CLISP missing full linking set

Cygwin list mailing list
Hello Cygwin! I have a question about the clisp package. I seem to
have run into the same issue as this poor fellow:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60352371/how-to-run-swank-of-slime-with-clisp-without-dump
After further debugging, searching, and more debugging, I seem to have
found the issue. According to this HOWTO:
    http://pchristensen.com/blog/articles/installing-clisp-emacs-and-slime-on-windows-xp/
CLISP needs to be started with the full linking-set. When I tried that
I found there was no full linking-set:
    $ clisp -K full
    clisp: /usr/lib/clisp-2.49+/full/lisp.exe: No such file or directory
    $ ls /usr/lib/clisp-2.49+/
    base  berkeley-db  build-aux  clx  data  dirkey  dynmod  gdbm
linkkit  pcre  rawsock

I looked at cygwin.com/packages/ for the answer but I did not see one
with the "full" linking-set. Are there plans to include? Could there
be?
Thanks in advance. I really appreciate all your work on Cygwin!

--
peace,
          cj
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html

Re: CLISP missing full linking set

Cygwin list mailing list
On 3/19/2020 2:36 PM, Christopher Miller via Cygwin wrote:

> Hello Cygwin! I have a question about the clisp package. I seem to
> have run into the same issue as this poor fellow:
>      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60352371/how-to-run-swank-of-slime-with-clisp-without-dump
> After further debugging, searching, and more debugging, I seem to have
> found the issue. According to this HOWTO:
>      http://pchristensen.com/blog/articles/installing-clisp-emacs-and-slime-on-windows-xp/
> CLISP needs to be started with the full linking-set. When I tried that
> I found there was no full linking-set:
>      $ clisp -K full
>      clisp: /usr/lib/clisp-2.49+/full/lisp.exe: No such file or directory
>      $ ls /usr/lib/clisp-2.49+/
>      base  berkeley-db  build-aux  clx  data  dirkey  dynmod  gdbm
> linkkit  pcre  rawsock
>
> I looked at cygwin.com/packages/ for the answer but I did not see one
> with the "full" linking-set. Are there plans to include? Could there
> be?
> Thanks in advance. I really appreciate all your work on Cygwin!

I'm Cygwin's clisp maintainer, but I haven't thought about clisp for a while
because upstream clisp development has been inactive for a couple years.  The
last significant work I did on it was to get dynamic loading of modules working
on Cygwin.

I have a vague recollection that I decided there was no longer a need for the
full linking set once dynamic loading was working.  But I'll try to refresh my
memory and see if I can provide it.  It will probably be a few days until I get
to this.