[ITA] libsigc2.0, [ITP] libsigc3.0

cygwin-apps mailing list
cygport files attached.  I've updated libsigc2.0 to the latest release in the
2.0 series, and I've created libsigc3.0 as a new package, as Fedora does.  Note:
If you want to do a test build of the latter, you'll need to install the updated
mm-common from the previous ITA.

Ken

libsigc2.0.cygport (734 bytes) Download Attachment
libsigc3.0.cygport (733 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [ITA] libsigc2.0, [ITP] libsigc3.0

cygwin-apps mailing list
Am 14.05.2020 um 23:14 schrieb Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps:
> cygport files attached.  I've updated libsigc2.0 to the latest release
> in the 2.0 series, and I've created libsigc3.0 as a new package, as
> Fedora does.  Note: If you want to do a test build of the latter, you'll
> need to install the updated mm-common from the previous ITA.
>
> Ken

changed maintainer and added 3.0

Re: [ITA] libsigc2.0, [ITP] libsigc3.0

Yaakov Selkowitz
On Thu, 2020-05-14 at 17:14 -0400, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> cygport files attached.  I've updated libsigc2.0 to the latest release in the
> 2.0 series, and I've created libsigc3.0 as a new package, as Fedora does.  Note:
> If you want to do a test build of the latter, you'll need to install the updated
> mm-common from the previous ITA.

These look fine.  Just curious, were you planning on doing the entire
(or some part of) GTKmm stack?

On 5/15/2020 1:19 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-05-14 at 17:14 -0400, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> cygport files attached.  I've updated libsigc2.0 to the latest release in the
>> 2.0 series, and I've created libsigc3.0 as a new package, as Fedora does.  Note:
>> If you want to do a test build of the latter, you'll need to install the updated
>> mm-common from the previous ITA.
>
> These look fine.  Just curious, were you planning on doing the entire
> (or some part of) GTKmm stack?

I don't really have a plan at the moment.  I started off with the idea
of adopting all of your library packages that are needed by TeX Live.
But then I started finding packages whose latest versions wouldn't build
unless other packages were updated, so I adopted those too.

I'm almost done with this limited project, and then I'll take a look to
see what else makes sense.

On 5/15/2020 7:40 AM, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:

> On 5/15/2020 1:19 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> On Thu, 2020-05-14 at 17:14 -0400, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> cygport files attached.  I've updated libsigc2.0 to the latest release in the
>>> 2.0 series, and I've created libsigc3.0 as a new package, as Fedora does.  Note:
>>> If you want to do a test build of the latter, you'll need to install the updated
>>> mm-common from the previous ITA.
>>
>> These look fine.  Just curious, were you planning on doing the entire
>> (or some part of) GTKmm stack?
>
> I don't really have a plan at the moment.  I started off with the idea of
> adopting all of your library packages that are needed by TeX Live. But then I
> started finding packages whose latest versions wouldn't build unless other
> packages were updated, so I adopted those too.
>
> I'm almost done with this limited project, and then I'll take a look to see what
> else makes sense.

Things are clearer now.  Initially I adopted Cairo because it's needed by TeX
Live.  Then I saw a cairomm1.0 package and thought I should it adopt it along
with Cairo.  This led to libsigc++.  Now that I understand that these are part
of a bigger GTKmm project, I'm not interested in going further.  I'll keep the
ones I've already adopted unless someone else wants them, in which case I'll
gladly give them up.

Ken