[ITP] libsigsegv-2.4-1

Reini Urban
I would like to propose a new package, libsigsegv for cygwin.
I would like to become the maintainer of this package.
It would help building clisp from source. This is just a small static
library (4 KB). It is used e.g. for generational garbage collectors and
stack overflow handlers.

In Debian it's in stable, testing and unstable as libsigsegv-dev. In Red
Hat and Fedora it's as libsigsegv and libsigsegv-devel
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libsigsegv

http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/libsigsegv/setup.hint
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/libsigsegv/libsigsegv-2.4-1.tar.bz2
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/libsigsegv/libsigsegv-2.4-1-src.tar.bz2
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/libsigsegv/README

Files included in the binary distribution:

   /usr/include/sigsegv.h
   /usr/lib/libsigsegv.a
   /usr/lib/libsigsegv.la
   /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/libsigsegv-2.4.README
   /usr/share/doc/libsigsegv-2.4/AUTHORS
   /usr/share/doc/libsigsegv-2.4/COPYING
   /usr/share/doc/libsigsegv-2.4/ChangeLog
   /usr/share/doc/libsigsegv-2.4/INSTALL
   /usr/share/doc/libsigsegv-2.4/NEWS
   /usr/share/doc/libsigsegv-2.4/README

setup.hint:
sdesc: "Handling page faults in user mode"
ldesc: "Small static library for handling page faults in user mode. A
page fault occurs when a program tries to access to a region of memory
that is currently not available. Mainly required to build clisp from
source."
category: Libs
Reini Urban

Re: [ITP] libsigsegv-2.4-1

Dr. Volker Zell

    > I would like to propose a new package, libsigsegv for cygwin.

Builds fine from source. Your setup.hint has an empty requires line.
I thought it should require at least cygwin.

Otherwise GTG.

Ciao
  Volker

Re: [ITP] libsigsegv-2.4-1

Reini Urban
Dr. Volker Zell schrieb:

>     > I would like to propose a new package, libsigsegv for cygwin.
>
> Builds fine from source. Your setup.hint has an empty requires line.
> I thought it should require at least cygwin.
>
> Otherwise GTG.

Thanks, I fixed that.
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/libsigsegv/setup.hint

Now I have clisp also ready, because the old maintainer Sam Steingold
has no windows box anymore and came not through to the list.
I'll open another thread for the maintainer change and the new packages.

Reini

Re: [ITP] libsigsegv-2.4-1

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 12:29:22PM +0200, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>    > I would like to propose a new package, libsigsegv for cygwin.
>
>Builds fine from source. Your setup.hint has an empty requires line.
>I thought it should require at least cygwin.
>
>Otherwise GTG.

Uploaded, with that change to setup.hint.

Thanks, Reini, for offering the package and Volker for reviewing it.

cgf