Dr. Volker Zell's packages

Yaakov Selkowitz
Unfortunately, we haven't heard from Dr. Volker Zell in quite some time,
and a number of his packages are in need of updates or rebuilds.  I have
marked them ORPHANED in the maintainer list.  ITAs welcome.

Re: Dr. Volker Zell's packages

Ken Brown-6
On 9/28/2017 11:31 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Unfortunately, we haven't heard from Dr. Volker Zell in quite some time,
> and a number of his packages are in need of updates or rebuilds.  I have
> marked them ORPHANED in the maintainer list.  ITAs welcome.

One of those orphaned packages, texi2html, should probably just be
removed from the distro.  Development stopped in 2011, and the
maintainers say that most users are better off switching to
makeinfo/texi2any (part of the texinfo package).

en

Re: Dr. Volker Zell's packages

ASSI
Am 29.09.2017 um 17:36 schrieb Ken Brown:
> One of those orphaned packages, texi2html, should probably just be
> removed from the distro.  Development stopped in 2011, and the
> maintainers say that most users are better off switching to
> makeinfo/texi2any (part of the texinfo package).

+1

(on the road :-)

Re: Dr. Volker Zell's packages

ASSI
Am 28.09.2017 um 17:31 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
> Unfortunately, we haven't heard from Dr. Volker Zell in quite some time,
> and a number of his packages are in need of updates or rebuilds.  I have
> marked them ORPHANED in the maintainer list.  ITAs welcome.

I haven't had a chance to look at things in detail, but from a quick
glance I'd be inclined to take gnuplot and db, also maybe (lib)lzo2.

(on the road :-)

Re: Dr. Volker Zell's packages

marco atzeri-4
On 29/09/2017 18:26, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Am 28.09.2017 um 17:31 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
>> Unfortunately, we haven't heard from Dr. Volker Zell in quite some time,
>> and a number of his packages are in need of updates or rebuilds.  I have
>> marked them ORPHANED in the maintainer list.  ITAs welcome.
>
> I haven't had a chance to look at things in detail, but from a quick
> glance I'd be inclined to take gnuplot and db, also maybe (lib)lzo2.

I am looking on ghostscript

Re: Dr. Volker Zell's packages

On 9/28/2017 11:31 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Unfortunately, we haven't heard from Dr. Volker Zell in quite some time,
> and a number of his packages are in need of updates or rebuilds.  I have
> marked them ORPHANED in the maintainer list.  ITAs welcome.

I plan to adopt xpdf, but it will be a week or so before I can send an ITA.

Re: Dr. Volker Zell's packages

Yaakov Selkowitz
On 2017-09-29 11:26, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Am 28.09.2017 um 17:31 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
>> Unfortunately, we haven't heard from Dr. Volker Zell in quite some time,
>> and a number of his packages are in need of updates or rebuilds.  I have
>> marked them ORPHANED in the maintainer list.  ITAs welcome.
>
> I haven't had a chance to look at things in detail, but from a quick
> glance I'd be inclined to take gnuplot and db, also maybe (lib)lzo2.

Just FYI, I have a rebuild of db (for tcl-8.6) in my upload queue.
You're more than welcome to it afterwards though:

https://github.com/cygwinports/db

Re: Dr. Volker Zell's packages

Andrew Schulman
> Unfortunately, we haven't heard from Dr. Volker Zell in quite some time,
> and a number of his packages are in need of updates or rebuilds.  I have
> marked them ORPHANED in the maintainer list.  ITAs welcome.

I use multitail so I can adopt it if the package is in good shape. I'll
take a look.

Maybe openldap.

Re: Dr. Volker Zell's packages

marco atzeri-4
On 03/10/2017 17:00, Andrew Schulman wrote:
>> Unfortunately, we haven't heard from Dr. Volker Zell in quite some time,
>> and a number of his packages are in need of updates or rebuilds.  I have
>> marked them ORPHANED in the maintainer list.  ITAs welcome.
>
> I use multitail so I can adopt it if the package is in good shape. I'll
> take a look.
>
> Maybe openldap.

Hi Andrew,
openldap-2.4.42 builds fine with the cygwin source packages
but it segfaults during test.

The slapd.1.log suggests the segfault is on the test client and not on
the server.

Can you try to build just to double check that is not my
computer the problem ?

Re: Dr. Volker Zell's packages

Andrew Schulman
> On 03/10/2017 17:00, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> >> Unfortunately, we haven't heard from Dr. Volker Zell in quite some time,
> >> and a number of his packages are in need of updates or rebuilds.  I have
> >> marked them ORPHANED in the maintainer list.  ITAs welcome.
> >
> > I use multitail so I can adopt it if the package is in good shape. I'll
> > take a look.
> >
> > Maybe openldap.
>
> Hi Andrew,
> openldap-2.4.42 builds fine with the cygwin source packages
> but it segfaults during test.
>
> The slapd.1.log suggests the segfault is on the test client and not on
> the server.
>
> Can you try to build just to double check that is not my
> computer the problem ?

Sure, I will as soon as I have time.

I only use the openldap client, not the server. So if you use the server
too and are considering adopting the package, you should do that.

Re: Dr. Volker Zell's packages

marco atzeri-4
On 04/10/2017 15:55, Andrew Schulman wrote:
>> On 03/10/2017 17:00, Andrew Schulman wrote:

>>> Maybe openldap.
>>
>> Hi Andrew,
>> openldap-2.4.42 builds fine with the cygwin source packages
>> but it segfaults during test.
>>
>> The slapd.1.log suggests the segfault is on the test client and not on
>> the server.
>>
>> Can you try to build just to double check that is not my
>> computer the problem ?
>
> Sure, I will as soon as I have time.
>
> I only use the openldap client, not the server. So if you use the server
> too and are considering adopting the package, you should do that.

In reality I am not a user at all, but is it one on the
perl upgrade todo list

No problem to adopt it but we need to have it working

Re: Dr. Volker Zell's packages

ASSI
Achim Gratz writes:
> Am 28.09.2017 um 17:31 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
>> Unfortunately, we haven't heard from Dr. Volker Zell in quite some time,
>> and a number of his packages are in need of updates or rebuilds.  I have
>> marked them ORPHANED in the maintainer list.  ITAs welcome.
>
> I haven't had a chance to look at things in detail, but from a quick
> glance I'd be inclined to take gnuplot and db, also maybe (lib)lzo2.

I'm in the midst of fixing up xfig / fig2dev and will issue another ITA
soon (hopefully).