[Attn. Maintainers] perl-5.30.1

123

[Attn. Maintainers] perl-5.30.1

Achim Gratz

Perl version 5.30.1 was just released.  I will have an unexpected
timeslot available at the beginning of next week that I plan to use to
update Perl for Cygwin.  This of course means all Perl distribution
packages and any other packages that install into the Perl module
directories will need to be updated.  By now I should maintain or
co-maintain almost all Perl distribution packages, but there are a few
that are left over or captive in some other packages.

I'd appreciate if the respective maintainers would reply to this post
with the names of the affected packages and if they can roll an update
around the time mentioned.  Thanks.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] perl-5.30.1

cygwin-apps mailing list
> Perl version 5.30.1 was just released.  I will have an unexpected
> timeslot available at the beginning of next week that I plan to use to
> update Perl for Cygwin.  This of course means all Perl distribution
> packages and any other packages that install into the Perl module
> directories will need to be updated.  By now I should maintain or
> co-maintain almost all Perl distribution packages, but there are a few
> that are left over or captive in some other packages.
>
> I'd appreciate if the respective maintainers would reply to this post
> with the names of the affected packages and if they can roll an update
> around the time mentioned.  Thanks.

Hi. stow makes the perl-Stow package. Sure, I can rebuild that, it'll only take
a few minutes. Please just let us how when we should go ahead. Andrew

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] perl-5.30.1

I maintain biber and perl-PAR-Packer.  I can update whenever you say.

Ken

Achim Gratz writes:
> I'd appreciate if the respective maintainers would reply to this post
> with the names of the affected packages and if they can roll an update
> around the time mentioned.  Thanks.

I've already built the new Perl packages and the (almost) full set of
distributions.  I'm waiting for the stage 2 tests of the Perl build to
finish and will then post a repository link for you to point setup.exe
to (in addition of the Cygwin mirror) to update your own build systems.
This time around these are the same packages that will be going live on
the Cygwin mirrors unless I find an error that needs to be dealt with.

Besides Ken and Andrew, who have already responded, the only other
packages I don't yet maintain are from Yaakov (mostly Gnome and GUI
related stuff) and the *Magick wrappers that Marco maintains.  There
should be other packages with captive Perl modules (IIRC SVN and Git).
Git isn't affected because it sets up @INC itself and doesn't have
architecture-specific modules.

During the release of Perl-5.26 we've fingered the following:

biber:             BibTeX replacement for users of BibLaTeX (installed binaries and support files)
git-svn:     Subversion compatibility support for Git version control system
git:             Distributed version control system
grepmail:     search mailboxes for mail matching an expression (installed binaries and support files)
irssi:             Modular text mode IRC client with Perl scripting
nginx-mod_http_perl: Web and mail proxy server (installed binaries and support files)
nginx-mod_http_perl: Web and mail proxy server
po4a:             Tools for translating various file formats with gettext (installed binaries and support files)
pristine-tar:     Regenerate pristine tarballs (installed binaries and support files)
sendxmpp:            Commandline XMPP (jabber) utility (installed binaries and support files)
subversion-perl:     A version control system (perl bindings)
texlive:             TeXLive

Again, just like the last time around, noarch packages _should_ keep
working if the files are moved to the correct directory where Perl-5.30
looks for them, but I've not really checked.  Since there have been many
changes in Perl internals, I wouldn't take chances with archful packages
(anything that comes with a DLL).

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] perl-5.30.1

The Perl 5.30 repository is now up at http://cygwin.stromeko.net.

root=http://cygwin.stromeko.net/

The setup.xz is signed with my PGP key available at $root/stromeko.gpg,
which you can download and then feed to setup.exe via the -K switch.
The fingerprint of that key is:

      B22B 4890 B89E 5E5A 795C  E305 B40B EC75 3152 B1C3

If you have the keyart script (Python, you can just download from
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/atoponce/keyart/master/keyart), this
is what you should see after importing the key into your public keyring:

> keyart stromeko
+-----[DSA 2048]----+
|         ^.        |
|        ^ .        |
|       ^ E         |
|    . . ^ :        |
|. .  ^ : .         |
|.^  . ^.:S         |
| ..  . :^.         |
|.  .^ ^.^          |
|. ^:.^ ..          |
| ^:... .           |
|.^    .            |
+-----[3152B1C3]----+
+-------------------+
|                 :X|
|             .  ^^^|
|            :   ..^|
|         . : .   E |
|          i . . .  |
|       ^ S l : .   |
|        i l ^ ^    |
|       ^ . .       |
|      .   .        |
|       . .         |
|      ...          |
+-------------------+

Since the version numbers have already been bumped, you can just add the
above repo-URL in addition to your Cygwin mirror and then run an update
as usual.  If everything went well, the follwing directories should now
be (mostly) emtpy:

    /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/x86_64-cygwin-threads
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.26/x86_64-cygwin-threads
    /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/i686-cygwin-threads-64int
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.26/i686-cygwin-threads-64int
    /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26
    /usr/share/perl5/5.26

The files left over should belong to packages that have yet to be
updated or otherwise indicate that the information in /etc/setup was not
matching up with what you had on your system.

