GGI libraries

Achim Gratz

I'm planning to drop the ggi terminal from gnuplot when switching to the
5.4 release.  Several gnuplot features are not fully supported with the
GGI v2 that is in Cygwin and despite being planned for over a decade, a
GGI v3 has never materialized.

Since I believe that gnuplot was the only user of the verious GGI
packages, I suggest that we obsolete these packages some time after the
older versions have been phased out.

Re: GGI libraries

Yaakov Selkowitz
On Mon, 2020-04-13 at 21:01 +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
> I'm planning to drop the ggi terminal from gnuplot when switching to the
> 5.4 release.  Several gnuplot features are not fully supported with the
> GGI v2 that is in Cygwin and despite being planned for over a decade, a
> GGI v3 has never materialized.
>
> Since I believe that gnuplot was the only user of the verious GGI
> packages, I suggest that we obsolete these packages some time after the
> older versions have been phased out.

+1, and unless there are any objections, let's just marked them now as
unmaintained.