Is there going to be rxvt-unicode and terminus-fonts pkgs on 64bits?

Is there going to be rxvt-unicode and terminus-fonts pkgs on 64bits?

Javier Vasquez-2
Hi,

I just noticed rxvt-unicode is not available on cygwin-64bits,
although it is on cygwing-32bits.  Are there plans to include it?

Also, terminus-fonts is not available neither for 64bits, nor 32.
It'd be of great help to include such package.  Is it in plans?

If any of those is not in plan for 64bits, what would be the approach
to get them in 64 bits (Xorg on cygwing-32bits doesn't seem to work
on windows8 under 64 bits)?

Javier.

Re: Is there going to be rxvt-unicode and terminus-fonts pkgs on 64bits?

Javier Vasquez-2
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Javier Vasquez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ... (Xorg on cygwing-32bits doesn't seem to work
> on windows8 under 64 bits)? ...

well, at least not rxvt-unicode:-)

On 32-bits, when running from xterm:

$ urxvt
      1 [main] urxvt-X 8492 child_info_fork::abort:
C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll: Loaded to different address: parent(0x3B0000)
!= child(0x3C0000)
urxvt: can't fork, aborting.

Re: Is there going to be rxvt-unicode and terminus-fonts pkgs on 64bits?

Arthur Tu
Also lftp and inet-tools(which includes telnet).

These packages are used a lot.

On 8/28/2013 10:16 AM, Javier Vasquez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed rxvt-unicode is not available on cygwin-64bits,
> although it is on cygwing-32bits.  Are there plans to include it?
>
> Also, terminus-fonts is not available neither for 64bits, nor 32.
> It'd be of great help to include such package.  Is it in plans?
>
> If any of those is not in plan for 64bits, what would be the approach
> to get them in 64 bits (Xorg on cygwing-32bits doesn't seem to work
> on windows8 under 64 bits)?
>
> Thanks,

Re: Is there going to be rxvt-unicode and terminus-fonts pkgs on 64bits?

Charles Wilson-2
On 8/28/2013 2:20 AM, Arthur Tu wrote:
> Also lftp and inet-tools(which includes telnet).

I'm currently working on inetutils. It's slow going, as the cygwin
version is *heavily* patched from stock, and I'm forward-porting those
changes from inetutils-1.7 to inetutils-1.9.  Stay tuned.

>> I just noticed rxvt-unicode is not available on cygwin-64bits,
>> although it is on cygwing-32bits.  Are there plans to include it?

rxvt-unicode: yes, eventually. There are some library dependencies that
have to be produced first.

--
Chuck