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] perl-5.30.1

Ken Brown-6
On 11/17/2019 2:57 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:

> The Perl 5.30 repository is now up at http://cygwin.stromeko.net.
>
> root=http://cygwin.stromeko.net/
>
> The setup.xz is signed with my PGP key available at $root/stromeko.gpg,
> which you can download and then feed to setup.exe via the -K switch.

I'm getting "Unable to get setup from <http://cygwin.stromeko.net/>".  The log shows

2019/11/18 17:27:50 HTTP status 404 fetching
http://cygwin.stromeko.net/x86_64/setup.xz.sig
2019/11/18 17:27:50 HTTP status 404 fetching
http://cygwin.stromeko.net/x86_64/setup.xz

(and similarly for x86).

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] perl-5.30.1

Brian Inglis
On 2019-11-18 15:34, Ken Brown wrote:

> On 11/17/2019 2:57 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>
>> The Perl 5.30 repository is now up at http://cygwin.stromeko.net.
>>
>> root=http://cygwin.stromeko.net/
>>
>> The setup.xz is signed with my PGP key available at $root/stromeko.gpg,
>> which you can download and then feed to setup.exe via the -K switch.
>
> I'm getting "Unable to get setup from <http://cygwin.stromeko.net/>".  The log shows
>
> 2019/11/18 17:27:50 HTTP status 404 fetching
> http://cygwin.stromeko.net/x86_64/setup.xz.sig
> 2019/11/18 17:27:50 HTTP status 404 fetching
> http://cygwin.stromeko.net/x86_64/setup.xz

HSTS is enabled but cert is not for that domain:
        Subject/CN = *.ssl.goneo.de
        Subject Alternative Name/DNS Name=*.ssl.goneo.de

$ curl -I http://cygwin.stromeko.net/x86_64/setup.xz.sig
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 23:14:02 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.39
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=0; includeSubDomains

$ curl -I https://cygwin.stromeko.net/x86_64/setup.xz.sig
curl: (60) SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name
'cygwin.stromeko.net'
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not
establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and
how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above.

Ken Brown writes:
 I'm getting "Unable to get setup from <http://cygwin.stromeko.net/>".  The log shows

> 2019/11/18 17:27:50 HTTP status 404 fetching
> http://cygwin.stromeko.net/x86_64/setup.xz.sig
> 2019/11/18 17:27:50 HTTP status 404 fetching
> http://cygwin.stromeko.net/x86_64/setup.xz

Sorry.  That should have been:

http://cygwin.stromeko.net/perl-5.30

On 11/19/2019 1:52 AM, ASSI wrote:

> Ken Brown writes:
>   I'm getting "Unable to get setup from <http://cygwin.stromeko.net/>".  The log shows
>>
>> 2019/11/18 17:27:50 HTTP status 404 fetching
>> http://cygwin.stromeko.net/x86_64/setup.xz.sig
>> 2019/11/18 17:27:50 HTTP status 404 fetching
>> http://cygwin.stromeko.net/x86_64/setup.xz
>
> Sorry.  That should have been:
>
> http://cygwin.stromeko.net/perl-5.30

Now I get "Internal Error:  gcrypt library error 45 illegal tag."  But 'setup
-X' works.

Ken Brown writes:
> Now I get "Internal Error:  gcrypt library error 45 illegal tag."  But 'setup
> -X' works.

I've just updated my machine @work and everything is OK.  However since
I don't use setup.exe to import the repo I check the signature with
GnuPG and that works without any trouble.  I've used this key with setup
before, so I don't know how that error creeps in (I think I signed with
gpg before while I've used gpg2 this time, but that's the only
difference I can thing of).

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:

ASSI writes:
> I've used this key with setup
> before, so I don't know how that error creeps in (I think I signed with
> gpg before while I've used gpg2 this time, but that's the only
> difference I can thing of).

I've uploaded new signatures produced by gpg, can you please test if
that works better?

Ken Brown writes:
> Now I get "Internal Error:  gcrypt library error 45 illegal tag."  But 'setup
> -X' works.

I goofed up and put an ASCII armored key there instead of a binary one.

Thanks to Jon for helping me find the source of the error.

DIY Stuff:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/DIY.html

On 11/19/2019 12:08 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown writes:
>> Now I get "Internal Error:  gcrypt library error 45 illegal tag."  But 'setup
>> -X' works.
>
> I goofed up and put an ASCII armored key there instead of a binary one.

All good now, and I've rebuilt my packages.

