[ITP] engauge 10.7.2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ITP] engauge 10.7.2

mark mitchell-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] engauge 10.7.2

marco atzeri-4
On 6/17/2018 7:59 AM, mark mitchell wrote:
>   Hello,
> This is my first submission to cygwin-apps. Thanks in advance for your help.
> Mark M
>
> GPLv2
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5_zuEeNEicQY1U0dFRYWTZqblU
>

Hi Mark,

the source package misses the cygport file for building it

$ ls -1
engauge-no-undefined.patch
engauge-v10.7.2-1.src.patch
engauge-webkit.patch
v10.7.2.zip

see https://cygwin.com/packaging-contributors-guide.html

Question:
- are you using cygport as build system ?
- if not how you built the package ?

Regards
Marco


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] engauge 10.7.2

mark mitchell-2
Hi Marco,
I used cygport. The cygport file was in the directory you listed as a
hidden file. I have renamed that file to make it visible and uploaded the
new version as v10.7.3. It is available at

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5_zuEeNEicQY1U0dFRYWTZqblU?ths=true

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 3:37 AM, Marco Atzeri <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 6/17/2018 7:59 AM, mark mitchell wrote:
>
>>   Hello,
>> This is my first submission to cygwin-apps. Thanks in advance for your
>> help.
>> Mark M
>>
>> GPLv2
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5_zuEeNEicQY1U0dFRYWTZqblU
>>
>>
> Hi Mark,
>
> the source package misses the cygport file for building it
>
> $ ls -1
> engauge-no-undefined.patch
> engauge-v10.7.2-1.src.patch
> engauge-webkit.patch
> v10.7.2.zip
>
> see https://cygwin.com/packaging-contributors-guide.html
>
> Question:
> - are you using cygport as build system ?
> - if not how you built the package ?
>
> Regards
> Marco
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] engauge 10.7.2

marco atzeri-4
On 6/17/2018 9:52 PM, mark mitchell wrote:
> Hi Marco,
> I used cygport. The cygport file was in the directory you listed as a
> hidden file. I have renamed that file to make it visible and uploaded the
> new version as v10.7.3. It is available at
>
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5_zuEeNEicQY1U0dFRYWTZqblU?ths=true
>

Hi Mark,

I think some build step or link is missing.

 >>> Compiling engauge-v10.7.3-1.x86_64
Info: creating stash file
/tmp/engauge/engauge-v10.7.3-1.x86_64/build/.qmake.stash
Project MESSAGE: Build type:         release
Project MESSAGE: JPEG2000 support:   no
Project MESSAGE: PDF support:        no
Project MESSAGE: log4cpp_null build: yes
WARNING: Failure to find: /src/Appender.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /src/Category.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /src/CategoryStream.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /src/Configurator.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /src/FileAppender.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /src/Layout.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /src/LayoutAppender.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /src/LoggingEvent.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /src/PatternLayout.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /src/PropertyConfigurator.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /src/RollingFileAppender.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /include/log4cpp/Appender.hh
WARNING: Failure to find: /include/log4cpp/Category.hh
....
/temp/engauge/engauge-v10.7.3-1.src/engauge-v10.7.3-1.x86_64/src/engauge-digitizer-10.7.3/src/Logger/Logger.h:10:10:
fatal error: log4cpp/Category.hh: No such file or directory
  #include <log4cpp/Category.hh>


Should this log4cpp_null linked or copied somewhere ?

$ find . -name Appender.cpp
./engauge-digitizer-10.7.3/dev/cygport/log4cpp_null/src/Appender.cpp


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] engauge 10.7.2

marco atzeri-4
On 6/18/2018 8:41 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> On 6/17/2018 9:52 PM, mark mitchell wrote:
>> Hi Marco,
>> I used cygport. The cygport file was in the directory you listed as a
>> hidden file. I have renamed that file to make it visible and uploaded the
>> new version as v10.7.3. It is available at
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5_zuEeNEicQY1U0dFRYWTZqblU?ths=true 
>>
>>
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> I think some build step or link is missing.
>

I think here there is an issue:

    LOG4CPP_HOME=../../../log4cpp_null

may be you mean

    LOG4CPP_HOME=${S}/dev/cygport/log4cpp_null  ?

