Cygwin subscription list blockage

PolarStorm
I would appreciate if any Cygwin list responsible person could get back to me on why I am not able to post this article:

http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/CSIH-SSH-setup-script-problems-on-W81-64-td106953.html

Regards,

Gene Rederer

PS. Cygwin list need to reconsider their spam filter settings as I'm not sure that my confirmation emails are getting through.

Re: Cygwin subscription list blockage

Christopher Faylor-8
On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 02:57:56AM -0700, PolarStorm wrote:
>I would appreciate if any Cygwin list responsible person could get back to me
>on why I am not able to post this article:
>
>http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/CSIH-SSH-setup-script-problems-on-W81-64-td106953.html

This isn't the place for debugging problems sending email to the list.  That's
what cygwin-owner/postmaster is for.

However, in the interests of expediency I did look up why your email was
blocked.  The problematic string was "password will expire".  That shows
up in scam emails asking people to reset their passwords.

I've given that string less weight in the spam filter.

Other email was blocked because you tried to send directly to Corinna
and Larry, bypassing the list.  I'm sure that they appreciated that
block.

>PS. Cygwin list need to reconsider their spam filter settings as I'm not
>sure that my confirmation emails are getting through.

Your confirmation emails sailed through without any problems.

If you have further issues please use cygwin-owner.

Re: Cygwin subscription list blockage

PolarStorm
Christopher Faylor-8 wrote
On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 02:57:56AM -0700, PolarStorm wrote:
>I would appreciate if any Cygwin list responsible person could get back to me
>on why I am not able to post this article:
>
>http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/CSIH-SSH-setup-script-problems-on-W81-64-td106953.html

This isn't the place for debugging problems sending email to the list.  That's
what cygwin-owner/postmaster is for.
The I have no idea what to do, because I don't understand what you're saying above.
It seem to contradict what is said on the mailing lists/FAQ pages. and that address is not present there either.

>PS. Cygwin list need to reconsider their spam filter settings as I'm not
>sure that my confirmation emails are getting through.

Your confirmation emails sailed through without any problems.
If you have further issues please use cygwin-owner.
I was never informed about this, only the contrary.
I did send an email to cygwin-owner@cygwin.com, but no response at all.

BR,
Gene