Completely off-topic

Christopher Faylor-8
[Well, maybe only 99.999% off-topic since I'm talking about something
that I read and I'm a cygwin developer]

One of my favorite comic strips is going web-only next month
and the author is looking for funding:

http://www.cowandboy.com/

I am going for the gold plan so I have some artwork to hang in my
office.

http://www.gocomics.com/cowandboy?ref=comics

How cool would it be to raise enough money to have a Cygwin Hippo
included in the comic?

[Hey.  Now this is only 99.998% off-topic]

Re: Completely off-topic

Robert Pendell-5
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Christopher Faylor <[snip]> wrote:

> [Well, maybe only 99.999% off-topic since I'm talking about something
> that I read and I'm a cygwin developer]
>
> One of my favorite comic strips is going web-only next month
> and the author is looking for funding:
>
> http://www.cowandboy.com/
>
> I am going for the gold plan so I have some artwork to hang in my
> office.
>
> http://www.gocomics.com/cowandboy?ref=comics
>
> How cool would it be to raise enough money to have a Cygwin Hippo
> included in the comic?
>
> [Hey.  Now this is only 99.998% off-topic]
>
> cgf

I think it is a cool idea.  I would probably pitch in for this if you
or someone else setup a donation pool for it.

Re: Completely off-topic

Christopher Faylor-8
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 02:48:54PM -0500, Robert Pendell wrote:

>On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Christopher Faylor <[snip]> wrote:
>> [Well, maybe only 99.999% off-topic since I'm talking about something
>> that I read and I'm a cygwin developer]
>>
>> One of my favorite comic strips is going web-only next month
>> and the author is looking for funding:
>>
>> http://www.cowandboy.com/
>>
>> I am going for the gold plan so I have some artwork to hang in my
>> office.
>>
>> http://www.gocomics.com/cowandboy?ref=comics
>>
>> How cool would it be to raise enough money to have a Cygwin Hippo
>> included in the comic?
>>
>> [Hey.  Now this is only 99.998% off-topic]
>
>I think it is a cool idea.  I would probably pitch in for this if you
>or someone else setup a donation pool for it.

I just emailed the author.  Maybe we could earmark contributions for
"Cygwin the Hippo" and if we hit $300 we'd get a new character.

Or, maybe it would be better to see how much interest there is here
first before having people commit to something.

Anyone else interested?  My son is a graphic artist so, besides being a
big fan of the strip, I'm really interested in helping this guy out.

cgf