (python-crypto and python-feedparser) are both due for updates and split
>>> wheel builds for Python 2 and 3; the former also needs some patches from
>>> Fedora for a CVE and Python 3 compatibility.
>>>
>>> Also, as noted a month ago, pristine-tar needs to be rebuilt for Perl
>>> 5.26, and sendxmpp should be rebuilt to get rid of the unwanted
>>> .packlist file.  Please note that maintainers are expected to be
>>> subscribed to the lists so as not to miss these issues when they arise.
>>
>> Ping?
>
> Ping 2?
Jari, are you still with us?