How to disable formatting control characters in newer versions?

How to disable formatting control characters in newer versions?

We have been using Cygwin for a long time for a testing process. This
process saves the output to a log file.

The main problem is that the newer versions of Cygwin puts the formatting
characters into the log file also. So the logs are useless.

The affected formatting characters are backspaces and cursor positioner CSI
control characters like \033[1;1H
It seems like the log contains the clear screen data too.

So, is there an option to disable this feature, or do you have any solution
to eliminate them?

Best regards,
Zoltan Ver

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
--
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Re: How to disable formatting control characters in newer versions?

Cygwin list mailing list
On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:07:11 +0200
Zoltán Vér via Cygwin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have been using Cygwin for a long time for a testing process. This
> process saves the output to a log file.
>
> The main problem is that the newer versions of Cygwin puts the formatting
> characters into the log file also. So the logs are useless.
>
> The affected formatting characters are backspaces and cursor positioner CSI
> control characters like \033[1;1H
> It seems like the log contains the clear screen data too.
>
> So, is there an option to disable this feature, or do you have any solution
> to eliminate them?

Could you provide simple test case which replicates your issue?

--
Takashi Yano <[hidden email]>