CLISP maintainer gone

Christopher Faylor-2
Some mail to the spam trap on sourceware indicates that CLISP no longer has
a Cygwin maintainer.

Is anyone interested in maintaining this?

Re: CLISP maintainer gone

Reini Urban
Christopher Faylor schrieb:
> Some mail to the spam trap on sourceware indicates that CLISP no longer has
> a Cygwin maintainer.
>
> Is anyone interested in maintaining this?

Yep, me.

Package is ready, but I will wait until some dependent build req's are
through ITP and uploaded: fcgi, libsigsegv and maybe pari.
These are just build requirements and may be used optionally at run-time.

Still, if someone wants to have a look:
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/setup.hint
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/clisp-2.39-1.tar.bz2
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/clisp-2.39-1-src.tar.bz2

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/
http://helsinki.at/  http://spacemovie.mur.at/

Please upload: clisp-2.39-1

Reini Urban
Reini Urban schrieb:

> Christopher Faylor schrieb:
>> Some mail to the spam trap on sourceware indicates that CLISP no
>> longer has
>> a Cygwin maintainer.
>>
>> Is anyone interested in maintaining this?
>
> Yep, me.
>
> Package is ready, but I will wait until some dependent build req's are
> through ITP and uploaded: fcgi, libsigsegv and maybe pari.
> These are just build requirements and may be used optionally at run-time.
>
> Still, if someone wants to have a look:
> http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/setup.hint
> http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/clisp-2.39-1.tar.bz2
> http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/clisp-2.39-1-src.tar.bz2

After extensive testing with some other possible module and feature
combinations, the very first and simpliest attempt was the best.
So please take the three urls from above.

Note that re-compiling from src is quite hairy and I couldn't trick some
special m4 macros yet to spit out the correct LIBS.
So maybe you after a make failure, go need to go to build, fix makevars
and make again. Sigh.

Packaging considerations:
--without-unicode will lead to problems with some asdf libraries out
there. Easy to fix, but worthless. So you might need to call it
clisp -E 1:1
--with-module=matlab or pari requires those apps at loadtime, so a nono.
   I have a pari ready, but this will need more extensive testing.
--with-dynamic-modules, the real way we want to go - loading oracle,
matlab, pari at run-time, i.e on request - is quite broken, but I'm
almost on my way through.
fcgi is linked statically, so not needed as require. I haven't tested it
with apache2, but from the command-line.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/
http://helsinki.at/  http://spacemovie.mur.at/

Re: Please upload: clisp-2.39-1

Corinna Vinschen-2
On Aug  2 23:06, Reini Urban wrote:

> Reini Urban schrieb:
> >Christopher Faylor schrieb:
> >>Some mail to the spam trap on sourceware indicates that CLISP no
> >>longer has
> >>a Cygwin maintainer.
> >>
> >>Is anyone interested in maintaining this?
> >
> >Yep, me.
> >
> >Package is ready, but I will wait until some dependent build req's are
> >through ITP and uploaded: fcgi, libsigsegv and maybe pari.
> >These are just build requirements and may be used optionally at run-time.
> >
> >Still, if someone wants to have a look:
> >http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/setup.hint
> >http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/clisp-2.39-1.tar.bz2
> >http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/clisp-2.39-1-src.tar.bz2
>
> After extensive testing with some other possible module and feature
> combinations, the very first and simpliest attempt was the best.
> So please take the three urls from above.

Uploaded, 2.37-1 removed.

Thanks for taking over maintainership.  Do we still have one of these
gold stars in stock, Igor?

Re: Please upload: clisp-2.39-1

Igor Peshansky
On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Aug  2 23:06, Reini Urban wrote:
> > Reini Urban schrieb:

> > >Yep, me.
> > >
> > >Package is ready, but I will wait until some dependent build req's are
> > >through ITP and uploaded: fcgi, libsigsegv and maybe pari.
> > >These are just build requirements and may be used optionally at run-time.
> > >
> > >Still, if someone wants to have a look:
> > >http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/setup.hint
> > >http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/clisp-2.39-1.tar.bz2
> > >http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/clisp-2.39-1-src.tar.bz2
> >
> > After extensive testing with some other possible module and feature
> > combinations, the very first and simpliest attempt was the best.
> > So please take the three urls from above.
>
> Uploaded, 2.37-1 removed.
>
> Thanks for taking over maintainership.  Do we still have one of these
> gold stars in stock, Igor?

Yep, just ordered a new batch.
        Igor
--
                                http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_    [hidden email] | [hidden email]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!

that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"

Re: Please upload: clisp-2.39-1

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 10:04:58AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>On Aug  2 23:06, Reini Urban wrote:
>> Reini Urban schrieb:

>> >Yep, me.
>> >
>> >Package is ready, but I will wait until some dependent build req's are
>> >through ITP and uploaded: fcgi, libsigsegv and maybe pari.
>> >These are just build requirements and may be used optionally at run-time.
>> >
>> >Still, if someone wants to have a look:
>> >http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/setup.hint
>> >http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/clisp-2.39-1.tar.bz2
>> >http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/clisp/clisp-2.39-1-src.tar.bz2
>>
>> After extensive testing with some other possible module and feature
>> combinations, the very first and simpliest attempt was the best.
>> So please take the three urls from above.
>
>Uploaded, 2.37-1 removed.
>
>Thanks for taking over maintainership.  Do we still have one of these
>gold stars in stock, Igor?

Btw, the setup.hint has (had) a requirement for the nonexistent package
"libncurses".  I changed that to "libncurses8".

cgf