[ITP] gail-1.8.8-1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ITP] gail-1.8.8-1

Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
Here's the next GNOME package, already in all the major distros, just
needs a review:

ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/GNOME/gail/gail-1.8.8-1-src.tar.bz2
ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/GNOME/gail/gail-1.8.8-1.tar.bz2
ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/GNOME/gail/setup.hint

category: Gnome
requires: cygwin atk-runtime gtk2-x11-runtime libart_lgpl2 libgnomecanvas2
sdesc: "Accessibility support for GTK+ and libgnomecanvas"
ldesc: "GAIL provides accessibility support for gtk+ and libgnomecanvas
by implementing AtkObjects for widgets in gtk+ and libgnomecanvas. The
GAIL library is a GTK+ module. For example, if the module is loaded in
a program which calls gtk_widget_get_accessible() for a GtkEntry an
instance of GailEntry is returned. This module is normally used with
the atk-bridge GTK+ module from at-spi to allow an assistive technology,
e.g a screenreader, to query or drive the program."


Yaakov

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] gail-1.8.8-1

Dr. Volker Zell
When trying to build from source I get:

Making all in libgail-util
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs/reference/libgail-util'
gtk-doc: Scanning header files
if grep -l '^..*$' /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util/gail-libgail-util.types > /dev/null 2>&1 ; then \
    CC="/bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -I/usr/src/gail-1.8.8 -I../../.. -DXTHREADS -DXUSE_MTSAFE_API -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libgnomecanvas-2.0 -I/usr/include/libart-2.0    -O2 -pipe -Wall" LD="/bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=link gcc  -O2 -pipe -Wall " CFLAGS="" LDFLAGS="../../../gail/libgail-util/libgailutil.la" gtkdoc-scangobj  --module=gail-libgail-util --output-dir=/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util ; \
else \
    cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util ; \
    for i in gail-libgail-util.args gail-libgail-util.hierarchy gail-libgail-util.interfaces gail-libgail-util.prerequisites gail-libgail-util.signals ; do \
               test -f $i || touch $i ; \
    done \
fi
cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util && \
  gtkdoc-scan --module=gail-libgail-util --source-dir=../../../libgail-util --ignore-headers=""  
touch scan-build.stamp
gtk-doc: Rebuilding template files
cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util && gtkdoc-mktmpl --module=gail-libgail-util
touch tmpl-build.stamp
gtk-doc: Building XML
cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util && \
gtkdoc-mkdb --module=gail-libgail-util --source-dir=../../../libgail-util --output-format=xml --expand-content-files="" --main-sgml-file=gail-libgail-util-docs.sgml
Unknown option: expand-content-files
Can't move ./xml/gailtextutil.xml.new to ./xml/gailtextutil.xml: Permission denied at /usr/share/gtk-doc/data/gtkdoc-common.pl line 71, <INPUT> line 21.
make[4]: *** [sgml-build.stamp] Error 13
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs/reference/libgail-util'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs/reference'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build'
make: *** [all] Error 2


Ciao
  Volker

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] gail-1.8.8-1

Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> When trying to build from source I get:

First, thank you for your continued willingness to review packages.

> Making all in libgail-util
> make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs/reference/libgail-util'
> gtk-doc: Scanning header files
> if grep -l '^..*$' /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util/gail-libgail-util.types > /dev/null 2>&1 ; then \
>     CC="/bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -I/usr/src/gail-1.8.8 -I../../.. -DXTHREADS -DXUSE_MTSAFE_API -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libgnomecanvas-2.0 -I/usr/include/libart-2.0    -O2 -pipe -Wall" LD="/bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=link gcc  -O2 -pipe -Wall " CFLAGS="" LDFLAGS="../../../gail/libgail-util/libgailutil.la" gtkdoc-scangobj  --module=gail-libgail-util --output-dir=/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util ; \
> else \
>     cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util ; \
>     for i in gail-libgail-util.args gail-libgail-util.hierarchy gail-libgail-util.interfaces gail-libgail-util.prerequisites gail-libgail-util.signals ; do \
>                test -f $i || touch $i ; \
>     done \
> fi
> cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util && \
>   gtkdoc-scan --module=gail-libgail-util --source-dir=../../../libgail-util --ignore-headers=""  
> touch scan-build.stamp
> gtk-doc: Rebuilding template files
> cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util && gtkdoc-mktmpl --module=gail-libgail-util
> touch tmpl-build.stamp
> gtk-doc: Building XML
> cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util && \
> gtkdoc-mkdb --module=gail-libgail-util --source-dir=../../../libgail-util --output-format=xml --expand-content-files="" --main-sgml-file=gail-libgail-util-docs.sgml
> Unknown option: expand-content-files
> Can't move ./xml/gailtextutil.xml.new to ./xml/gailtextutil.xml: Permission denied at /usr/share/gtk-doc/data/gtkdoc-common.pl line 71, <INPUT> line 21.
* ^^^^^^^^^^
Oh, really?  Sounds like something wrong on your system, or with your
gtk-doc installation.  This (obviously ?) WFM, so I can't duplicate it,
but this is all handled by gtk-doc (nothing specific to gail).  Do other
gtk-doc build processes work for you?

If you want to test the package in the meantime despite this issue, do a
/--enable-gtk-doc/--disable-gtk-doc/ in the configure step and try again.


Yaakov
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Cygwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFD3/SRpiWmPGlmQSMRAtImAJ9U2Yek9/v6SZQCqLjirhlNss3mngCeJO/k
bJKyqVbw14BSugNTD2g+vo8=
=Ct1H
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[GTG] Re: [ITP] gail-1.8.8-1

Dr. Volker Zell
>>>>> Yaakov S writes:

    > Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
    >> When trying to build from source I get:

    > First, thank you for your continued willingness to review packages.

