[ITA/ITP] python-paramiko 2.4.1, python-bcrypt 3.1.4, python-PyNaCl 1.2.1

[ITA/ITP] python-paramiko 2.4.1, python-bcrypt 3.1.4, python-PyNaCl 1.2.1

Michael Wild
Dear all

I would like to adopt the orphaned package python-paramiko. In order
to bring it to its current version, additional dependencies need to be
packaged, namely python-bcrypt and python-PyNaCl.

Debian packages:

* https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-paramiko
* https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-bcrypt
* https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-nacl

For the latter I have the problem that upstream calls it PyNaCl, but
distros seem to drop the "Py" prefix. What is the preferred naming
scheme for Cygwin?

For those wanting to review the packages, I uploaded them to
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a0ci3v176k2pslu/AACdPzzLadgbLcPukr7CcE3Qa?dl=0.

All the best and a nice weekend!

Michael

Re: [ITA/ITP] python-paramiko 2.4.1, python-bcrypt 3.1.4, python-PyNaCl 1.2.1

Yaakov Selkowitz
On Fri, 2018-07-20 at 13:15 +0200, Michael Wild wrote:

> I would like to adopt the orphaned package python-paramiko. In order
> to bring it to its current version, additional dependencies need to be
> packaged, namely python-bcrypt and python-PyNaCl.
>
> Debian packages:
>
> * https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-paramiko
> * https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-bcrypt
> * https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-nacl
>
> For the latter I have the problem that upstream calls it PyNaCl, but
> distros seem to drop the "Py" prefix. What is the preferred naming
> scheme for Cygwin?

python-nacl for the sources, python{2,3}-nacl for the binaries.

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018, 23:13 Yaakov Selkowitz, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2018-07-20 at 13:15 +0200, Michael Wild wrote:
> > I would like to adopt the orphaned package python-paramiko. In order
> > to bring it to its current version, additional dependencies need to be
> > packaged, namely python-bcrypt and python-PyNaCl.
> >
> > Debian packages:
> >
> > * https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-paramiko
> > * https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-bcrypt
> > * https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-nacl
> >
> > For the latter I have the problem that upstream calls it PyNaCl, but
> > distros seem to drop the "Py" prefix. What is the preferred naming
> > scheme for Cygwin?
>
> python-nacl for the sources, python{2,3}-nacl for the binaries.
>
> > For those wanting to review the packages, I uploaded them to
> >
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a0ci3v176k2pslu/AACdPzzLadgbLcPukr7CcE3Qa?dl=0.
>
> --
> Yaakov

Thanks Yaakov.

Another question: if you look at the cygport file
https://github.com/themiwi/cygwin/blob/master/python-paramiko/python-paramiko.cygport,
I jump through some hoops to get
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/python{2,3}-paramiko.README generated from a single
patch and installed. Am I missing something? Particularly, the python-wheel
cygclass does not seem to include files in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin.

Michael

Re: [ITA/ITP] python-paramiko 2.4.1, python-bcrypt 3.1.4, python-PyNaCl 1.2.1

Michael Wild
Dear all

I uploaded new builds of python-nacl and python-paramiko to
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a0ci3v176k2pslu/AACdPzzLadgbLcPukr7CcE3Qa?dl=0.

BTW: Do I need a "good to go" or is it OK if I go ahead with uploading
since I already maintain tmux and ssh-pageant?

Michael

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 10:17 AM Michael Wild <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jul 2018, 23:13 Yaakov Selkowitz, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2018-07-20 at 13:15 +0200, Michael Wild wrote:
>> > I would like to adopt the orphaned package python-paramiko. In order
>> > to bring it to its current version, additional dependencies need to be
>> > packaged, namely python-bcrypt and python-PyNaCl.
>> >
>> > Debian packages:
>> >
>> > * https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-paramiko
>> > * https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-bcrypt
>> > * https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-nacl
>> >
>> > For the latter I have the problem that upstream calls it PyNaCl, but
>> > distros seem to drop the "Py" prefix. What is the preferred naming
>> > scheme for Cygwin?
>>
>> python-nacl for the sources, python{2,3}-nacl for the binaries.
>>
>> > For those wanting to review the packages, I uploaded them to
>> >
>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a0ci3v176k2pslu/AACdPzzLadgbLcPukr7CcE3Qa?dl=0
>> .
>>
>> --
>> Yaakov
>>

