[ITA] popt-1.18-1

cygwin-apps mailing list
Hi!

ITA for popt, which has been maintained by Yaakov [1].

Now, the latest upstream of popt is 1.8 [2].

A new candidate cygport file is placed at [3].
And, it's been tested on Cygwin AppVeyor CI (ID 1560: [4]).

Generated package files are placed at [5] and [6]:

[1]: https://cygwin.com/git/?p=git/cygwin-packages/popt.git
[2]: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/popt
[3]: https://github.com/cygwin-lem/popt-cygport/tree/n_1.18-1
[4]: https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?id=1560
  or https://ci.appveyor.com/project/cygwin/scallywag/builds/37059271
[5]: https://cygwin-lem.github.io/popt-cygport/
[6]: https://github.com/cygwin-lem/popt-cygport/tree/n_1.18-1_gh-pages

# An ignorable warning brought by autoreconf-2.69:

```
autoreconf-2.69: configure.ac: tracing
Use of uninitialized value $args[0] in split at /usr/bin/autoreconf-2.69 line 493, <GEN2> line 8.
```

It will disappear when using autoconf v2.69d or later,
fixed at the commit
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/autoconf.git/commit/?id=b0d20c049bda80a9d323326ae5ea3fd5e4857712

# 1.18-testit.patch:

In the upstream CI, the original `testit.sh` will pass the tests.
But, on cygwin `src_test()` will get some failures without this patch.

The diffrences are program names printed in usage,
and so they are not critical and would be acceptable.

Regards,

Lem

Re: [ITA] popt-1.18-1

cygwin-apps mailing list
On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 21:57:56 +0900, Lemures Lemniscati

> Hi!
>
> ITA for popt, which has been maintained by Yaakov [1].
>
> Now, the latest upstream of popt is 1.8 [2].
>
> A new candidate cygport file is placed at [3].
> And, it's been tested on Cygwin AppVeyor CI (ID 1560: [4]).
>
> Generated package files are placed at [5] and [6]:
>
> [1]: https://cygwin.com/git/?p=git/cygwin-packages/popt.git
> [2]: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/popt
> [3]: https://github.com/cygwin-lem/popt-cygport/tree/n_1.18-1
> [4]: https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?id=1560
>   or https://ci.appveyor.com/project/cygwin/scallywag/builds/37059271
> [5]: https://cygwin-lem.github.io/popt-cygport/
> [6]: https://github.com/cygwin-lem/popt-cygport/tree/n_1.18-1_gh-pages
>

> # An ignorable warning brought by autoreconf-2.69:
>
> ```
> autoreconf-2.69: configure.ac: tracing
> Use of uninitialized value $args[0] in split at /usr/bin/autoreconf-2.69 line 493, <GEN2> line 8.
> ```
>
> It will disappear when using autoconf v2.69d or later,
> fixed at the commit
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/autoconf.git/commit/?id=b0d20c049bda80a9d323326ae5ea3fd5e4857712
>
> # 1.18-testit.patch:
>
> In the upstream CI, the original `testit.sh` will pass the tests.
> But, on cygwin `src_test()` will get some failures without this patch.
>
> The diffrences are program names printed in usage,
> and so they are not critical and would be acceptable.

Oh, I withdraw it, because just announced is a new test version of
popt-1.18-1.

Regards,

Lem