ITP: dmalloc-5.4.2 [reissued]

Pierre A. Humblet-2
dmalloc is a malloc debugger, see http://dmalloc.com

It is a debian package:
  http://packages.debian.org/stable/libs/libdmalloc4

The files are in
http://mysite.verizon.net/phumblet/dmalloc-5.4.2-1/dmalloc-5.4.2-1-src.tar.bz2
http://mysite.verizon.net/phumblet/dmalloc-5.4.2-1/dmalloc-5.4.2-1.tar.bz2
http://mysite.verizon.net/phumblet/dmalloc-5.4.2-1/setup.hint

sdesc: "A malloc debugger."
ldesc: "Drop in replacement for the system's `malloc', `realloc', `calloc',
`free' and other memory
management routines while providing powerful debugging facilities
configurable at runtime.
These facilities include such things as memory-leak tracking, fence-post
write detection,
file/line number reporting, and general logging of statistics."
category: Devel
requires: Cygwin
test: 5.4.2-1

It is a test package because it currently requires a Cygwin snapshot
to configure and work properly.

Pierre

Re: ITP: dmalloc-5.4.2 [reissued]

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Jun 13 15:12, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:

> dmalloc is a malloc debugger, see http://dmalloc.com
>
> It is a debian package:
>  http://packages.debian.org/stable/libs/libdmalloc4
>
> The files are in
> http://mysite.verizon.net/phumblet/dmalloc-5.4.2-1/dmalloc-5.4.2-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://mysite.verizon.net/phumblet/dmalloc-5.4.2-1/dmalloc-5.4.2-1.tar.bz2
> http://mysite.verizon.net/phumblet/dmalloc-5.4.2-1/setup.hint
>
> sdesc: "A malloc debugger."
> ldesc: "Drop in replacement for the system's `malloc', `realloc', `calloc',
> `free' and other memory
> management routines while providing powerful debugging facilities
> configurable at runtime.
> These facilities include such things as memory-leak tracking, fence-post
> write detection,
> file/line number reporting, and general logging of statistics."
> category: Devel
> requires: Cygwin
> test: 5.4.2-1
>
> It is a test package because it currently requires a Cygwin snapshot
> to configure and work properly.

The packaging looks good to me.  But I have a question.  Is there a
reason that you didn't build dmalloc as shared library as on Debian?
Would that not work on Windows/Cygwin for some reason or are you
planning to do that at some later point?

Re: ITP: dmalloc-5.4.2 [reissued]

Pierre A. Humblet-2

Sorry for the delay, currently on vacation :)

Building as a shared library seems to require changes to the configure scripts,
but it's surely doable.
However it's not clear to me what the advantages would be.
dmalloc is typically only used during the development process of a specific
program, so that there would be little reuse of the dll.
At any rate I can do it in the next (non-test) version if requested.

Pierre

Re: ITP: dmalloc-5.4.2 [reissued]

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Jun 27 08:04, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:

> [...]

Fine with me.  I've uploaded the package now.