This one is also a potential problem

   S=../engauge.pro

as ${S} is the source directory after the patches
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] engauge 10.7.2

mark mitchell-2
Yes, quite true. I can fix this a few hours from now.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018, 11:58 AM Marco Atzeri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6/18/2018 8:41 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> > On 6/17/2018 9:52 PM, mark mitchell wrote:
> >> Hi Marco,
> >> I used cygport. The cygport file was in the directory you listed as a
> >> hidden file. I have renamed that file to make it visible and uploaded
> the
> >> new version as v10.7.3. It is available at
> >>
> >>
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5_zuEeNEicQY1U0dFRYWTZqblU?ths=true
> >>
> >>
> >
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > I think some build step or link is missing.
> >
>
> I think here there is an issue:
>
>     LOG4CPP_HOME=../../../log4cpp_null
>
> may be you mean
>
>     LOG4CPP_HOME=${S}/dev/cygport/log4cpp_null  ?
>
> This one is also a potential problem
>
>    S=../engauge.pro
>
> as ${S} is the source directory after the patches
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] engauge 10.7.2

marco atzeri-4
On 6/18/2018 9:22 PM, mark mitchell wrote:
> Yes, quite true. I can fix this a few hours from now.

no problem, Mark.

PS: on cygwin mailing list we use bottom post and trim



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] engauge 10.7.2

mark mitchell-2
Version 10.7.6 at
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B5_zuEeNEicQY1U0dFRYWTZqblU
should have the suggested changes. I'd be glad to fix any other issues.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 12:52 PM, Marco Atzeri <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 6/18/2018 9:22 PM, mark mitchell wrote:
>
>> Yes, quite true. I can fix this a few hours from now.
>>
>
> no problem, Mark.
>
> PS: on cygwin mailing list we use bottom post and trim
>
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] engauge 10.7.2

marco atzeri-4
On 6/19/2018 6:23 AM, mark mitchell wrote:
> Version 10.7.6 at
> https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B5_zuEeNEicQY1U0dFRYWTZqblU
> should have the suggested changes. I'd be glad to fix any other issues.
>

Mark,
attached modified version to solve some minor issues
and to use a standard 10.7.6 version.

The remaining issue is that help/documentation should not be under
/usr/bin/documentation

$ cygport engauge.cygport list
/usr/bin/documentation/engauge.qch
/usr/bin/documentation/engauge.qhc
/usr/bin/engauge.exe
/usr/share/doc/engauge/LICENSE
/usr/share/doc/engauge/README.md


I suggest
/usr/share/doc/engauge/engauge.qch
/usr/share/doc/engauge/engauge.qhc

or
/usr/share/engauge/engauge.qch
/usr/share/engauge/engauge.qhc

I assume you need to set some variable
to allow the binary find them in the new place

Regards
Marco

engauge.cygport (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] engauge 10.7.2

mark mitchell-2
I have moved the help documentation files, and also incorporated your
suggestions for the cygport file. The corrected versions are at
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B5_zuEeNEicQY1U0dFRYWTZqblU.
Thanks!

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 5:49 AM, Marco Atzeri <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 6/19/2018 6:23 AM, mark mitchell wrote:
>
>> Version 10.7.6 at
>> https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B5_zuEeNEicQY1U0dFRYWTZqblU
>> should have the suggested changes. I'd be glad to fix any other issues.
>>
>>
> Mark,
> attached modified version to solve some minor issues
> and to use a standard 10.7.6 version.
>
> The remaining issue is that help/documentation should not be under
> /usr/bin/documentation
>
> $ cygport engauge.cygport list
> /usr/bin/documentation/engauge.qch
> /usr/bin/documentation/engauge.qhc
> /usr/bin/engauge.exe
> /usr/share/doc/engauge/LICENSE
> /usr/share/doc/engauge/README.md
>
>
> I suggest
> /usr/share/doc/engauge/engauge.qch
> /usr/share/doc/engauge/engauge.qhc
>
> or
> /usr/share/engauge/engauge.qch
> /usr/share/engauge/engauge.qhc
>
> I assume you need to set some variable
> to allow the binary find them in the new place
>
> Regards
> Marco
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ITP] engauge 10.7.2

Corinna Vinschen-2
Hi Mark,

On Jun 21 00:20, mark mitchell wrote:

> I have moved the help documentation files, and also incorporated your
> suggestions for the cygport file. The corrected versions are at
> https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B5_zuEeNEicQY1U0dFRYWTZqblU.
> Thanks!
>
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 5:49 AM, Marco Atzeri <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > On 6/19/2018 6:23 AM, mark mitchell wrote:
> >
> >> Version 10.7.6 at
> >> https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B5_zuEeNEicQY1U0dFRYWTZqblU
> >> should have the suggested changes. I'd be glad to fix any other issues.
> >>
> >>
> > Mark,
> > attached modified version to solve some minor issues
> > and to use a standard 10.7.6 version.
> >[...]
you only uploaded a 64 bit version of your engauge package.  Can you
please upload the missing 32 bit package, too?


Thanks,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer                 cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment