[ITA] python2-wx and related packages for wxPython and wxwidgets

[ITA] python2-wx and related packages for wxPython and wxwidgets

cygwin-apps mailing list
Hi all,

I've gotten a more stable build of wxPython 3.0.2 and wxWidgets 3.0.4 to
build now. wxPython is now also built against the version of wxWidgets
that is installed on the system, avoiding ABI mismatch warnings and
strange behaviour/freezes hat I was experiencing before.

The test packages can be downloaded from
https://hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/.

I say "various other packages", because building wxPython also builds
the following packages:

libwx_baseu3.0_0, libwx_gtk3u3.0-devel,  python-wxversion,
libwx_baseu3.0-devel,  python2-wx, libwx_gtk2u3.0_0, python2-wxversion,
libwx_gtk2u3.0-devel,  python-wx3.0, wxWidgets3.0-debuginfo,
libwx_gtk3u3.0_0, python-wx-tools

The build process is a bit strange because wxPython 3.0.2 ships with
wxWidgets 3.0.2 instead of the system version (3.0.4), so my build
script downloads and re-patches the wxWidgets source before proceeding
with the build. As a result of using wxWidgets 3.0.4 instead of 3.0.2,
many patches are no longer needed as they were included upstream.
Removed patches and the reason for removal are listed at the end of this
email. I've probably got some of this wrong, but it does seem to work
well at least :)

I eagerly await feedback - I'm sure there's some stuff I could improve
in this packaging, and I'm excited to soon be maintaining some Cygwin
packages.

Patches removed and the reasons why:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-abicheck.patch
- No longer needed as we're now using the same ABI for runtime and build
versions.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-upstreamfixes.patch
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-getbestsize.patch
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-media-docs.patch?h=f25
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-size-alloc-fix.patch
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-font-enumerator-stop.patch
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-init-from-font.patch:
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-gtk-show-uri1.patch
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-draw-elliptic-arc-crash.patch
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-fix-percent-dnd2.patch
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-scrolwin-sizing-loop.patch
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-background-color.patch?h=f25
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-paint-clipping-region.patch?h=f25
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-wxpgchoicesdata-protected-destructor.patch?h=f25
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-check-radio-button-rendering.patch?h=f25
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-blank-menubar-toolbar.patch?h=f25
- No longer needed in new wxwidgets source - already applied.

The few remaining wxGTK* patches:
- No longer apply without error and don't seem to be needed with the
newer wxwidgets version.

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty

0x87B761FE07F548D6.asc (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [ITA] python2-wx and related packages for wxPython and wxwidgets

Yaakov Selkowitz
On Thu, 2020-04-23 at 15:02 +0100, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote:
> I've gotten a more stable build of wxPython 3.0.2 and wxWidgets 3.0.4 to
> build now. wxPython is now also built against the version of wxWidgets
> that is installed on the system, avoiding ABI mismatch warnings and
> strange behaviour/freezes hat I was experiencing before.

I'm going to recommend nacking this in its current form.

> The test packages can be downloaded from
> https://hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/.
>
> I say "various other packages", because building wxPython also builds
> the following packages:
>
> libwx_baseu3.0_0, libwx_gtk3u3.0-devel,  python-wxversion,
> libwx_baseu3.0-devel,  python2-wx, libwx_gtk2u3.0_0, python2-wxversion,
> libwx_gtk2u3.0-devel,  python-wx3.0, wxWidgets3.0-debuginfo,
> libwx_gtk3u3.0_0, python-wx-tools
>
> The build process is a bit strange because wxPython 3.0.2 ships with
> wxWidgets 3.0.2 instead of the system version (3.0.4), so my build
> script downloads and re-patches the wxWidgets source before proceeding
> with the build. As a result of using wxWidgets 3.0.4 instead of 3.0.2,
> many patches are no longer needed as they were included upstream.
> Removed patches and the reason for removal are listed at the end of this
> email. I've probably got some of this wrong, but it does seem to work
> well at least :)

I do not recommend building both the C++ libraries and Python bindings
from the same source package, for several reasons:

* Python bindings need to be updated/rebuilt with each new version of
Python, which occurs much more frequently than updated versions of
wxWidgets.  Keeping them separate minimizes the rebuild times.

* wxPython and wxWidgets versions don't always match, as you mentioned
above.  Building them separately avoids jumping through those sort of
hoops.

* wxPython 3 is obsolete anyway, with current support only for version
4 (which is still for wxWidgets 3), so this scheme won't carry forward
anyway.

Since the standalone wxWidgets3.0 package is already at 3.0.4, all you
may want to do is revbump and rebuild python-wx.

> Patches removed and the reasons why:
>
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/wxGTK3.git/plain/wxGTK3-3.0.2-abicheck.patch
> - No longer needed as we're now using the same ABI for runtime and build
> versions.

Do NOT drop this patch.  You might be aligned now, but as soon as
gcc/libstdc++ get updated, the mismatch will reoccur, and programs will
unnecessarily fail again.

[snip]
> The few remaining wxGTK* patches:
> - No longer apply without error and don't seem to be needed with the
> newer wxwidgets version.

Patches were added for a reason; if you don't understand what they do
and why they're there, then you should be asking why rather than
dismissing them.  In the case of Gentoo's collision patch, this is
needed to support parallel installations of X.Y versions of wxWidgets.
The updated patch is named wxGTK-3.0.5-collision.patch.

On Thu, 2020-04-23 at 16:16 +0100, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback. I wasn't expecting this to be accepted, it's
> only my first try after all :)

Please keep all discussion on list.

> > I do not recommend building both the C++ libraries and Python bindings
> > from the same source package, for several reasons:
> >
> > * Python bindings need to be updated/rebuilt with each new version of
> > Python, which occurs much more frequently than updated versions of
> > wxWidgets.  Keeping them separate minimizes the rebuild times.
> >
> > * wxPython and wxWidgets versions don't always match, as you mentioned
> > above.  Building them separately avoids jumping through those sort of
> > hoops.
> >
> > * wxPython 3 is obsolete anyway, with current support only for version
> > 4 (which is still for wxWidgets 3), so this scheme won't carry forward
> > anyway.
> >
> > Since the standalone wxWidgets3.0 package is already at 3.0.4, all you
> > may want to do is revbump and rebuild python-wx.
>
> This is fair enough. However, I was unable to build wxPython against the
> already-installed system version of wxWidgets, as that isn't how it was
> intended to be compiled, and it would require large changes to the
> pre-existing packaging.

Most of that has already been figured out in our python-wx package.
Looking at Fedora, it looks like we just need to add their wxPython-
3.0.2.0-suppress-version-mismatch-warning.patch and wxPython-3.0.2.0-
fix-wxcairo.patch and we'll be in sync.

> How about I instead ignore the wxwidgets packages built this way? This
> will result in long build times as per the pre-existing packaging, but
> there will probably not be much need to re-build this.

No, that's just bound to cause problems.

> > Do NOT drop this patch.  You might be aligned now, but as soon as
> > gcc/libstdc++ get updated, the mismatch will reoccur, and programs will
> > unnecessarily fail again.
> Okay, I shall re-instate it and re-build.
> > > The few remaining wxGTK* patches:
> > > - No longer apply without error and don't seem to be needed with the
> > > newer wxwidgets version.
> > Patches were added for a reason; if you don't understand what they do
> > and why they're there, then you should be asking why rather than
> > dismissing them.  In the case of Gentoo's collision patch, this is
> > needed to support parallel installations of X.Y versions of wxWidgets.
> > The updated patch is named wxGTK-3.0.5-collision.patch.
> >
> Good to know, I will attempt to find updated patches. Is there an online
> repository where they are held? I will go back through the other patches
> which did not apply and attempt to find replacements/ask what they do.

Look forward to the follow up.

BTW, did you have any plans to figure out wxPython4?

On 23/04/2020 17:08, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Please keep all discussion on list.

My apologies, I thought I'd sent the reply to the list.
> Most of that has already been figured out in our python-wx package.
> Looking at Fedora, it looks like we just need to add their wxPython-
> 3.0.2.0-suppress-version-mismatch-warning.patch and wxPython-3.0.2.0-
> fix-wxcairo.patch and we'll be in sync.

Okay, I'll add those patches. I think I've gotten confused somehow,
because my cygport and files are based on the source package for
python-wx at
http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/x86_64/release/python-wx/,
but the cygport in that archive also builds all of the other packages,
and doesn't use the system wxWidgets headers, hence me hacking in the
wxWidgets 3.0.4 files and having to build everything together.

wxPython 3.0.2 itself is shipped with wxWidgets 3.0.2 in the tarball
from wxpython.org, and seems to insist upon building its own copy of
wxwidgets.

> No, that's just bound to cause problems.

This is confusing me because it seems to be what the existing packages do.
> Look forward to the follow up.
>
> BTW, did you have any plans to figure out wxPython4?

Good to hear. I do, I just haven't had the time yet and I figured it'd
be best to get wxPython 3 in really good shape (and get some practice
with packaging!) before sorting that one out.

Hamish

On Thu, 2020-04-23 at 18:09 +0100, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote:

> On 23/04/2020 17:08, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > Please keep all discussion on list.
> >
> My apologies, I thought I'd sent the reply to the list.
> > Most of that has already been figured out in our python-wx package.
> > Looking at Fedora, it looks like we just need to add their wxPython-
> > 3.0.2.0-suppress-version-mismatch-warning.patch and wxPython-3.0.2.0-
> > fix-wxcairo.patch and we'll be in sync.
> >
> Okay, I'll add those patches. I think I've gotten confused somehow,
> because my cygport and files are based on the source package for
> python-wx at
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/x86_64/release/python-wx/,
> but the cygport in that archive also builds all of the other packages,
> and doesn't use the system wxWidgets headers, hence me hacking in the
> wxWidgets 3.0.4 files and having to build everything together.

The work to split them out is already published:

https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/wxWidgets3.0.git
https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/python-wx.git

I suppose I just never needed to actually rebuild python-wx after that,
but the work was done in preparation.

> wxPython 3.0.2 itself is shipped with wxWidgets 3.0.2 in the tarball
> from wxpython.org, and seems to insist upon building its own copy of
> wxwidgets.

Maybe by default, but it is buildable without.

> > No, that's just bound to cause problems.
> >
> This is confusing me because it seems to be what the existing packages do.

That's what they *used* to do.  I moved away from that for the reasons
outlined.

> > Look forward to the follow up.
> >
> > BTW, did you have any plans to figure out wxPython4?
>
> Good to hear. I do, I just haven't had the time yet and I figured it'd
> be best to get wxPython 3 in really good shape (and get some practice
> with packaging!) before sorting that one out.

Fair enough.  python-sip will need to be updated for that as well,
which requires also updating python-pyqt5* in sync therewith, so this
will need to be coordinated.

On 23/04/2020 19:52, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> The work to split them out is already published:
> https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/wxWidgets3.0.git
> https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/python-wx.git
>
> I suppose I just never needed to actually rebuild python-wx after that,
> but the work was done in preparation.
Makes sense.
> Fair enough.  python-sip will need to be updated for that as well,
> which requires also updating python-pyqt5* in sync therewith, so this
> will need to be coordinated.

Okay, good to know. I did manage to get it to compile eventually, but I
had an issue where it would say "dlopen: no such process" when trying to
import the module. Perhaps using an older version of SIP is responsible
for that.

I have re-build the packages using your new cygport as the starting
point, and it seems to work really well. I made some minor modifications
to include the license files and the new patches from Fedora. The new
files are available at https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/ and I
have removed the previous attempt's files.

Seeing as I have no need to rebuild wxWidgets, I guess that can stay
under your maintainership until an update is needed. I'm happy to pick
it up when needed though, especially with the split packaging making
things easier.

Hamish

0x87B761FE07F548D6.asc (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [ITA] python2-wx and related packages for wxPython and wxwidgets

cygwin-apps mailing list
Just bumping in case interested people haven't seen - I've been having
issues with email lately so it may not have sent.

Not intending to pester anyone though - I know you're all busy,
especially in these strange times.

Hamish

On 24/04/2020 12:24, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:

> On 23/04/2020 19:52, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> The work to split them out is already published:
>> https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/wxWidgets3.0.git
>> https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/python-wx.git
>>
>> I suppose I just never needed to actually rebuild python-wx after that,
>> but the work was done in preparation.
> Makes sense.
>> Fair enough.  python-sip will need to be updated for that as well,
>> which requires also updating python-pyqt5* in sync therewith, so this
>> will need to be coordinated.
> Okay, good to know. I did manage to get it to compile eventually, but I
> had an issue where it would say "dlopen: no such process" when trying to
> import the module. Perhaps using an older version of SIP is responsible
> for that.
>
> I have re-build the packages using your new cygport as the starting
> point, and it seems to work really well. I made some minor modifications
> to include the license files and the new patches from Fedora. The new
> files are available at https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/ and I
> have removed the previous attempt's files.
>
> Seeing as I have no need to rebuild wxWidgets, I guess that can stay
> under your maintainership until an update is needed. I'm happy to pick
> it up when needed though, especially with the split packaging making
> things easier.
>
> Hamish

0x87B761FE07F548D6.asc (3K) Download Attachment

[ITA from Yaakov] python-wx

cygwin-apps mailing list
Apologies for bumping this again, I'm just waiting for this to be done
before I start on wxPython 4, which is blocking progress for me doing
other things. If you're not interested in this fix, just let me know
and I'll move on to wxPython 4.

I have re-built the packages using your new cygport as the starting
point, and it seems to work really well. I made some minor modifications
to include the license files and the new patches from Fedora. The new
files are available at https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/ and I
have removed the previous attempt's files.

Seeing as I have no need to rebuild wxWidgets, I guess that can stay
under your maintainership until an update is needed, at which point
I'll be happy to pick it up.

Hamish

Am 23.04.2020 um 20:52 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
> On Thu, 2020-04-23 at 18:09 +0100, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote:
>> On 23/04/2020 17:08, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> Please keep all discussion on list.
>>>

> Fair enough.  python-sip will need to be updated for that as well,
> which requires also updating python-pyqt5* in sync therewith, so this
> will need to be coordinated.
>
> --
> Yaakov

sorry for missing this point

I will look at both.

Re: [ITA from Yaakov] python-wx

cygwin-apps mailing list
Am 14.05.2020 um 12:02 schrieb Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps:

> Apologies for bumping this again, I'm just waiting for this to be done
> before I start on wxPython 4, which is blocking progress for me doing
> other things. If you're not interested in this fix, just let me know
> and I'll move on to wxPython 4.
>
> I have re-built the packages using your new cygport as the starting
> point, and it seems to work really well. I made some minor modifications
> to include the license files and the new patches from Fedora. The new
> files are available at https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/ and I
> have removed the previous attempt's files.
>
> Seeing as I have no need to rebuild wxWidgets, I guess that can stay
> under your maintainership until an update is needed, at which point
> I'll be happy to pick it up.
>
> Hamish

question: do you take both or only wxWidgets3.0  ?

python-wx                                    Yaakov Selkowitz
wxWidgets3.0                                 Yaakov Selkowitz

Re: [ITA from Yaakov] python-wx

cygwin-apps mailing list
Am 14.05.2020 um 18:51 schrieb Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty:

> On 14/05/2020 16:41, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> question: do you take both or only wxWidgets3.0  ?
>>
>> python-wx                                    Yaakov Selkowitz
>> wxWidgets3.0                                 Yaakov Selkowitz
>>
>> Regards
>> Marco
>

> I think I'd take only python-wx until wxWidgets3.0 needs a rebuild -
> currently wxWidgets3.0 doesn't seem to have any problems. I could have a
> look and see if Fedora has any new patches for it, but AFAIK it's
> working fine so perhaps just best left alone.
>
> Hamish

python-wx is your.

please provide your SSH Key as mentioned

https://cygwin.com/packaging/key.html#sshkey

Re: [ITA from Yaakov] python-wx

Yaakov Selkowitz
On Thu, 2020-05-14 at 11:02 +0100, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote:

> Apologies for bumping this again, I'm just waiting for this to be done
> before I start on wxPython 4, which is blocking progress for me doing
> other things. If you're not interested in this fix, just let me know
> and I'll move on to wxPython 4.
>
> I have re-built the packages using your new cygport as the starting
> point, and it seems to work really well. I made some minor modifications
> to include the license files and the new patches from Fedora. The new
> files are available at https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/ and I
> have removed the previous attempt's files.

This looks fine.

> Seeing as I have no need to rebuild wxWidgets, I guess that can stay
> under your maintainership until an update is needed, at which point
> I'll be happy to pick it up.

Let's discuss it then.

Re: [ITA from Yaakov] python-wx

cygwin-apps mailing list
On 15/05/2020 00:47, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> This looks fine.
I'm glad. What do I do next? Do I need to upload and mark as a testing
package or similar?
>> Seeing as I have no need to rebuild wxWidgets, I guess that can stay
>> under your maintainership until an update is needed, at which point
>> I'll be happy to pick it up.
> Let's discuss it then.
>
> --
> Yaakov

If you don't want maintainership of it I'm happy to take it, but I won't
push an update until we need one.

The new version of wxPython needs wxWidgets 3.1.x, so I'll probably be
packaging that soonish anyway, but I'll work on wxPython 4.0.7 first
because it's closer to what's already present in Cygwin.

Hamish

On 15/05/2020 09:10, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:

> On 15/05/2020 00:47, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> This looks fine.
> I'm glad. What do I do next? Do I need to upload and mark as a testing
> package or similar?
>>> Seeing as I have no need to rebuild wxWidgets, I guess that can stay
>>> under your maintainership until an update is needed, at which point
>>> I'll be happy to pick it up.
>> Let's discuss it then.
>>
>> --
>> Yaakov
>>
> If you don't want maintainership of it I'm happy to take it, but I won't
> push an update until we need one.
>
> The new version of wxPython needs wxWidgets 3.1.x, so I'll probably be
> packaging that soonish anyway, but I'll work on wxPython 4.0.7 first
> because it's closer to what's already present in Cygwin.
>
> Hamish

NB: Tested the SSH key and it seems to be working just fine.

Should I upload this as a testing package or go straight for a normal
package? I'm not sure how announcements work for testing packages.

Hamish

On 17.05.2020 21:37, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:

> On 15/05/2020 09:10, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> On 15/05/2020 00:47, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> This looks fine.
>> I'm glad. What do I do next? Do I need to upload and mark as a testing
>> package or similar?
>>> Let's discuss it then.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Yaakov
>>>
>> If you don't want maintainership of it I'm happy to take it, but I won't
>> push an update until we need one.
>>
>> The new version of wxPython needs wxWidgets 3.1.x, so I'll probably be
>> packaging that soonish anyway, but I'll work on wxPython 4.0.7 first
>> because it's closer to what's already present in Cygwin.
>>
>> Hamish
>>
> NB: Tested the SSH key and it seems to be working just fine.
>
> Should I upload this as a testing package or go straight for a normal
> package? I'm not sure how announcements work for testing packages.
>
> Hamish

same as normal Announce, just use the tag "Test"

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin-announce/2020-April/009511.html

Re: [ITA from Yaakov] python-wx

cygwin-apps mailing list
On 17/05/2020 20:49, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:

> On 17.05.2020 21:37, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> NB: Tested the SSH key and it seems to be working just fine.
>>
>> Should I upload this as a testing package or go straight for a normal
>> package? I'm not sure how announcements work for testing packages.
>>
>> Hamish
>>

> same as normal Announce, just use the tag "Test"
>
> https://sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin-announce/2020-April/009511.html
Apologies Marco - accidentally send only to you at first.

Okay, all done, but I don't think my announcement has made it through.

I'm not sure how long it takes, but it doesn't seem to be in the
archives yet.

Hamish

0x87B761FE07F548D6.asc (3K) Download Attachment
0x87B761FE07F548D6.asc (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [ITA from Yaakov] python-wx

Jon TURNEY
On 25/05/2020 13:45, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:

> On 17/05/2020 20:49, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> On 17.05.2020 21:37, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> NB: Tested the SSH key and it seems to be working just fine.
>>>
>>> Should I upload this as a testing package or go straight for a normal
>>> package? I'm not sure how announcements work for testing packages.
>>>
>>> Hamish
>>>

>> same as normal Announce, just use the tag "Test"
>>
>> https://sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin-announce/2020-April/009511.html
>
> Apologies Marco - accidentally send only to you at first.
>
> Okay, all done, but I don't think my announcement has made it through.
>

> I'm not sure how long it takes, but it doesn't seem to be in the
> archives yet.

Unfortunately, the announce list is moderated by humans, not robots.

Re: [ITA from Yaakov] python-wx

cygwin-apps mailing list

On 25/05/2020 14:28, Jon Turney wrote:

> On 25/05/2020 13:45, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:

>>> same as normal Announce, just use the tag "Test"
>>>
>>> https://sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin-announce/2020-April/009511.html
>>
>> Apologies Marco - accidentally send only to you at first.
>>
>> Okay, all done, but I don't think my announcement has made it through.
>>

>> I'm not sure how long it takes, but it doesn't seem to be in the
>> archives yet.
>
> Unfortunately, the announce list is moderated by humans, not robots.
Okay, good to know :)

0x87B761FE07F548D6.asc (3K) Download Attachment