File not visible in cygwin

David Balažic
Hi!

NOTE: This seems to be fixed in latest version.

Yesterday i was doing a 'find . -type f -print0' on my PC and noticed, that
one file was missing in the output.
Then I CD-ed into that folder and issued a ls -l, it printed:
total 0

In Windows Explorer I could see that there is one file in that folder.

As I was rushing to do the job, I just run the setup and updated to the
latest version, without any special investigation.

With the updated cygwin, the file became visible.

I checked today the release notes for the last few Cygwin versions and did
not see anything that fits the description.
Is this some known issue?

Anyone interested in more details?

One interesting point: after the update, there were two "Cygin64 Terminal"
entries in the start menu/screen (displayed when I typed "cyg" into the
search box).
Today, after a reboot, there is again only a single entry.

Current cygcheck  -s  output (trimmed):

Cygwin Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Sun Dec 09 17:54:01 2018

Windows 2012 R2 Server Standard Ver 6.3 Build 9600

Running in Terminal Service session

        C:\cygwin64\bin
        C:\Windows\system32
        C:\Windows
        C:\Windows\System32\Wbem
        C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0

   Cygwin DLL version info:
        DLL version: 2.11.2
        DLL epoch: 19
        DLL old termios: 5
        DLL malloc env: 28
        Cygwin conv: 181
        API major: 0
        API minor: 329
        Shared data: 5
        DLL identifier: cygwin1
        Mount registry: 3
        Cygwin registry name: Cygwin
        Installations name: Installations
        Cygdrive default prefix:
        Build date:
        Shared id: cygwin1S5

Question: is there a simple way to find out what the version of cygwin was
before the last update?

Regards,
David

Re: File not visible in cygwin

marco atzeri-4
Am 09.12.2018 um 18:57 schrieb David Balažic:

> Hi!
>
> NOTE: This seems to be fixed in latest version.
>
> Yesterday i was doing a 'find . -type f -print0' on my PC and noticed, that
> one file was missing in the output.
> Then I CD-ed into that folder and issued a ls -l, it printed:
> total 0
>
> In Windows Explorer I could see that there is one file in that folder.
>
> As I was rushing to do the job, I just run the setup and updated to the
> latest version, without any special investigation.
>
> With the updated cygwin, the file became visible.
>
> I checked today the release notes for the last few Cygwin versions and did
> not see anything that fits the description.
> Is this some known issue?

---

Re: File not visible in cygwin

David Balažic
Thanks, the file had the temporary attribute.
Regards,
David