Cygwin utilities don't echo last input character in ssh session

Cygwin utilities don't echo last input character in ssh session

ldhybl
I have a Cygwin expect script that prompts for username and password.  It works fine when I am on the local Cygwin system, but not when I ssh into the same system.  In the ssh session, if the user enters "abcd" for username, only "abc" is echoed.  The full username is actually entered, but it is confusing to the ssh user to only see the partial echo of what they typed.

The same occurs in a simple Cygwin bash shell script that does a echo/read to prompt for and receive a username.  It works fine locally, but does not echo the most recent input character when invoked via ssh login to the same system.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Re: Cygwin utilities don't echo last input character in ssh session

ldhybl
Additional information:  The ssh server where the Cygwin utilities are invoked is a Windows XP system and the command interpreter is a CMD batch shell, not a Cygwin or other Linux/UNIX shell.  Not sure why this would make Expect or Bash fail to echo the most recent character typed on STDIN, but that is the case.

RE: Cygwin utilities don't echo last input character in ssh session

Nellis, Kenneth-3