[ITP]

Jari Aalto-5

python-paramiko library is needed for bzr (distributed version control)
to work over SSH2 transport. Here is package for review. Included in
following distros:

  http://packages.debian.org/testing/python/python-paramiko
  http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/python/python-paramiko

Jari

sdesc: "SSH2 connection library for Python (C library)"
ldesc: "This is a library for making SSH2 connections (client or server).
Emphasis is on using SSH2 as an alternative to SSL for making secure
connections between python scripts. All major ciphers and hash methods
are supported. SFTP client and server mode are both supported too."
category: Libs
requires: cygwin python

Homepage: http://www.lag.net/paramiko/

1) manual download

  wget --no-verbose        \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/python-paramiko/setup.hint \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/python-paramiko/python-paramiko-1.5.2-1.tar.bz2 \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/python-paramiko/python-paramiko-1.5.2-1-src.tar.bz2

2) automated; get.sh will print further instructions

  gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 955A92D8

  mkdir python-paramiko ; cd python-paramiko
  rm -f get.sh get.sh.sig
  wget -q http://cygwin.cante.net/python-paramiko/get.sh \
          http://cygwin.cante.net/python-paramiko/get.sh.sig
  gpg --verify get.sh.sig get.sh &&
  sh get.sh

[GTG] Re: [ITP] python-paramiko

Dr. Volker Zell

    > python-paramiko library is needed for bzr (distributed version control)
    > to work over SSH2 transport. Here is package for review. Included in
    > following distros:

    >   http://packages.debian.org/testing/python/python-paramiko
    >   http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/python/python-paramiko

    > Jari

    > sdesc: "SSH2 connection library for Python (C library)"
    > ldesc: "This is a library for making SSH2 connections (client or server).
    > Emphasis is on using SSH2 as an alternative to SSL for making secure
    > connections between python scripts. All major ciphers and hash methods
    > are supported. SFTP client and server mode are both supported too."
    > category: Libs
    > requires: cygwin python

    > Homepage: http://www.lag.net/paramiko/

    > 1) manual download

    >   wget --no-verbose        \
    >     http://cygwin.cante.net/python-paramiko/setup.hint \
    >     http://cygwin.cante.net/python-paramiko/python-paramiko-1.5.2-1.tar.bz2 \
    >     http://cygwin.cante.net/python-paramiko/python-paramiko-1.5.2-1-src.tar.bz2

This builds fine from source. Packaging looks good. GTG if the above
distros count without voting, otherwise

 +1

from me.

One question: the original package is named paramiko, so should we use
that name like in the Numeric package case ? Numeric is also a python
package but is not prefixed with python.

Ciao
  Volker

Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] python-paramiko

Christopher Faylor-2
On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 07:56:37PM +0100, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>    > python-paramiko library is needed for bzr (distributed version control)
>    > to work over SSH2 transport. Here is package for review. Included in
>    > following distros:
>
>    >   http://packages.debian.org/testing/python/python-paramiko
>    >   http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/python/python-paramiko
>
>    > Jari
>
>    > sdesc: "SSH2 connection library for Python (C library)"
>    > ldesc: "This is a library for making SSH2 connections (client or server).
>    > Emphasis is on using SSH2 as an alternative to SSL for making secure
>    > connections between python scripts. All major ciphers and hash methods
>    > are supported. SFTP client and server mode are both supported too."
>    > category: Libs
>    > requires: cygwin python
>
>    > Homepage: http://www.lag.net/paramiko/
>
>    > 1) manual download
>
>    >   wget --no-verbose        \
>    >     http://cygwin.cante.net/python-paramiko/setup.hint \
>    >     http://cygwin.cante.net/python-paramiko/python-paramiko-1.5.2-1.tar.bz2 \
>    >     http://cygwin.cante.net/python-paramiko/python-paramiko-1.5.2-1-src.tar.bz2
>
>This builds fine from source. Packaging looks good. GTG if the above
>distros count without voting,

Debian testing, as has been stated numerous times, does not qualify.
I would really appreciate it if people would stop using Debian testing
as an example of a "distro".

The Ubuntu dapper release does not seem to be shipping so this doesn't
qualify either:

http://www.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/releases?highlight=%28dapper%29

Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] python-paramiko

Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> One question: the original package is named paramiko, so should we use
> that name like in the Numeric package case ? Numeric is also a python
> package but is not prefixed with python.

It's an unfortunate exception, but should be well known enough not to be
a big issue.  Most python modules already include a "py" prefix
upstream, and I think that's enough; others probably should add a "py"
or "python-" prefix, depending on the case.

Yaakov