[ITA] po4a

waterlan
Hi,

I would like to adopt orphaned package po4a.

https://po4a.org/

best regards,

Erwin Waterlander
http://waterlan.home.xs4all.nl/

Re: [ITA] po4a

cygwin-apps mailing list
On 10/13/2020 2:48 AM, Erwin Waterlander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to adopt orphaned package po4a.

Please show us your proposed cygport file and any patches.  Ideally, your
cygport file would have an accurate BUILD_REQUIRES so that anyone can do a test
build.

Re: [ITA] po4a

Erwin Waterlander writes:
> I would like to adopt orphaned package po4a.

When you update the cygport file, please include a REQUIRES for
perl5_030 to ease the transition when Perl next upgrades in a binary
incompatible way.  Thank you for adopting the package!

Re: [ITA] po4a

waterlan
Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps schreef op 2020-10-13 18:34:

> On 10/13/2020 2:48 AM, Erwin Waterlander wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to adopt orphaned package po4a.
>
> Please show us your proposed cygport file and any patches.  Ideally,
> your cygport file would have an accurate BUILD_REQUIRES so that anyone
> can do a test build.
>
> Ken

Hi,

I fixed the BUILD_REQUIRES in the playground branch. po4 0.61 builds,
but fails on test.
I don't know how to fix the test.
The current version 0.52 also fails on test.
I had not much time to look at the tests, or if it works for me (with
failing test).

regards,

---
Erwin

Re: [ITA] po4a

Achim Gratz
Erwin Waterlander writes:
> I fixed the BUILD_REQUIRES in the playground branch. po4 0.61 builds,
> but fails on test.
> I don't know how to fix the test.

At least the failing permissions tests are a result of the test not
expecting ACL to be present.  You should be able to copy the relevant
part of my cygport file for RCS, which has the same problem:

https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/rcs.git;a=blob;f=rcs.cygport

Whether you also need to drop the admin privileges you need to try out.

> The current version 0.52 also fails on test.

As it should.

> I had not much time to look at the tests, or if it works for me (with
> failing test).

WHen you push again to the playground branch you should now be able to
download an archive of the build directory.  That should enable you to
look at the full test logs to see if there is anything that requires
more attention.  For instance the rubydoc test fail looks like a missing
(test) dependency to me.  You don't necessarily need to fix these up
when you can be sure the package otherwise works (which it looks like it
does).

Re: [ITA] po4a

waterlan
Achim Gratz schreef op 2020-11-04 18:20:

> Erwin Waterlander writes:
>> I fixed the BUILD_REQUIRES in the playground branch. po4 0.61 builds,
>> but fails on test.
>> I don't know how to fix the test.
>
> At least the failing permissions tests are a result of the test not
> expecting ACL to be present.  You should be able to copy the relevant
> part of my cygport file for RCS, which has the same problem:
>
> https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/rcs.git;a=blob;f=rcs.cygport
>
> Whether you also need to drop the admin privileges you need to try out.
>
>> The current version 0.52 also fails on test.
>
> As it should.
>
>> I had not much time to look at the tests, or if it works for me (with
>> failing test).
>
> WHen you push again to the playground branch you should now be able to
> download an archive of the build directory.  That should enable you to
> look at the full test logs to see if there is anything that requires
> more attention.  For instance the rubydoc test fail looks like a
> missing
> (test) dependency to me.  You don't necessarily need to fix these up
> when you can be sure the package otherwise works (which it looks like
> it
> does).

I don't see permission problems, or dependency problems.
The sgml test fails, like it did in 0.52, and three new tests fail
partly.
As far as I can see the 0.61 package works. I have uploaded packages.

I'm not able to push the new cygport file to the master branch.

Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 452 bytes | 452.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 3 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
remote: FATAL: W refs/heads/master git/cygwin-packages/po4a
Erwin_Waterlander DENIED by fallthru
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/po4a.git
  ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to

Erwin Waterlander writes:
> I don't see permission problems, or dependency problems.

I do:

chmod: cfg/split/: new permissions are ----w----, not ---------
    # Error during setup:
    #   Command: chmod -r-w-x cfg/*/

The other test fails probably need some package installed that you have
not yet put a BUILD_REQUIRES on.

