Invalid relocation. Offset 0x7ffb9097714 at address 0x100402ed8 doesn't fit into 32 bits

Invalid relocation. Offset 0x7ffb9097714 at address 0x100402ed8 doesn't fit into 32 bits

KA G
I get this error when trying to run outguess. Invalid relocation.  Offset
0x7ffb9097714 at address 0x100402ed8 doesn't fit into 32 bits. I installed
it through the set up provided.
The program appears on the bin folder of outguess and
also C:\cygwin64\usr\src. The files that are found on C:\cygwin64\usr\src
are:
outguess-0.2 tar.gz
outguess-0.2-1.sh
outguess-0.2-1.sh.sig
outguess-0.2-1-cygwin.patch
outguess-0.2-1-cygwin.patch.sig.
I also have set the path as well. I did see a method that involved rebasing
the cygXt-6.dll however I was nogt able to locate it.

http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Invalid-relocation-for-xpdf-td126316.html

Could you please help? I'd like to add that the account that is being used
to try and run outguess is not the administrator account however I do have
access to the password of the administrator
Thank you

Re: Invalid relocation. Offset 0x7ffb9097714 at address 0x100402ed8 doesn't fit into 32 bits

Cygwin list mailing list
I see the same error on my version of cygwin.$ uname -aCYGWIN_NT-10.0 DESKTOP-S92525R 2.10.0(0.325/5/3) 2018-02-02 15:16 x86_64 Cygwin

I wonder if this is a 64-bit application trying to run in a 32-bit address space?
$ file /usr/bin/outguess.exe/usr/bin/outguess.exe: PE32+ executable (console) x86-64, for MS Windows
 Don

--
Problem reports:      http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  http://cygwin.com/faq/

On 10/13/2018 6:16 AM, KA G wrote:

> I get this error when trying to run outguess. Invalid relocation.  Offset
> 0x7ffb9097714 at address 0x100402ed8 doesn't fit into 32 bits. I installed
> it through the set up provided.
> The program appears on the bin folder of outguess and
> also C:\cygwin64\usr\src. The files that are found on C:\cygwin64\usr\src
> are:
> outguess-0.2 tar.gz
> outguess-0.2-1.sh
> outguess-0.2-1.sh.sig
> outguess-0.2-1-cygwin.patch
> outguess-0.2-1-cygwin.patch.sig.
> I also have set the path as well. I did see a method that involved rebasing
> the cygXt-6.dll however I was nogt able to locate it.
>
> http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Invalid-relocation-for-xpdf-td126316.html

If you read to the end of that discussion (which continued into the next month),
you'll see that the rebase suggestion didn't work.  What was required was simply
a rebuild of the package (see https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-05/msg00172.html).

I've added the package maintainer to the Cc in case he wants to try this.

Re: Invalid relocation. Offset 0x7ffb9097714 at address 0x100402ed8 doesn't fit into 32 bits

Ken Brown-6
On 10/13/2018 10:47 AM, Ken Brown wrote:

> On 10/13/2018 6:16 AM, KA G wrote:
>> I get this error when trying to run outguess. Invalid relocation.  Offset
>> 0x7ffb9097714 at address 0x100402ed8 doesn't fit into 32 bits. I installed
>> it through the set up provided.
>> The program appears on the bin folder of outguess and
>> also C:\cygwin64\usr\src. The files that are found on C:\cygwin64\usr\src
>> are:
>> outguess-0.2 tar.gz
>> outguess-0.2-1.sh
>> outguess-0.2-1.sh.sig
>> outguess-0.2-1-cygwin.patch
>> outguess-0.2-1-cygwin.patch.sig.
>> I also have set the path as well. I did see a method that involved rebasing
>> the cygXt-6.dll however I was nogt able to locate it.
>>
>> http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Invalid-relocation-for-xpdf-td126316.html
>
> If you read to the end of that discussion (which continued into the next month),
> you'll see that the rebase suggestion didn't work.  What was required was simply
> a rebuild of the package (see https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-05/msg00172.html).
>
> I've added the package maintainer to the Cc in case he wants to try this.

FWIW, I just made a quick attempt to build the package, and I found that the
build failed because the include file <md5.h> couldn't be found.  The fix was to
configure with ac_cv_func_MD5Update=no.  The build then completed and the
resulting outguess.exe started up.  But the build (at least in the 64-bit case)
had a lot of gcc warnings that ought to be looked into.