Quantcast

[ITP] mailutils 3.2

Ken Brown-6
This is a followup to

  https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2017-03/msg00054.html

Mailutils is packaged by Debian:

  https://packages.debian.org/jessie/mailutils

My packaging closely follows theirs, except that I have split off the unversioned DLLs from libmailutils5 into a separate package libmailutils-sieve-extensions to avoid a possible future collision (see https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2017-03/msg00034.html and my reply to it).

For the convenience of the reviewer, I have included the Debian packaging as a comment at the end of my cygport file.

Hint
====
category: Mail
requires: cygwin libintl8 libmailutils5 libreadline7
sdesc: "A rich and powerful protocol-independent mail framework"
ldesc: "GNU Mailutils is a rich and powerful protocol-independent mail
framework.  It contains a series of useful mail libraries, clients,
and servers.  These are the primary mail utilities for the GNU system.
The central library is capable of handling electronic mail in various
mailbox formats and protocols, both local and remote.  Specifically,
this project contains a POP3 server, an IMAP4 server, and a Sieve mail
filter. It also provides a POSIX mailx client, and a collection of
other handy tools."

Package files
=============
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/mailutils-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/mailutils-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/mailutils-3.2-1-src.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/libmailutils5/libmailutils5-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/libmailutils5/libmailutils5-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/libmailutils-sieve-extensions/libmailutils-sieve-extensions-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/libmailutils-sieve-extensions/libmailutils-sieve-extensions-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/libmailutils-devel/libmailutils-devel-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/libmailutils-devel/libmailutils-devel-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/mailutils-comsatd/mailutils-comsatd-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/mailutils-comsatd/mailutils-comsatd-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/mailutils-imap4d/mailutils-imap4d-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/mailutils-imap4d/mailutils-imap4d-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/mailutils-mh/mailutils-mh-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/mailutils-mh/mailutils-mh-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/mailutils-pop3d/mailutils-pop3d-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86/release/mailutils/mailutils-pop3d/mailutils-pop3d-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/mailutils-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/mailutils-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/mailutils-3.2-1-src.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/libmailutils5/libmailutils5-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/libmailutils5/libmailutils5-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/libmailutils-sieve-extensions/libmailutils-sieve-extensions-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/libmailutils-sieve-extensions/libmailutils-sieve-extensions-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/libmailutils-devel/libmailutils-devel-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/libmailutils-devel/libmailutils-devel-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/mailutils-comsatd/mailutils-comsatd-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/mailutils-comsatd/mailutils-comsatd-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/mailutils-imap4d/mailutils-imap4d-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/mailutils-imap4d/mailutils-imap4d-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/mailutils-mh/mailutils-mh-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/mailutils-mh/mailutils-mh-3.2-1.tar.xz
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/mailutils-pop3d/mailutils-pop3d-3.2-1.hint
http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/x86_64/release/mailutils/mailutils-pop3d/mailutils-pop3d-3.2-1.tar.xz

Re: [ITP] mailutils 3.2

Jon TURNEY
On 02/04/2017 23:39, Ken Brown wrote:

> This is a followup to
>
>   https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2017-03/msg00054.html
>
> Mailutils is packaged by Debian:
>
>   https://packages.debian.org/jessie/mailutils
>
> My packaging closely follows theirs, except that I have split off the unversioned DLLs from libmailutils5 into a separate package libmailutils-sieve-extensions to avoid a possible future collision (see https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2017-03/msg00034.html and my reply to it).
>
> For the convenience of the reviewer, I have included the Debian packaging as a comment at the end of my cygport file.

mailutils.cygport:

3.2-missing_tests.patch is listed in SRC_URI.  I'm guess this is an
error, or it needs to be a URL?

src_tests() ignores the result of make check.

I added 'mailutils' to your authorized uploads, so you can go ahead or
wait until Yaakov has some time to tell you what else is wrong with your
package :)

Re: [ITP] mailutils 3.2

Yaakov Selkowitz
On 2017-04-19 15:11, Ken Brown wrote:

> On 4/19/2017 1:17 PM, Jon Turney wrote:
>> mailutils.cygport:
>>
>> 3.2-missing_tests.patch is listed in SRC_URI.  I'm guess this is an
>> error, or it needs to be a URL?
>
> No, this was deliberate.  There's some kind of glitch in the build
> system that causes the missing tests to be removed again, so I have to
> reapply the patch as part of src_test().  Adding it to SRC_URI seemed
> like the easiest way to make sure it was available.
>
>> src_tests() ignores the result of make check.
>
> Thanks.  I have no idea why I did that, but I've fixed it now.
>
>> I added 'mailutils' to your authorized uploads, so you can go ahead or
>> wait until Yaakov has some time to tell you what else is wrong with your
>> package :)
>
> I'll wait a few more days to see if Yaakov has further comments.

I was offline for most of the last two weeks.  I still don't like the
/usr/bin/mu-mh directory as it is a FHS violation; it looks like fixing
that is simply a matter of passing --with-mh-bindir=/usr/libexec/mu-mh
to configure.  With that, this looks good.

Re: [ITP] mailutils 3.2

Ken Brown-6
On 4/20/2017 2:55 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

> On 2017-04-19 15:11, Ken Brown wrote:
>> On 4/19/2017 1:17 PM, Jon Turney wrote:
>>> mailutils.cygport:
>>>
>>> 3.2-missing_tests.patch is listed in SRC_URI.  I'm guess this is an
>>> error, or it needs to be a URL?
>>
>> No, this was deliberate.  There's some kind of glitch in the build
>> system that causes the missing tests to be removed again, so I have to
>> reapply the patch as part of src_test().  Adding it to SRC_URI seemed
>> like the easiest way to make sure it was available.
>>
>>> src_tests() ignores the result of make check.
>>
>> Thanks.  I have no idea why I did that, but I've fixed it now.
>>
>>> I added 'mailutils' to your authorized uploads, so you can go ahead or
>>> wait until Yaakov has some time to tell you what else is wrong with your
>>> package :)
>>
>> I'll wait a few more days to see if Yaakov has further comments.
>
> I was offline for most of the last two weeks.  I still don't like the
> /usr/bin/mu-mh directory as it is a FHS violation; it looks like fixing
> that is simply a matter of passing --with-mh-bindir=/usr/libexec/mu-mh
> to configure.  With that, this looks good.

OK, I'll make that change.  I'll have to make a corresponding change to
Emacs's mh-e library, but that's no big deal.