    >> Making all in libgail-util
    >> make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs/reference/libgail-util'
    >> gtk-doc: Scanning header files
    >> if grep -l '^..*$' /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util/gail-libgail-util.types > /dev/null 2>&1 ; then \
    >> CC="/bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -I/usr/src/gail-1.8.8 -I../../.. -DXTHREADS -DXUSE_MTSAFE_API -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libgnomecanvas-2.0 -I/usr/include/libart-2.0    -O2 -pipe -Wall" LD="/bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=link gcc  -O2 -pipe -Wall " CFLAGS="" LDFLAGS="../../../gail/libgail-util/libgailutil.la" gtkdoc-scangobj  --module=gail-libgail-util --output-dir=/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util ; \
    >> else \
    >> cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util ; \
    >> for i in gail-libgail-util.args gail-libgail-util.hierarchy gail-libgail-util.interfaces gail-libgail-util.prerequisites gail-libgail-util.signals ; do \
    >> test -f $i || touch $i ; \
    >> done \
    >> fi
    >> cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util && \
    >> gtkdoc-scan --module=gail-libgail-util --source-dir=../../../libgail-util --ignore-headers=""  
    >> touch scan-build.stamp
    >> gtk-doc: Rebuilding template files
    >> cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util && gtkdoc-mktmpl --module=gail-libgail-util
    >> touch tmpl-build.stamp
    >> gtk-doc: Building XML
    >> cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util && \
    >> gtkdoc-mkdb --module=gail-libgail-util --source-dir=../../../libgail-util --output-format=xml --expand-content-files="" --main-sgml-file=gail-libgail-util-docs.sgml
    >> Unknown option: expand-content-files
    >> Can't move ./xml/gailtextutil.xml.new to ./xml/gailtextutil.xml: Permission denied at /usr/share/gtk-doc/data/gtkdoc-common.pl line 71, <INPUT> line 21.
    > * ^^^^^^^^^^
    > Oh, really?  Sounds like something wrong on your system, or with your
    > gtk-doc installation.  This (obviously ?) WFM, so I can't duplicate it,
    > but this is all handled by gtk-doc (nothing specific to gail).  Do other
    > gtk-doc build processes work for you?

Strange, rerunning the make step now works. Do you also get the Unknown option: expand-content-files
message ?

Packaging looks good. I would so GTG.

09:32 PM [505]> ./gail-1.8.8-1.sh make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build'
Making all in libgail-util
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/libgail-util'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/libgail-util'
Making all in gail
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/gail'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/gail'
Making all in tests
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/tests'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/tests'
Making all in docs
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs'
Making all in reference
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs/reference'
Making all in libgail-util
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs/reference/libgail-util'
gtk-doc: Building XML
cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util && \
gtkdoc-mkdb --module=gail-libgail-util --source-dir=../../../libgail-util --output-format=xml --expand-content-files="" --main-sgml-file=gail-libgail-util-docs.sgml
Unknown option: expand-content-files
100% symbol docs coverage (15 symbols documented, 0 not documented)
See gail-libgail-util-undocumented.txt for a list of missing docs.
The doc coverage percentage doesn't include intro sections.
touch sgml-build.stamp
gtk-doc: Building HTML
rm -rf /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util/html
mkdir /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util/html
cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util/html && gtkdoc-mkhtml gail-libgail-util ../gail-libgail-util-docs.sgml
Computing chunks...
Writing gail-libgail-util-GailTextUtil.html for refentry(gail-libgail-util-GailTextUtil)
Writing gail-libgail-util-GailMisc.html for refentry(gail-libgail-util-GailMisc)
Writing libgail-util-main.html for chapter(libgail-util-main)
Writing index.html for book
Writing index.sgml for book
Writing gail-libgail-util.devhelp for book
test "x" = "x" || ( cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util && cp  html )
gtk-doc: Fixing cross-references
cd /usr/src/gail-1.8.8/docs/reference/libgail-util && gtkdoc-fixxref --module-dir=html --html-dir=/usr/share/gtk-doc/html
touch html-build.stamp
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs/reference/libgail-util'
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs/reference'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs/reference'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs/reference'
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/docs'
Making all in po
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/po'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build/po'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gail-1.8.8/.build'

   > Yaakov

Ciao
  Volker

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] gail-1.8.8-1

Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> Strange, rerunning the make step now works.

Based on the error message, it looks like it was the old
build-process-getting-ahead-of-the-filesystem trick again. :-)

 > Do you also get the Unknown option: expand-content-files
> message ?

Yes.  This option is first supported by gtk-doc-1.4 (we have 1.3-1 as
current); 1.3 just ignores it.  Gerrit, 1.4 is six months old, how about
a bump?

> Packaging looks good. I would so GTG.

Thanks again for the review.


Yaakov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] gail-1.8.8-1

Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
In reply to this post by Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> Here's the next GNOME package, already in all the major distros, just
> needs a review:
>
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/GNOME/gail/gail-1.8.8-1-src.tar.bz2
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/GNOME/gail/gail-1.8.8-1.tar.bz2
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/GNOME/gail/setup.hint

This has been declared GTG.  Please upload.


Yaakov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] gail-1.8.8-1

Christopher Faylor-2
On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 06:35:17PM -0600, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
>Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
>>Here's the next GNOME package, already in all the major distros, just
>>needs a review:
>>
>>ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/GNOME/gail/gail-1.8.8-1-src.tar.bz2
>>ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/GNOME/gail/gail-1.8.8-1.tar.bz2
>>ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/GNOME/gail/setup.hint
>
>This has been declared GTG.  Please upload.

Uploaded.

cgf