How to configure cron's mail?

Joost Kraaijeveld
Hi,

Can I configure where cron sends the mail to? It seems to be
"user@localhost", where user is the account cron is running under, but I
would like it to go to "[hidden email]".

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
web: www.askesis.nl

Re: How to configure cron's mail?

René Berber-2
Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:

> Can I configure where cron sends the mail to? It seems to be
> "user@localhost", where user is the account cron is running under, but I
> would like it to go to "[hidden email]".

Yes, in /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf, but when you install the ssmtp package you are supposed to run ssmtp-config.  Anyway you can edit the file, just define root and rewriteDomain so that cron uses those.
--
René Berber

RE: How to configure cron's mail?

Harig, Mark

cygcheck -l cron
cygcheck -l ssmtp

See then the Cygwin-specific README files in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/.

---

René Berber wrote:

> Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
>
>> Can I configure where cron sends the mail to? It seems to be
>> "user@localhost", where user is the account cron is running under,
>> but I would like it to go to "[hidden email]".
>
> Yes, in /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf, but when you install the ssmtp package
> you are supposed to run ssmtp-config.  Anyway you can edit the file,
> just define root and rewriteDomain so that cron uses those.

I forgot to add that there is a second option: specify MAILTO inside crontab.

In fact that is a more flexible option, you could make cron send emails to several addresses, also to different ones for each job.
--
René Berber