Cygwin home looking at wrong directory

Maninmoon
 My IT just installed Cygwin on a machine with 2 drives c and d.

They appear to have installed on both drives (not sure why!)

How can I tell Cygwin which drive I want it to use?

There is NO windows environment HOME variable set.

So how is it choosing D drive version over the C drive version that I want?

Re: Cygwin home looking at wrong directory

marco atzeri-4
On 09/05/2014 16:34, xmoon 2000 wrote:

>   My IT just installed Cygwin on a machine with 2 drives c and d.
>
> They appear to have installed on both drives (not sure why!)
>
> How can I tell Cygwin which drive I want it to use?
>
> There is NO windows environment HOME variable set.
>
> So how is it choosing D drive version over the C drive version that I want?

the one you use is the one you get.

Likely the icons are pointing to the one installed later;
however check on the their properties