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Reminder: Package updates needed for the pending switch to perl-5.30.1

Achim Gratz writes:

> I've already built the new Perl packages and the (almost) full set of
> distributions.  I'm waiting for the stage 2 tests of the Perl build to
> finish and will then post a repository link for you to point setup.exe
> to (in addition of the Cygwin mirror) to update your own build systems.
> This time around these are the same packages that will be going live on
> the Cygwin mirrors unless I find an error that needs to be dealt with.
>
> Besides Ken and Andrew, who have already responded, the only other
> packages I don't yet maintain are from Yaakov (mostly Gnome and GUI
> related stuff) and the *Magick wrappers that Marco maintains.  There
> should be other packages with captive Perl modules (IIRC SVN and Git).
> Git isn't affected because it sets up @INC itself and doesn't have
> architecture-specific modules.
>
> During the release of Perl-5.26 we've fingered the following:
>
> biber:             BibTeX replacement for users of BibLaTeX (installed binaries and support files)
> git-svn:     Subversion compatibility support for Git version control system
> git:             Distributed version control system
> grepmail:     search mailboxes for mail matching an expression (installed binaries and support files)
> irssi:             Modular text mode IRC client with Perl scripting
> nginx-mod_http_perl: Web and mail proxy server (installed binaries and support files)
> nginx-mod_http_perl: Web and mail proxy server
> po4a:             Tools for translating various file formats with gettext (installed binaries and support files)
> pristine-tar:     Regenerate pristine tarballs (installed binaries and support files)
> sendxmpp:            Commandline XMPP (jabber) utility (installed binaries and support files)
> subversion-perl:     A version control system (perl bindings)
> texlive:             TeXLive
>
> Again, just like the last time around, noarch packages _should_ keep
> working if the files are moved to the correct directory where Perl-5.30
> looks for them, but I've not really checked.  Since there have been many
> changes in Perl internals, I wouldn't take chances with archful packages
> (anything that comes with a DLL).

Loooking through further mails from the last major version update for
Perl, it appears that a number of packages have embedded Perl
interpretors.  Since we still lack the infrastructure to have multiple
Perl versions installed in parallel, these will also need to be updated
as otherwise they might no longer be able to link into the perl DLL.
The mentioned packages included:

gdal
gnumeric
graphviz
hexchat
irssi
libproxy
link-grammar
marisa
net-smp
openbabel
openswan
postgresql
rxvt-unicode
vim
xfconf
zbar
zinnia
znc

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Reminder: Package updates needed for the pending switch to perl-5.30.1

marco atzeri-4
Am 23.11.2019 um 17:19 schrieb Achim Gratz:
> Achim Gratz writes:

>> Besides Ken and Andrew, who have already responded, the only other
>> packages I don't yet maintain are from Yaakov (mostly Gnome and GUI
>> related stuff) and the *Magick wrappers that Marco maintains.  There
>> should be other packages with captive Perl modules (IIRC SVN and Git).
>> Git isn't affected because it sets up @INC itself and doesn't have
>> architecture-specific modules.
>>
>> During the release of Perl-5.26 we've fingered the following:
>>

>> irssi:             Modular text mode IRC client with Perl scripting

> The mentioned packages included:
>
> gdal

> irssi

> postgresql

> Regards,
> Achim.

Noted.

Regards
Marco.

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Reminder: Package updates needed for the pending switch to perl-5.30.1

Jari Aalto-5
On 2019-11-23 17:19, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Achim Gratz writes:
> > I've already built the new Perl packages and the (almost) full set of
>
> > grepmail:     search mailboxes for mail matching an expression (installed binaries and support files)
> > pristine-tar:     Regenerate pristine tarballs (installed binaries and support files)
> > sendxmpp:            Commandline XMPP (jabber) utility (installed binaries and support files)

Noted,
Jari

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] RFP: libmail-mbox-messageparser-perl (perl-5.30.1 rebuild) pending switch to perl-5.30.1

Jari Aalto-5
On 2019-11-23 17:19, Achim Gratz wrote:
> > grepmail:     search mailboxes for mail matching an expression (installed binaries and support files)

Would someone package:

  https://packages.debian.org/unstable/libmail-mbox-messageparser-perl

The following is required by grepmail configure:

  libmail-mbox-messageparser-perl: /usr/share/perl5/Mail/Mbox/MessageParser.pm

Jari

Jari Aalto writes:
> Would someone package:
>
>   https://packages.debian.org/unstable/libmail-mbox-messageparser-perl
>
> The following is required by grepmail configure:
>
>   libmail-mbox-messageparser-perl: /usr/share/perl5/Mail/Mbox/MessageParser.pm

Is that a new requirement?  We don't use the backwards Debian package
naming, so our package would be called

perl-Mail-Mbox-MessageParser

I'll add it to the staging repo some time this week.

On 2019-11-25 18:27, Achim Gratz wrote:

> Jari Aalto writes:
> > Would someone package:
> >
> >   https://packages.debian.org/unstable/libmail-mbox-messageparser-perl
> >
> > The following is required by grepmail configure:
> >
> >   libmail-mbox-messageparser-perl: /usr/share/perl5/Mail/Mbox/MessageParser.pm
>
> Is that a new requirement?

It's probably optional. From Makefile.PL:

   Warning: prerequisite Mail::Mbox::MessageParser 1.4001 not found.

> We don't use the backwards Debian package naming,

Just did some search where it would might be.

Ok.
Jari

Jari Aalto writes:
> It's probably optional. From Makefile.PL:

Well, upstream lists it as a requirement… again, I'll add it within the
week as time permits.

123