[ITA] inetutils-1.9.4-1

12

Re: [ITA] inetutils-1.9.4-1

marco atzeri-4
Am 19.07.2018 um 02:44 schrieb Takashi Yano:

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 17:26:17 +0200
> Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Am 18.07.2018 um 15:44 schrieb Takashi Yano:
>>> Thanks. I have just revised inetutils package including ping package
>>> as follows. Could you please check again?
>>
>> Tested only, seems good.
>> The replacement ping and ping6 seem to work fine.
>
> Thank you for checking. Now do I have a GTG?
> In other words, may I upload inetutils package?

Yes.

---

Re: [ITA] inetutils-1.9.4-1

Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Probably "calm" will complain of ping in two directories when you
> upload, but Jon should be able to solve it

I received the following error message as your prediction.
Jon, could you please fix?

ERROR: package 'ping' is at paths x86/release/ping and x86/release/inetutils/ping
ERROR: error while merging uploaded x86 packages for Takashi Yano
SUMMARY: 2 ERROR(s)

ERROR: package 'ping' is at paths x86_64/release/ping and x86_64/release/inetutils/ping
ERROR: error while merging uploaded x86_64 packages for Takashi Yano
SUMMARY: 2 ERROR(s)

Takashi Yano <[hidden email]>

Re: [ITA] inetutils-1.9.4-1

Jon TURNEY
On 19/07/2018 11:04, Takashi Yano wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 17:26:17 +0200
> Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Probably "calm" will complain of ping in two directories when you
>> upload, but Jon should be able to solve it
>
> I received the following error message as your prediction.
> Jon, could you please fix?
>
> ERROR: package 'ping' is at paths x86/release/ping and x86/release/inetutils/ping
> ERROR: error while merging uploaded x86 packages for Takashi Yano
> SUMMARY: 2 ERROR(s)
>
> ERROR: package 'ping' is at paths x86_64/release/ping and x86_64/release/inetutils/ping
> ERROR: error while merging uploaded x86_64 packages for Takashi Yano
> SUMMARY: 2 ERROR(s)

Sure. I moved the old ping package, and set this to be re-tried.

I also verified that the version numbers go forwards (from 1.0.2-1 to
1.9.4-1)

I'm not sure what should happen to the entry for ping in
cygwin-pkg-maint.  I guess it can be removed as that package no longer
has a separate existence?

Re: [ITA] inetutils-1.9.4-1

Takashi Yano
On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 12:35:26 +0100
Jon Turney wrote:
> Sure. I moved the old ping package, and set this to be re-tried.

Thank you very much.

> I'm not sure what should happen to the entry for ping in
> cygwin-pkg-maint.  I guess it can be removed as that package no longer
> has a separate existence?

Marco, any idea?

Takashi Yano <[hidden email]>

Re: [ITA] inetutils-1.9.4-1

On Jul 19 12:35, Jon Turney wrote:

> On 19/07/2018 11:04, Takashi Yano wrote:
> > On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 17:26:17 +0200
> > Marco Atzeri wrote:
> > > Probably "calm" will complain of ping in two directories when you
> > > upload, but Jon should be able to solve it
> >
> > I received the following error message as your prediction.
> > Jon, could you please fix?
> >
> > ERROR: package 'ping' is at paths x86/release/ping and x86/release/inetutils/ping
> > ERROR: error while merging uploaded x86 packages for Takashi Yano
> > SUMMARY: 2 ERROR(s)
> >
> > ERROR: package 'ping' is at paths x86_64/release/ping and x86_64/release/inetutils/ping
> > ERROR: error while merging uploaded x86_64 packages for Takashi Yano
> > SUMMARY: 2 ERROR(s)
>
> Sure. I moved the old ping package, and set this to be re-tried.
>
> I also verified that the version numbers go forwards (from 1.0.2-1 to
> 1.9.4-1)
>
> I'm not sure what should happen to the entry for ping in cygwin-pkg-maint.
> I guess it can be removed as that package no longer has a separate
> existence?
Yes, I think that's right since it's just a subpackage now.

Cygwin Maintainer                 cygwin AT cygwin DOT com

Re: [ITA] inetutils-1.9.4-1

On 2018-07-19 05:35, Jon Turney wrote:

> On 19/07/2018 11:04, Takashi Yano wrote:
>> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 17:26:17 +0200
>> Marco Atzeri wrote:
>>> Probably "calm" will complain of ping in two directories when you
>>> upload, but Jon should be able to solve it
>> I received the following error message as your prediction.
>> Jon, could you please fix?
>> ERROR: package 'ping' is at paths x86/release/ping and x86/release/inetutils/ping
>> ERROR: error while merging uploaded x86 packages for Takashi Yano
>> SUMMARY: 2 ERROR(s)
>> ERROR: package 'ping' is at paths x86_64/release/ping and
>> x86_64/release/inetutils/ping
>> ERROR: error while merging uploaded x86_64 packages for Takashi Yano
>> SUMMARY: 2 ERROR(s)
> Sure. I moved the old ping package, and set this to be re-tried.
> I also verified that the version numbers go forwards (from 1.0.2-1 to 1.9.4-1)
> I'm not sure what should happen to the entry for ping in cygwin-pkg-maint.  I
> guess it can be removed as that package no longer has a separate existence?

Will or should the ping package setup entry be replaced by an _obsolete category
entry saying it has been obsoleted by and requires inetutils-ping, as with other
replaced packages e.g. man?

Re: [ITA] inetutils-1.9.4-1

Am 19.07.2018 um 13:35 schrieb Jon Turney:

> I'm not sure what should happen to the entry for ping in
> cygwin-pkg-maint.  I guess it can be removed as that package no longer
> has a separate existence?

removing it seems the simpler way

---

Re: [ITA] inetutils-1.9.4-1

Am 19.07.2018 um 18:43 schrieb Brian Inglis:

> Will or should the ping package setup entry be replaced by an _obsolete category
> entry saying it has been obsoleted by and requires inetutils-ping, as with other
> replaced packages e.g. man?

not needed. Takeshi called the sub package "ping" so it is an immediate
upgrade due to version bump.

---

12