Haxe package

Andy Li
Hi,

Here is the Haxe package I wanted to create and maintain.
Haxe is a programming language that compiles to JS, Java, C#, C++, and
many more.
More info can be found at https://haxe.org/.

The haxe.cygport file I created can be found at:
https://github.com/andyli/haxe-cygwin

Please review and let me know if there is any problem.

Best regards,
Andy

Re: Haxe package

Yaakov Selkowitz
On 2017-05-16 00:48, Andy Li wrote:
> Here is the Haxe package I wanted to create and maintain.
> Haxe is a programming language that compiles to JS, Java, C#, C++, and
> many more.
> More info can be found at https://haxe.org/.
>
> The haxe.cygport file I created can be found at:
> https://github.com/andyli/haxe-cygwin
>
> Please review and let me know if there is any problem.

I left comments in github.

Re: Haxe package

Andy Li
I've revised according to all the comments in github.
Is there any other thing you would like to adjust?

Best regards,
Andy

Re: Haxe package

Jon TURNEY
On 26/05/2017 03:03, Andy Li wrote:
> I've revised according to all the comments in github.
> Is there any other thing you would like to adjust?

This fails to build for me, the first error is:

make: *** No rule to make target 'libs/ilib/il.cmxa', needed by
'src/context/common.cmx'.  Stop.

I wonder if I'm missing some build-dep?

haxe-3.4.2-1-compile.log (26K) Download Attachment

Re: Haxe package

Andy Li
On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 9:01 PM, Jon Turney <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This fails to build for me, the first error is:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target 'libs/ilib/il.cmxa', needed by
> 'src/context/common.cmx'.  Stop.
>
> I wonder if I'm missing some build-dep?

I've just double check and it still build fine on my machine...
I notice your build log contains "make: *** Waiting for unfinished
jobs....", does it mean `make` was run in parallel mode somehow?
The Haxe makefile doesn't support parallel build so I set
`MAKEOPTS="-f Makefile.win"` that removes the `-j` opt. Maybe there is
some other setting that caused a parallel build?

Best,
Andy

Re: Haxe package

Jon TURNEY
On 29/05/2017 03:11, Andy Li wrote:

> On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 9:01 PM, Jon Turney wrote:
>> This fails to build for me, the first error is:
>>
>> make: *** No rule to make target 'libs/ilib/il.cmxa', needed by
>> 'src/context/common.cmx'.  Stop.
>>
>> I wonder if I'm missing some build-dep?
>
> I've just double check and it still build fine on my machine...
> I notice your build log contains "make: *** Waiting for unfinished
> jobs....", does it mean `make` was run in parallel mode somehow?
> The Haxe makefile doesn't support parallel build so I set
> `MAKEOPTS="-f Makefile.win"` that removes the `-j` opt. Maybe there is
> some other setting that caused a parallel build?

Yes, that seems to be it.  I have "MAKEFLAGS=-j8" in my environment.

I think the cygport reference manual recommends an explicit "-j1" in the
cygport MAKEOPTS variable for packages which do not build properly with
a parallel make.

With that added, package looks GTG.  I added it to your uploads.

Re: Haxe package

Andy Li
On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 10:49 PM, Jon Turney
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think the cygport reference manual recommends an explicit "-j1" in the
> cygport MAKEOPTS variable for packages which do not build properly with a
> parallel make.

Right, I've just added that to to MAKEOPTS.

> With that added, package looks GTG.  I added it to your uploads.

Thanks! Just uploaded the package!

Best regards,
Andy