[ITP] tnef - MS-TNEF file unpacker

Harold L Hunt II
Home Page
=========
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tnef

Debian has tnef in stable
=========================
http://packages.debian.org/stable/text/tnef

Download links
==============
http://homer.starnet.com/~hunth/cygwin/release/tnef/tnef-1.3.4-1.tar.bz2
http://homer.starnet.com/~hunth/cygwin/release/tnef/tnef-1.3.4-1-src.tar.bz2
http://homer.starnet.com/~hunth/cygwin/release/tnef/setup.hint

setup.hint
==========
sdesc: "Unpacks MS-TNEF email attachments"
ldesc: "TNEF provides a way to unpack those pesky Microsoft MS-TNEF MIME
attachments. It operates like tar in order to upack any files which
may have been put into the MS-TNEF attachment instead of being
attached seperately."
category: Archive Mail
requires: cygwin

I have already used it on my computer today to unpack one of those
winmail.dat files and it worked fine... the only question I have is the
category.  Debian put it in 'text', but I thought 'Mail' and 'Archive'
were more appropriate places where it should be found.  Comments?

Harold

Re: [ITP] tnef - MS-TNEF file unpacker

Christopher Faylor-2
On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 03:42:03PM -0800, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>I have already used it on my computer today to unpack one of those
>winmail.dat files and it worked fine... the only question I have is the
>category.  Debian put it in 'text', but I thought 'Mail' and 'Archive'
>were more appropriate places where it should be found.  Comments?

I agree that Mail and Archive seem more appropriate, FWIW.

[GTG] Re: [ITP] tnef - MS-TNEF file unpacker

Dr. Volker Zell

    > Home Page
    > =========
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/tnef

    > Debian has tnef in stable
    > =========================
    > http://packages.debian.org/stable/text/tnef

    > Download links
    > ==============
    > http://homer.starnet.com/~hunth/cygwin/release/tnef/tnef-1.3.4-1.tar.bz2
    > http://homer.starnet.com/~hunth/cygwin/release/tnef/tnef-1.3.4-1-src.tar.bz2
    > http://homer.starnet.com/~hunth/cygwin/release/tnef/setup.hint

    > setup.hint
    > ==========
    > sdesc: "Unpacks MS-TNEF email attachments"
    > ldesc: "TNEF provides a way to unpack those pesky Microsoft MS-TNEF MIME
    > attachments. It operates like tar in order to upack any files which
    > may have been put into the MS-TNEF attachment instead of being
    > attached seperately."
    > category: Archive Mail
    > requires: cygwin

Builds fine from source. GTG.

A minor nit. Your package readme refers to tnef-<VER>-<REL>.sh although
your build script has not sh extension.

    > Harold

Ciao
  Volker

Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] tnef - MS-TNEF file unpacker

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Dec 30 12:38, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>> http://homer.starnet.com/~hunth/cygwin/release/tnef/tnef-1.3.4-1.tar.bz2
>> http://homer.starnet.com/~hunth/cygwin/release/tnef/tnef-1.3.4-1-src.tar.bz2