CMake 2.2.3-1 ready

William A. Hoffman
There has been a new release of the official cmake (2.2.3-1).
This is a minor release from to 2.2.2 to 2.2.3.

Here are the required files:

ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/setup.hint
ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/cmake-2.2.3-1.tar.bz2
ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/cmake-2.2.3-1-src.tar.bz2

Re: CMake 2.2.3-1 ready

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Dec  5 12:25, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/setup.hint
> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/cmake-2.2.3-1.tar.bz2
> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/cmake-2.2.3-1-src.tar.bz2

Uploaded.  I removed 2.0.6-1 and took the freedom to fix a typo in
setup.hint's sdesc field:

-sdesc: "A cross platform build manger"
+sdesc: "A cross platform build manager"

Red Hat, Inc.

CMake package contains Microsoft DLLs (was Re: CMake 2.2.3-1 ready)

On Dec  5 12:25, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> There has been a new release of the official cmake (2.2.3-1).
> This is a minor release from to 2.2.2 to 2.2.3.
>
> Here are the required files:
>
> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/setup.hint
> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/cmake-2.2.3-1.tar.bz2
> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/cmake-2.2.3-1-src.tar.bz2

As per a report on the cygwin ML, this package contains three Microsoft
DLLs in usr/bin.  I checked and the package actually contains these DLLs.

This is a NO-NO, especially since it also creates very strange problems
when running some Cygwin applications.

I've removed the versions 2.2.3-1 from cygwin.com.  Please send a new
version ASAP, which doesn't contain Microsoft DLLs.

Re: CMake package contains Microsoft DLLs (was Re: CMake 2.2.3-1 ready)

William A. Hoffman
At 04:16 AM 12/23/2005, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>On Dec  5 12:25, William A. Hoffman wrote:
>> There has been a new release of the official cmake (2.2.3-1).
>> This is a minor release from to 2.2.2 to 2.2.3.
>>
>> Here are the required files:
>>
>> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/setup.hint
>> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/cmake-2.2.3-1.tar.bz2
>> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/cmake-2.2.3-1-src.tar.bz2
>
>As per a report on the cygwin ML, this package contains three Microsoft
>DLLs in usr/bin.  I checked and the package actually contains these DLLs.
>
>This is a NO-NO, especially since it also creates very strange problems
>when running some Cygwin applications.
>
>I've removed the versions 2.2.3-1 from cygwin.com.  Please send a new
>version ASAP, which doesn't contain Microsoft DLLs.

Sorry about that.  It was not intentional or required by the cmake cygwin build.
It was part of the install process on win32, but should not have been done
for cygwin.   I have new version ready in the same place:

>> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/setup.hint
>> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/cmake-2.2.3-1.tar.bz2
>> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/cmake-2.2.3-1-src.tar.bz2

Thanks.

-Bill

Re: CMake package contains Microsoft DLLs (was Re: CMake 2.2.3-1 ready)

Eric Blake-2
> >I've removed the versions 2.2.3-1 from cygwin.com.  Please send a new
> >version ASAP, which doesn't contain Microsoft DLLs.
>
> Sorry about that.  It was not intentional or required by the cmake cygwin build.
> It was part of the install process on win32, but should not have been done
> for cygwin.   I have new version ready in the same place:
>

> >> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/setup.hint
> >> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/cmake-2.2.3-1.tar.bz2
> >> ftp://www.cmake.org/pub/cmake/cygwin/cmake-2.2.3-1-src.tar.bz2

Please bump the release number to cmake-2.2.3-2 before we
can upload; that way, people who have a stale cmake-2.2.3-1
on their machine will get the upgrade from setup.exe.

--
Eric Blake