Quantcast

[ITP] python2-future and python3-future

Re: [ITP] python2-future and python3-future

Yaakov Selkowitz
On 2017-05-11 12:11, Jon Turney wrote:
> python-future is a compatibility layer for Python 2 and Python 3
>
> This is a pre-requisite of buildbot-worker 0.9.x
>
> cygport files:
>
> https://github.com/jon-turney/python2-future-cygport/blob/master/python2-future.cygport
> https://github.com/jon-turney/python3-future-cygport/blob/master/python3-future.cygport

The preferred packaging scheme for Python modules is now python-wheel
cygclass.  So instead, I suggest something like the attached.

python-future.cygport (620 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [ITP] python2-future and python3-future

Jon TURNEY
On 11/05/2017 18:52, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2017-05-11 12:11, Jon Turney wrote:
>> python-future is a compatibility layer for Python 2 and Python 3
>>
>> This is a pre-requisite of buildbot-worker 0.9.x

[...]
> The preferred packaging scheme for Python modules is now python-wheel
> cygclass.  So instead, I suggest something like the attached.

Ah, very good. Let's do that then.

I'd also got a collision between the packages with the /usr/bin/
scripts, which this avoids :)

On 2017-05-11 15:21, Jon Turney wrote:

> On 11/05/2017 18:52, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> On 2017-05-11 12:11, Jon Turney wrote:
>>> python-future is a compatibility layer for Python 2 and Python 3
>>>
>>> This is a pre-requisite of buildbot-worker 0.9.x
>>
>> The preferred packaging scheme for Python modules is now python-wheel
>> cygclass.  So instead, I suggest something like the attached.
>
> Ah, very good. Let's do that then.
>
> I'd also got a collision between the packages with the /usr/bin/
> scripts, which this avoids :)

Go ahead, it's yours.