[ITA] zziplib

cygwin-apps mailing list
cygport file attached.  I bumped the version to 0.13.71, the latest upstream
release.  I also made the following changes to Yaakov's cygport file, in
addition to a couple of trivial ones:

1. I removed the configure argument --disable-builddir, which is no longer
needed or supported.

2. I primed the cache so that configure would think I didn't have xmlto
installed.  The latter failed to produce man files, for reasons I didn't try to
figure out.

Ken

zziplib.cygport (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [ITA] zziplib

Yaakov Selkowitz
On Wed, 2020-05-13 at 14:44 -0400, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> cygport file attached.  I bumped the version to 0.13.71, the latest upstream
> release.  I also made the following changes to Yaakov's cygport file, in
> addition to a couple of trivial ones:
>
> 1. I removed the configure argument --disable-builddir, which is no longer
> needed or supported.

The macro that required that is commented out in configure.ac, so
that's fine.

> 2. I primed the cache so that configure would think I didn't have xmlto
> installed.  The latter failed to produce man files, for reasons I didn't try to
> figure out.

They build on my system with xmlto 0.0.26, so it's probably a matter of
a missing dependency.  Do you have all the docbook-* packages
installed?  What error message is shown?

Re: [ITA] zziplib

Brian Inglis
On 2020-05-13 21:10, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

> On Wed, 2020-05-13 at 14:44 -0400, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> cygport file attached.  I bumped the version to 0.13.71, the latest upstream
>> release.  I also made the following changes to Yaakov's cygport file, in
>> addition to a couple of trivial ones:
>>
>> 1. I removed the configure argument --disable-builddir, which is no longer
>> needed or supported.
>
> The macro that required that is commented out in configure.ac, so
> that's fine.
>
>> 2. I primed the cache so that configure would think I didn't have xmlto
>> installed.  The latter failed to produce man files, for reasons I didn't try to
>> figure out.
>
> They build on my system with xmlto 0.0.26, so it's probably a matter of
> a missing dependency.  Do you have all the docbook-* packages
> installed?  What error message is shown?

It may be one of the following I have manually installed for some reason:

docbook-utils 0.6.14-2 Converts DocBook to other formats
docbook-xml45 4.5-1
docbook2X 0.8.8-1 Converts DocBook to man and Texinfo formats

probably the first -utils or last 2X as they appear in a cygport DEPEND list.

[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]

Re: [ITA] zziplib

cygwin-apps mailing list
Am 13.05.2020 um 20:44 schrieb Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps:

> cygport file attached.  I bumped the version to 0.13.71, the latest
> upstream release.  I also made the following changes to Yaakov's cygport
> file, in addition to a couple of trivial ones:
>
> 1. I removed the configure argument --disable-builddir, which is no
> longer needed or supported.
>
> 2. I primed the cache so that configure would think I didn't have xmlto
> installed.  The latter failed to produce man files, for reasons I didn't
> try to figure out.
>
> Ken

changed maintainer

Re: [ITA] zziplib

cygwin-apps mailing list
On 5/13/2020 11:10 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Wed, 2020-05-13 at 14:44 -0400, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> 2. I primed the cache so that configure would think I didn't have xmlto
>> installed.  The latter failed to produce man files, for reasons I didn't try to
>> figure out.
>
> They build on my system with xmlto 0.0.26, so it's probably a matter of
> a missing dependency.  Do you have all the docbook-* packages
> installed?  What error message is shown?

The error message was

I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd

Installing docbook-xml412 fixed it (Duh!).

Thanks.

Ken