[ITP] glitz-0.4.4

Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
Glitz is an optional backend for cairo (the graphics rendering library,
which is a gtk+-2.8 requirement).  It's already in Debian testing, just
needs a GTG review (and there's no gtk-doc this time! :-))

ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/glitz-0.4.4-2-src.tar.bz2
ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/glitz-0.4.4-2.tar.bz2
ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/setup.hint
ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/libglitz-glx1/libglitz-glx1-0.4.4-2.tar.bz2
ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/libglitz-glx1/setup.hint
ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/libglitz1/libglitz1-0.4.4-2.tar.bz2
ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/libglitz1/setup.hint

category: Graphics Libs X11
requires: libglitz1
sdesc: "OpenGL image compositing library (development files, readmes)"
ldesc: "Glitz is an OpenGL image compositing library. Glitz provides
Porter/Duff compositing of images and implicit mask generation for
geometric primitives including trapezoids, triangles, and rectangles."

category: Graphics Libs X11
requires: cygwin libglitz1 xorg-x11-bin-dlls
external-source: glitz
sdesc: "OpenGL image compositing library (GLX runtime library)"
ldesc: "Glitz is an OpenGL image compositing library. Glitz provides
Porter/Duff compositing of images and implicit mask generation for
geometric primitives including trapezoids, triangles, and rectangles."

category: Graphics Libs
requires: cygwin
external-source: glitz
sdesc: "OpenGL image compositing library (runtime library)"
ldesc: "Glitz is an OpenGL image compositing library. Glitz provides
Porter/Duff compositing of images and implicit mask generation for
geometric primitives including trapezoids, triangles, and rectangles."

[GTG] Re: [ITP] glitz-0.4.4

Dr. Volker Zell

    > Glitz is an optional backend for cairo (the graphics rendering
    > library, which is a gtk+-2.8 requirement).  It's already in Debian
    > testing, just needs a GTG review (and there's no gtk-doc this time!
    > :-))

Here it is. Builds fine from source and packaging looks good. GTG.

Ciao
  Volker

Re: [ITP] glitz-0.4.4

On Feb  1 20:46, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:

> Glitz is an optional backend for cairo (the graphics rendering library,
> which is a gtk+-2.8 requirement).  It's already in Debian testing, just
> needs a GTG review (and there's no gtk-doc this time! :-))
>
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/glitz-0.4.4-2-src.tar.bz2
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/glitz-0.4.4-2.tar.bz2
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/setup.hint
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/libglitz-glx1/libglitz-glx1-0.4.4-2.tar.bz2
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/libglitz-glx1/setup.hint
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/libglitz1/libglitz1-0.4.4-2.tar.bz2
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/cairographics/glitz/libglitz1/setup.hint

Uploaded under X11.  Is that the right place?

Re: [ITP] glitz-0.4.4

On Feb  1 20:46, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> Glitz is an optional backend for cairo (the graphics rendering library,
> which is a gtk+-2.8 requirement).  It's already in Debian testing, just
> needs a GTG review (and there's no gtk-doc this time! :-))

For the records, I just uploaded this package without having noticed
that you're talking about debian-testing.  Debian-testing does not mean
it's already in a distro.  I'll let this one slip through now, but in
future, debian-testing will require votes, as does debian-unstable.

RE: [ITP] glitz-0.4.4

Jörg Schaible
Corinna Vinschen wrote on Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:22 AM:

> On Feb  1 20:46, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
>> Glitz is an optional backend for cairo (the graphics rendering
>> library, which is a gtk+-2.8 requirement).  It's already in Debian
>> testing, just needs a GTG review (and there's no gtk-doc this time!
>> :-))
>
> For the records, I just uploaded this package without having noticed
> that you're talking about debian-testing.  Debian-testing
> does not mean
> it's already in a distro.  I'll let this one slip through now, but in
> future, debian-testing will require votes, as does debian-unstable.

Available for Gentoo as stable package:
http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=glitz

- Jörg

Re: [ITP] glitz-0.4.4

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Feb  2 10:37, J?rg Schaible wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen wrote on Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:22 AM:
>
> > On Feb  1 20:46, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> >> Glitz is an optional backend for cairo (the graphics rendering
> >> library, which is a gtk+-2.8 requirement).  It's already in Debian
> >> testing, just needs a GTG review (and there's no gtk-doc this time!
> >> :-))
> >
> > For the records, I just uploaded this package without having noticed
> > that you're talking about debian-testing.  Debian-testing
> > does not mean
> > it's already in a distro.  I'll let this one slip through now, but in
> > future, debian-testing will require votes, as does debian-unstable.
>
> Available for Gentoo as stable package:
> http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=glitz

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-01/msg00248.html

RE: [ITP] glitz-0.4.4

Jörg Schaible
Corinna Vinschen wrote on Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:54 AM:

> On Feb  2 10:37, J?rg Schaible wrote:
>> Corinna Vinschen wrote on Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:22 AM:

>>> For the records, I just uploaded this package without having noticed
>>> that you're talking about debian-testing.  Debian-testing does not
>>> mean it's already in a distro.  I'll let this one slip through now,
>>> but in future, debian-testing will require votes, as does
>>> debian-unstable.
>>
>> Available for Gentoo as stable package:
>> http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=glitz
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-01/msg00248.html

I don't wanna argue here, but I think you really misinterpret the stable mark in Gentoo. If something is marked as such, it is really meant to. E.g. neither kde 3.5.x, Firefox 1.5.x, OpenSSH 4.3 nor gcc 4.x (they switched one month ago from 3.3.x to 3.4.x) is currently marked as stable  - in despite to other distros. And - as Gentoo user - I really hate if something breaks my system, too.

- Jörg