Fwd: sourceware.org migration notice

Jon TURNEY

Assuming this migration goes ahead as planned this weekend:

* I'll stop package upload processing sometime on Friday

* An announcement will be made when package upload processing is restored.

* Cygwin setup should continue to function (if it can't contact
cygwin.com to fetch the mirror list, it should use a cached mirror list,
and all package downloads are from a mirror)

Re: Fwd: sourceware.org migration notice

Jon TURNEY
On 04/03/2020 13:33, Jon Turney wrote:

> Assuming this migration goes ahead as planned this weekend:
>
> * I'll stop package upload processing sometime on Friday
>
> * An announcement will be made when package upload processing is restored.
>
> * Cygwin setup should continue to function (if it can't contact
> cygwin.com to fetch the mirror list, it should use a cached mirror list,
> and all package downloads are from a mirror)

Unfortunately, due to some mis-coordination, the DNS for cygwin.com was
updated a day earlier (today).

Please note that it may appear that you can currently git push to
cygwin.com URLs, but that will be lost when the repositories on the old
server are replicated onto the new server this weekend.

On 06/03/2020 18:27, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 04/03/2020 13:33, Jon Turney wrote:
>>
>> Assuming this migration goes ahead as planned this weekend:
>>
>> * I'll stop package upload processing sometime on Friday
>>
>> * An announcement will be made when package upload processing is
>> restored.

package maintainer sftp and git is working.

calm is running again.

Re: Fwd: sourceware.org migration notice

cygwin-apps mailing list
Am 09.03.2020 um 22:22 schrieb Jon Turney:

> On 06/03/2020 18:27, Jon Turney wrote:
>> On 04/03/2020 13:33, Jon Turney wrote:
>>>
>>> Assuming this migration goes ahead as planned this weekend:
>>>
>>> * I'll stop package upload processing sometime on Friday
>>>
>>> * An announcement will be made when package upload processing is
>>> restored.
>
> package maintainer sftp and git is working.
>
> calm is running again.

it seems that the forwarding from cygwin-announce to cygwin
mailing list is not active anymore

cygwin-announce notices not forwarding to cygwin list

Brian Inglis
> On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 15:54:31 +0100, Marco Atzeri wrote:

>>> package maintainer sftp and git is working.
>>>
>>> calm is running again.
>
> it seems that the forwarding from cygwin-announce to cygwin
> mailing list is not active anymore

Hi folks,

Could you please look at why cygwin-announce notices are no longer forwarding to
cygwin list post-migration, when you have some time from higher priority work,
or inform the folks responsible if not already CCed.

This has been worked on, and appears to be working as of yesterday pm.

On 2020-03-15 11:37, Jon Turney wrote:

>>> it seems that the forwarding from cygwin-announce to cygwin
>>> mailing list is not active anymore
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Could you please look at why cygwin-announce notices are no longer forwarding to
>> cygwin list post-migration, when you have some time from higher priority work,
>> or inform the folks responsible if not already CCed.
>
> This has been worked on, and appears to be working as of yesterday pm.

The backlog between your notices on the 5th and Achim's on the 14th have not
been forwarded. How should this be handled? Should maintainers repost their
original announcements, make their own announcements on cygwin, or can the
process be rerun to forward only the missing posts?