> I'm not able to push the new cygport file to the master branch.
>
> Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 452 bytes | 452.00 KiB/s, done.
> Total 3 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
> remote: FATAL: W refs/heads/master git/cygwin-packages/po4a
> Erwin_Waterlander DENIED by fallthru
> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
> To ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/po4a.git
>  ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/po4a.git'

Doesn't ring a bell, maybe Jon can tell you what this means.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:

Re: [ITA] po4a

On 2020-11-15 09:28, Erwin Waterlander wrote:

> Achim Gratz schreef op 2020-11-04 18:20:
>> Erwin Waterlander writes:
>>> I fixed the BUILD_REQUIRES in the playground branch. po4 0.61 builds,
>>> but fails on test.
>>> I don't know how to fix the test.
>>
>> At least the failing permissions tests are a result of the test not
>> expecting ACL to be present.  You should be able to copy the relevant
>> part of my cygport file for RCS, which has the same problem:
>>
>> https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/rcs.git;a=blob;f=rcs.cygport
>>

>> Whether you also need to drop the admin privileges you need to try out.
>>
>>> The current version 0.52 also fails on test.
>>
>> As it should.
>>
>>> I had not much time to look at the tests, or if it works for me (with
>>> failing test).
>>
>> WHen you push again to the playground branch you should now be able to
>> download an archive of the build directory.  That should enable you to
>> look at the full test logs to see if there is anything that requires
>> more attention.  For instance the rubydoc test fail looks like a missing
>> (test) dependency to me.  You don't necessarily need to fix these up
>> when you can be sure the package otherwise works (which it looks like it
>> does).
>

> I don't see permission problems, or dependency problems.
> The sgml test fails, like it did in 0.52, and three new tests fail partly.
> As far as I can see the 0.61 package works. I have uploaded packages.
>
> I'm not able to push the new cygport file to the master branch.
>
> Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 452 bytes | 452.00 KiB/s, done.
> Total 3 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
> remote: FATAL: W refs/heads/master git/cygwin-packages/po4a Erwin_Waterlander
> DENIED by fallthru
> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
> To ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/po4a.git
>   ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/po4a.git'

If you haven't already done the adoption git dance - you have to clone
ssh://[hidden email]/git/cygwin-packages/po4a.git somewhere, move the .git
dir under the dir with your ...cygport, change .git/config if required; then
tag, commit, push.

Re: [ITA] po4a

On 2020-10-13 13:03, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Erwin Waterlander writes:
>> I would like to adopt orphaned package po4a.
>
> When you update the cygport file, please include a REQUIRES for
> perl5_030 to ease the transition when Perl next upgrades in a binary
> incompatible way.  Thank you for adopting the package!

I have used the generic perl_base as perl5_030 is a virtual package perl_base
provides using that new keyword, although both names seem to be in
/etc/setup/installed.db.
What are the best approaches for non-perl and perl packages?
I could see perhaps the generic is better for non-perl packages, and the
specific for perl packages?

Re: [ITA] po4a

On 15/11/2020 16:49, ASSI wrote:

> Erwin Waterlander writes:
>> I don't see permission problems, or dependency problems.
>
> I do:

> chmod: cfg/split/: new permissions are ----w----, not ---------
>      # Error during setup:
>      #   Command: chmod -r-w-x cfg/*/
>
> The other test fails probably need some package installed that you have
> not yet put a BUILD_REQUIRES on.
>
>> I'm not able to push the new cygport file to the master branch.
>>
>> Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 452 bytes | 452.00 KiB/s, done.
>> Total 3 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
>> remote: FATAL: W refs/heads/master git/cygwin-packages/po4a
>> Erwin_Waterlander DENIED by fallthru
>> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
>> To ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/po4a.git
>>   ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
>> error: failed to push some refs to
>> 'ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/po4a.git'
>
> Doesn't ring a bell, maybe Jon can tell you what this means.

This push, and your upload, was rejected because you aren't recorded as
the maintainer for po4a.

I've updated cygwin-pkg-maint.

Thanks.

Re: [ITA] po4a

waterlan
Jon Turney schreef op 2020-11-15 18:48:
> This push, and your upload, was rejected because you aren't recorded
> as the maintainer for po4a.
>
> I've updated cygwin-pkg-maint.

Thanks. It works now.

Re: [ITA] po4a

Brian Inglis writes:
> I have used the generic perl_base as perl5_030 is a virtual package

The virtual perl5_030 package is needed for getting the solver picking
the correct package version around a transition to a newer Perl version
(or potentially for downgrading).  Currently cygport is not doing that
automatically (it will use perl_base or perl depending on what modules
your package uses), so you'll have to add the dependency by hand at the
moment each time you have a dependency on Perl.