> Thanks Yaakov.
>
> Another question: if you look at the cygport file
> https://github.com/themiwi/cygwin/blob/master/python-paramiko/python-paramiko.cygport,
> I jump through some hoops to get
> /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/python{2,3}-paramiko.README generated from a single
> patch and installed. Am I missing something? Particularly, the python-wheel
> cygclass does not seem to include files in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin.
>
> Michael

Re: [ITA/ITP] python-paramiko 2.4.1, python-bcrypt 3.1.4, python-PyNaCl 1.2.1

marco atzeri-4
Am 25.07.2018 um 09:25 schrieb Michael Wild:

> Dear all
>
> I uploaded new builds of python-nacl and python-paramiko to
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a0ci3v176k2pslu/AACdPzzLadgbLcPukr7CcE3Qa?dl=0.
>
> BTW: Do I need a "good to go" or is it OK if I go ahead with uploading
> since I already maintain tmux and ssh-pageant?
>
> Michael

Michael,
bottom post here please.

You need a GTG and a change of assignement in

http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint

otherwise you can not upload it.

---

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 9:42 AM Marco Atzeri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 25.07.2018 um 09:25 schrieb Michael Wild:
> > Dear all
> >
> > I uploaded new builds of python-nacl and python-paramiko to
> >
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a0ci3v176k2pslu/AACdPzzLadgbLcPukr7CcE3Qa?dl=0.
> >
> > BTW: Do I need a "good to go" or is it OK if I go ahead with uploading
> > since I already maintain tmux and ssh-pageant?
> >
> > Michael
> >

> Michael,
> bottom post here please.
>
> You need a GTG and a change of assignement in
>
> http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint
>
> otherwise you can not upload it.
>
> Regards
> Marco

Thanks Marco,

Sorry about the top-post; I got tricked by Google Inbox which doesn't show
the original text when replying...

Ok, waiting for the GTG...

Michael

Re: [ITA/ITP] python-paramiko 2.4.1, python-bcrypt 3.1.4, python-PyNaCl 1.2.1

Yaakov Selkowitz-2
On Tue, 2018-07-24 at 10:17 +0200, Michael Wild wrote:
> Another question: if you look at the cygport file
> https://github.com/themiwi/cygwin/blob/master/python-paramiko/python-paramiko.cygport,
> I jump through some hoops to get
> /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/python{2,3}-paramiko.README generated from a single
> patch and installed. Am I missing something? Particularly, the python-wheel
> cygclass does not seem to include files in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin.

TBH those "Cygwin READMEs" are not required and I generally do not
include them in any of my packages.  Therefore, cygport isn't
completely automated when it comes to those.

--
Yaakov Selkowitz
Software Engineer - Platform Enablement Group

Re: [ITA/ITP] python-paramiko 2.4.1, python-bcrypt 3.1.4, python-PyNaCl 1.2.1

Michael Wild
On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 9:52 PM Yaakov Selkowitz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2018-07-24 at 10:17 +0200, Michael Wild wrote:
> > Another question: if you look at the cygport file
> >
> https://github.com/themiwi/cygwin/blob/master/python-paramiko/python-paramiko.cygport
> ,
> > I jump through some hoops to get
> > /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/python{2,3}-paramiko.README generated from a single
> > patch and installed. Am I missing something? Particularly, the
> python-wheel
> > cygclass does not seem to include files in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin.
>
> TBH those "Cygwin READMEs" are not required and I generally do not
> include them in any of my packages.  Therefore, cygport isn't
> completely automated when it comes to those.

Ah, what a relief. I was starting to worry that I have to include them in
my other packages too :-)

Pushed the simplifications and uploaded the packages to Dropbox for final
review and waiting for GTG.

