[ITP] ragel 7.0.0.11

Ken Brown-6
This package depends on the two previously ITP'd packages, kelbt and colm, so it
probably can't be reviewed easily until those are in the distro.

ragel is in Debian and Fedora:

     https://packages.debian.org/source/stretch/ragel
     https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/ragel

My cygport file and patch are attached.

The build requires a bootstrapping procedure, as explained in the cygport file.
For maximum transparency, I propose to first make a preliminary unannounced
release 1 using the attached cygport file as is.  Once that's in the distro,
I'll install it, bump the release to 2, uncomment the "bootstrap=1" line, and
make a new release.

Package files for release 1:

http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/ragel/ragel-7.0.0.11-1-src.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/ragel/ragel-7.0.0.11-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/ragel/ragel-7.0.0.11-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/ragel/libragel-devel/libragel-devel-7.0.0.11-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/ragel/libragel-devel/libragel-devel-7.0.0.11-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/ragel/ragel-debuginfo/ragel-debuginfo-7.0.0.11-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/ragel/ragel-debuginfo/ragel-debuginfo-7.0.0.11-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/ragel/libragel0/libragel0-7.0.0.11-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/ragel/libragel0/libragel0-7.0.0.11-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/ragel/ragel-7.0.0.11-1-src.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/ragel/ragel-7.0.0.11-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/ragel/ragel-7.0.0.11-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/ragel/libragel-devel/libragel-devel-7.0.0.11-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/ragel/libragel-devel/libragel-devel-7.0.0.11-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/ragel/ragel-debuginfo/ragel-debuginfo-7.0.0.11-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/ragel/ragel-debuginfo/ragel-debuginfo-7.0.0.11-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/ragel/libragel0/libragel0-7.0.0.11-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/ragel/libragel0/libragel0-7.0.0.11-1.tar.xz

License: MIT and LGPLv2+

Ken

ragel.cygport (2K) Download Attachment
ragel-no_undefined.patch (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [ITP] ragel 7.0.0.11

marco atzeri-4
Am 15.11.2018 um 15:55 schrieb Ken Brown:

> This package depends on the two previously ITP'd packages, kelbt and colm, so it
> probably can't be reviewed easily until those are in the distro.
>
> ragel is in Debian and Fedora:
>
>       https://packages.debian.org/source/stretch/ragel
>       https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/ragel
>
> My cygport file and patch are attached.
>
> The build requires a bootstrapping procedure, as explained in the cygport file.
> For maximum transparency, I propose to first make a preliminary unannounced
> release 1 using the attached cygport file as is.  Once that's in the distro,
> I'll install it, bump the release to 2, uncomment the "bootstrap=1" line, and
> make a new release.

added to cygwin-pkg-maint, not tested yet but
you can go with your two steps plan.

---

Re: [ITP] ragel 7.0.0.11

Ken Brown writes:
> This package depends on the two previously ITP'd packages, kelbt and colm, so it
> probably can't be reviewed easily until those are in the distro.
>
> ragel is in Debian and Fedora:

Just out of curiosity, what are you intending to use it for?  Also, why
did you go for the development rather than the stable version, which is
usually available as ragel-6 in Linux?  As a practical consequence of
that, the description string you copied (?)  from the Linux packages is
currently missing the additional target languages that were added back
to ragel-7, unless you didn't configure them (I didn't check).

Re: [ITP] ragel 7.0.0.11

Ken Brown-6
On 11/20/2018 2:00 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:

> Ken Brown writes:
>> This package depends on the two previously ITP'd packages, kelbt and colm, so it
>> probably can't be reviewed easily until those are in the distro.
>>
>> ragel is in Debian and Fedora:
>
> Just out of curiosity, what are you intending to use it for?  Also, why
> did you go for the development rather than the stable version, which is
> usually available as ragel-6 in Linux?  As a practical consequence of
> that, the description string you copied (?)  from the Linux packages is
> currently missing the additional target languages that were added back
> to ragel-7, unless you didn't configure them (I didn't check).

I needed ragel for building harfbuzz from its git repo (so that I could submit
some patches).  I chose the development version because that's what Fedora
packages.  The description is just the first paragraph of
http://www.colm.net/open-source/ragel/.  But the build does support several
languages that aren't mentioned there.

Re: [ITP] ragel 7.0.0.11

Achim Gratz
Ken Brown writes:
> I needed ragel for building harfbuzz from its git repo (so that I could submit
> some patches).  I chose the development version because that's what Fedora
> packages.  The description is just the first paragraph of
> http://www.colm.net/open-source/ragel/.  But the build does support several
> languages that aren't mentioned there.

I see.  I sorta-kinda hoped it would have something to do with setup…
:-)