Difference Between Binutils Packages

Cygwin list mailing list
Hello Cygwin Mailing List,

I am trying to obtain the ld tool for Cygwin. I found out that it is
included in the Binutils package. However, when I look for that
package in the list during setup, I see 4 versions:

binutils
cygwin32-binutils
djgpp-binutils
mingw64-i686-binutils
mingw64-x86_64-binutils

What is the difference between these versions, and which one should I
choose? I am using a Windows 10 64-bit computer. If you have any
questions, please let me know.

Thank you very much for your time and help,
Mortimer
--
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Re: Difference Between Binutils Packages

Cygwin list mailing list
Am 17.03.2020 um 04:04 schrieb Mortimer Hemmit via Cygwin:
> Hello Cygwin Mailing List,

Hi Mortimer

> I am trying to obtain the ld tool for Cygwin. I found out that it is
> included in the Binutils package. However, when I look for that
> package in the list during setup, I see 4 versions:

this package is what you are looking for.
It is for compiling on cygwin for cygwin enviroment

> binutils

these are all cross-compiler tools

> cygwin32-binutils
> djgpp-binutils
> mingw64-i686-binutils
> mingw64-x86_64-binutils
>
> What is the difference between these versions, and which one should I
> choose? I am using a Windows 10 64-bit computer. If you have any
> questions, please let me know.
>
> Thank you very much for your time and help,
> Mortimer

Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Re: Difference Between Binutils Packages

Cygwin list mailing list
Thank you very much!