Michael

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 3:15 PM Michael Wild <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 9:52 PM Yaakov Selkowitz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2018-07-24 at 10:17 +0200, Michael Wild wrote:
>> > Another question: if you look at the cygport file
>> >
>> https://github.com/themiwi/cygwin/blob/master/python-paramiko/python-paramiko.cygport
>> ,
>> > I jump through some hoops to get
>> > /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/python{2,3}-paramiko.README generated from a
>> single
>> > patch and installed. Am I missing something? Particularly, the
>> python-wheel
>> > cygclass does not seem to include files in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin.
>>
>> TBH those "Cygwin READMEs" are not required and I generally do not
>> include them in any of my packages.  Therefore, cygport isn't
>> completely automated when it comes to those.
>>

> Ah, what a relief. I was starting to worry that I have to include them in
> my other packages too :-)
>
> Pushed the simplifications and uploaded the packages to Dropbox for final
> review and waiting for GTG.
>
> Michael

Ping... Yaakov, is it you giving the GTG for the ITA for python-paramiko?

Michael

Am 23.07.2018 um 23:13 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:

> On Fri, 2018-07-20 at 13:15 +0200, Michael Wild wrote:
>> I would like to adopt the orphaned package python-paramiko. In order
>> to bring it to its current version, additional dependencies need to be
>> packaged, namely python-bcrypt and python-PyNaCl.
>>
>> Debian packages:
>>
>> * https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-paramiko
>> * https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-bcrypt
>> * https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-nacl
>>
>> For the latter I have the problem that upstream calls it PyNaCl, but
>> distros seem to drop the "Py" prefix. What is the preferred naming
>> scheme for Cygwin?
>
> python-nacl for the sources, python{2,3}-nacl for the binaries.
>
>> For those wanting to review the packages, I uploaded them to
>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a0ci3v176k2pslu/AACdPzzLadgbLcPukr7CcE3Qa?dl=0.
>
> --
> Yaakov

Not an expert in python modules, so I assume this is correct

/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyNaCl-1.2.1.dist-info/metadata.json
/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyNaCl-1.2.1.dist-info/top_level.txt
/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/nacl/__init__.py
/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/nacl/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-36.opt-1.pyc

as it is not much more different from

/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/paramiko-2.4.1.dist-info/metadata.json
/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/paramiko-2.4.1.dist-info/top_level.txt
/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/paramiko/__init__.py
/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/paramiko/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-36.opt-1.pyc

I built all the 3 packages and they seem fine.
As they are missing testsuites I assume Michael tested them.

I would say GTG.

---

Am 30.07.2018 um 10:59 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
> Am 23.07.2018 um 23:13 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
>> On Fri, 2018-07-20 at 13:15 +0200, Michael Wild wrote:
>>> I would like to adopt the orphaned package python-paramiko. In order
>>> to bring it to its current version, additional dependencies need to be
>>> packaged, namely python-bcrypt and python-PyNaCl.

> I built all the 3 packages and they seem fine.
> As they are missing testsuites I assume Michael tested them.
>
> I would say GTG.

Michael
you are now the maintainer for the 3 packages.

---

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018, 19:04 Marco Atzeri, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 30.07.2018 um 10:59 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
>

> > I built all the 3 packages and they seem fine.
> > As they are missing testsuites I assume Michael tested them.
> >
> > I would say GTG.
> >

> Michael
> you are now the maintainer for the 3 packages.
>
> Regards
> Marco
>
> ---

Cool, thanks. Will upload tomorrow.

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 7:16 PM Michael Wild <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2018, 19:04 Marco Atzeri, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> Michael
>> you are now the maintainer for the 3 packages.
>>
>> Regards
>> Marco
>>
>> ---
>

> Cool, thanks. Will upload tomorrow.
>
> Michael

Dear all

I just tried to upload my new packages. The new python-bcrypt and
python-nacl went through, but the updated python-paramiko gives me below
error. Could it be because the existing version is not noarch? Calm sends
me below message.

Cheers

Michael

Re: [ITA/ITP] python-paramiko 2.4.1, python-bcrypt 3.1.4, python-PyNaCl 1.2.1

Jon TURNEY
On 03/08/2018 21:56, Michael Wild wrote:

> I just tried to upload my new packages. The new python-bcrypt and
> python-nacl went through, but the updated python-paramiko gives me below
> error. Could it be because the existing version is not noarch? Calm sends
> me below message.

Yes, that is the reason, and unfortunately it is a manual process to
change that at the moment.

I made that change and set this upload to be retried.  Sorry for the
inconvenience.