[ITA from Yaakov] freeport2

cygwin-apps mailing list
My cygport file is attached.  Aside from some trivial URL changes, it differs
from Yaakov's as follows:

1. I've bumped the version from 2.9.1 to 2.10.2, the latest upstream release.

2. I removed the Fedora patch freetype-2.9-ftsmooth.patch, which is no longer
used in the Fedora build.

3. I removed the line 'cygmake refdoc', which was previously used to build the
API reference manual.  The html files are now included in the source tarball.
The refdoc target is apparently now only needed for a build from the upstream
git repo.

Ken

freetype2.cygport (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [ITA from Yaakov] freeport2

cygwin-apps mailing list
On 5/12/2020 12:50 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:

> My cygport file is attached.  Aside from some trivial URL changes, it differs
> from Yaakov's as follows:
>
> 1. I've bumped the version from 2.9.1 to 2.10.2, the latest upstream release.
>
> 2. I removed the Fedora patch freetype-2.9-ftsmooth.patch, which is no longer
> used in the Fedora build.
>
> 3. I removed the line 'cygmake refdoc', which was previously used to build the
> API reference manual.  The html files are now included in the source tarball.
> The refdoc target is apparently now only needed for a build from the upstream
> git repo.

Typo in the subject.  s/port/type/

Re: [ITA from Yaakov] freetype2

Yaakov Selkowitz
On Tue, 2020-05-12 at 12:50 -0400, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> My cygport file is attached.  Aside from some trivial URL changes, it differs
> from Yaakov's as follows:
>
> 1. I've bumped the version from 2.9.1 to 2.10.2, the latest upstream release.

Unfortunately 2.10 has some ABI/API-breaking changes, which Fedora
mitigates with the following patches:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/freetype/raw/master/f/freetype-2.10.0-internal-outline.patch

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/freetype/raw/master/f/freetype-2.10.1-debughook.patch

> 2. I removed the Fedora patch freetype-2.9-ftsmooth.patch, which is no longer
> used in the Fedora build.

Fine.

> 3. I removed the line 'cygmake refdoc', which was previously used to build the
> API reference manual.  The html files are now included in the source tarball.
> The refdoc target is apparently now only needed for a build from the upstream
> git repo.

IIRC there were also new Python module build requirements necessary to
(re)build the docs, so just as well.

> PATCH_URI="
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/freetype.git/plain/freetype-2.3.0-enable-spr.patch
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/freetype.git/plain/freetype-2.2.1-enable-valid.patch
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/freetype.git/plain/freetype-2.6.5-libtool.patch
> "

These currently work through forwarding but should be changed to the
new locations:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/freetype/raw/master/f/$FILENAME

Am 12.05.2020 um 18:53 schrieb Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps:

> On 5/12/2020 12:50 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> My cygport file is attached.  Aside from some trivial URL changes, it
>> differs from Yaakov's as follows:
>>
>> 1. I've bumped the version from 2.9.1 to 2.10.2, the latest upstream
>> release.
>>
>> 2. I removed the Fedora patch freetype-2.9-ftsmooth.patch, which is no
>> longer used in the Fedora build.
>>
>> 3. I removed the line 'cygmake refdoc', which was previously used to
>> build the API reference manual.  The html files are now included in
>> the source tarball. The refdoc target is apparently now only needed
>> for a build from the upstream git repo.
>
> Typo in the subject.  s/port/type/

freeport2 is not in Cygwin for what I see

https://cygwin.com/packages/package_list.html

so may be it is a  ITP ?

On 5/12/2020 2:08 PM, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:

> Am 12.05.2020 um 18:53 schrieb Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps:
>> On 5/12/2020 12:50 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> My cygport file is attached.  Aside from some trivial URL changes, it differs
>>> from Yaakov's as follows:
>>>
>>> 1. I've bumped the version from 2.9.1 to 2.10.2, the latest upstream release.
>>>
>>> 2. I removed the Fedora patch freetype-2.9-ftsmooth.patch, which is no longer
>>> used in the Fedora build.
>>>
>>> 3. I removed the line 'cygmake refdoc', which was previously used to build
>>> the API reference manual.  The html files are now included in the source
>>> tarball. The refdoc target is apparently now only needed for a build from the
>>> upstream git repo.
>>
>> Typo in the subject.  s/port/type/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

On 5/12/2020 2:02 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

> On Tue, 2020-05-12 at 12:50 -0400, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> My cygport file is attached.  Aside from some trivial URL changes, it differs
>> from Yaakov's as follows:
>>
>> 1. I've bumped the version from 2.9.1 to 2.10.2, the latest upstream release.
>
> Unfortunately 2.10 has some ABI/API-breaking changes, which Fedora
> mitigates with the following patches:
>
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/freetype/raw/master/f/freetype-2.10.0-internal-outline.patch
>
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/freetype/raw/master/f/freetype-2.10.1-debughook.patch
>
>> 2. I removed the Fedora patch freetype-2.9-ftsmooth.patch, which is no longer
>> used in the Fedora build.
>
> Fine.
>
>> 3. I removed the line 'cygmake refdoc', which was previously used to build the
>> API reference manual.  The html files are now included in the source tarball.
>> The refdoc target is apparently now only needed for a build from the upstream
>> git repo.
>
> IIRC there were also new Python module build requirements necessary to
> (re)build the docs, so just as well.
>
>> PATCH_URI="
>> https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/freetype.git/plain/freetype-2.3.0-enable-spr.patch
>> https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/freetype.git/plain/freetype-2.2.1-enable-valid.patch
>> https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/freetype.git/plain/freetype-2.6.5-libtool.patch
>> "
>
> These currently work through forwarding but should be changed to the
> new locations:
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/freetype/raw/master/f/$FILENAME

Thanks.  I've make those changes.

Am 12.05.2020 um 20:08 schrieb Marco Atzeri:

> Am 12.05.2020 um 18:53 schrieb Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps:
>> On 5/12/2020 12:50 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> My cygport file is attached.  Aside from some trivial URL changes, it
>>> differs from Yaakov's as follows:
>>>
>>> 1. I've bumped the version from 2.9.1 to 2.10.2, the latest upstream
>>> release.
>>>
>>> 2. I removed the Fedora patch freetype-2.9-ftsmooth.patch, which is
>>> no longer used in the Fedora build.
>>>
>>> 3. I removed the line 'cygmake refdoc', which was previously used to
>>> build the API reference manual.  The html files are now included in
>>> the source tarball. The refdoc target is apparently now only needed
>>> for a build from the upstream git repo.
>>
>> Typo in the subject.  s/port/type/
>
> freeport2 is not in Cygwin for what I see
>
> https://cygwin.com/packages/package_list.html
>
> so may be it is a  ITP ?
>
> Regards
> Marco