[ITA] binutils, mingw64-{i686,x86_64}-binutils

[ITA] binutils, mingw64-{i686,x86_64}-binutils

Achim Gratz

I have finally figured out why building binutils (whatever version)
didn't work correctly with gcc-10, so I was able to build  the current
release version of binutils 2.35.1 finally (and re-build the same
binutils version with itself).  Enabling to move libbfd/libopcodes into
shared libraries has been prepared, but so far I have not been able to
build binutils that actually work (already the tests are failing).

The updated cygport file (and patches, albeit non-active for the actual
configuration) is available on the playground branch:

https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/binutils.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/playground

The build results on the CI:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/cygwin/scallywag/builds/37184120

I have not yet started to work on the mingw64 packages.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:

Re: [ITA] binutils, mingw64-{i686,x86_64}-binutils

cygwin-apps mailing list
On 09.01.2021 17:49, Achim Gratz wrote:

> I have finally figured out why building binutils (whatever version)
> didn't work correctly with gcc-10, so I was able to build  the current
> release version of binutils 2.35.1 finally (and re-build the same
> binutils version with itself).  Enabling to move libbfd/libopcodes into
> shared libraries has been prepared, but so far I have not been able to
> build binutils that actually work (already the tests are failing).
>
> The updated cygport file (and patches, albeit non-active for the actual
> configuration) is available on the playground branch:
>
> https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/binutils.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/playground
>
> The build results on the CI:
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/cygwin/scallywag/builds/37184120
>

> I have not yet started to work on the mingw64 packages.
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

changed from Jonathan Yong to you

Thanks