[ITP] Numeric-24.2

Yaakov (Cygwin/X)

[GTG] Re: [ITP] Numeric-24.2

Dr. Volker Zell

    > Python Numeric is used by many other Python modules, including pygtk,
    > and is included with every major Linux distribution.

    > Once approved, AFAIK this should be uploaded under /release/python/.

    > ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/python/Numeric/Numeric-24.2-1-src.tar.bz2
    > ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/python/Numeric/Numeric-24.2-1.tar.bz2
    > ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/python/Numeric/setup.hint

    > category: Python
    > requires: cygwin python
    > sdesc: "Numeric Python module"
    > ldesc: "Numerical Python adds a fast, compact, multidimensional array
    > language facility to Python."

Builds fine from source and packaging looks good. GTG

    > Yaakov

Ciao
  Volker

Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] Numeric-24.2

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Jan 12 17:54, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>     > Python Numeric is used by many other Python modules, including pygtk,
>     > and is included with every major Linux distribution.
>
>     > Once approved, AFAIK this should be uploaded under /release/python/.
>
>     > ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/python/Numeric/Numeric-24.2-1-src.tar.bz2
>     > ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/python/Numeric/Numeric-24.2-1.tar.bz2
>     > ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/python/Numeric/setup.hint
>
>     > category: Python
>     > requires: cygwin python
>     > sdesc: "Numeric Python module"
>     > ldesc: "Numerical Python adds a fast, compact, multidimensional array
>     > language facility to Python."
>
> Builds fine from source and packaging looks good. GTG

Not GTG.  The category is wrong.

Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] Numeric-24.2

Eric Blake (cygwin)

Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] Numeric-24.2

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Jan 13 07:22, Eric Blake wrote:
> According to Corinna Vinschen on 1/13/2006 4:08 AM:
> >>    > category: Python
> >
> > Not GTG.  The category is wrong.
>
> Is it time for cygwin to add categories for Python and Perl?  After all,
> http://cygwin.com/setup.html recommends checking with this list before
> inventing new categories.

I'm not exactly against these categories, but I'm not sure it's already
worth to consider yet another categories for these groups of packages.
It might become interesting if the number of perl/python "sub"packages
grow in number.  How many of these packages do we have per these
languages right now?  AFAICS, 3 for perl and 2 for Python.

Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] Numeric-24.2

Yaakov (Cygwin/X)

Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] Numeric-24.2

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Jan 16 14:58, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > I'm not exactly against these categories, but I'm not sure it's already
> > worth to consider yet another categories for these groups of packages.
> > It might become interesting if the number of perl/python "sub"packages
> > grow in number.  How many of these packages do we have per these
> > languages right now?  AFAICS, 3 for perl and 2 for Python.
>
> That's for right now.  But look at most linux distributions, and you'll
> see that they include a large number of such packages, warranting their
> own category.  My Cygwin Ports repository currently contains 90+ Perl
> modules and ~40 Python modules, and while there's not reason for all of
> them to be in a distribution, I think many are eventual candidates.
>
> In the short term, I would like to contribute the GNOME Perl and Python
> bindings and the PyQt bindings.  This would make for a total of ~15 Perl
> and 10+ Python modules.
>
> So based on that potential, I would like to see these categories added
> now, particularly as they are already Debian categories.

I agree, under these circumstance the Perl and Python groups seem to make
more sense.  Any other opinion on this?

However, this means we have to shuffle the groups in existing setup.hint
files a bit, isn't it?  The following packages would have to be added
to the Perl group:

  perl
  perl-libwin32
  perl-tk
  perl-win32-gui
  perl_manpages

and the following packages to the Python group:

  python
  subversion-python
  libxml2-python

Did I forget a package?

Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] Numeric-24.2

Yaakov (Cygwin/X)

Re: [ITP] Numeric-24.2

On Jan 11 20:14, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/python/Numeric/Numeric-24.2-1-src.tar.bz2
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/python/Numeric/Numeric-24.2-1.tar.bz2
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/python/Numeric/setup.hint

Uploaded.

Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] Numeric-24.2

On Jan 17 14:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I agree, under these circumstance the Perl and Python groups seem to make
> more sense.  Any other opinion on this?

Apparently not.

> However, this means we have to shuffle the groups in existing setup.hint
> files a bit, isn't it?  The following packages would have to be added
> to the Perl group:
>
>   perl
>   perl-libwin32
>   perl-tk
>   perl-win32-gui
>   perl_manpages

I forgot one package:

    subversion-perl

> and the following packages to the Python group:
>
>   python
>   subversion-python
>   libxml2-python

I have added the "Perl" and "Python" categories to the above packages
now.  Dear maintainers (Gerrit, Jason, Max, Reini and Yaakov), please
add the Perl resp. Python categorie to your local copy of the setup.hint
file.

Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] Numeric-24.2

Jason Tishler
Corinna,

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 11:18:23AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Jan 17 14:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > and the following packages to the Python group:
> >
> >   python
> >   subversion-python
> >   libxml2-python
>
> I have added the "Perl" and "Python" categories to the above packages
> now.  Dear maintainers (Gerrit, Jason, Max, Reini and Yaakov), please
> add the Perl resp. Python categorie to your local copy of the
> setup.hint file.

Done.

Jason

--
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6