[Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1

123

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (prepare for release)

Achim Gratz

As I haven't heard from most of the maintainers yet, here's a reminder
that I would like to update Perl either on the upcoming weekend or from
Wednesday in the week following.

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (prepare for release)

Ken Brown-6
On 10/12/2017 3:32 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:

> As I haven't heard from most of the maintainers yet, here's a reminder
> that I would like to update Perl either on the upcoming weekend or from
> Wednesday in the week following.

My packages are ready for upload:

   biber
   perl-PAR-Packer [without Tk support for now, but that's not important]
   texinfo

Ken Brown writes:
> My packages are ready for upload:
>
>   biber
>   perl-PAR-Packer [without Tk support for now, but that's not important]
>   texinfo

Thanks.

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)

I've just uploaded the files for the update of Perl to version 5.26 to
sourceware.  Unfortunatley only a single other package has been staged
there (znc), so we need to wait for the rest of the maintainers to do
their uploads.

Please upload your packages to sourceware _without_ the !ready cookies
(i.e. don't use cygport upload) and instead place !perl cookies.  This
way the staged uploads can all be activated at the same time so that no
inconsistent intermediate state gets published.

Please post a not here on this list as well when your upload is staged.

Again the reminder that the following packages will have to be re-built
since they install perl modules:

biber:             BibTeX replacement for users of BibLaTeX (installed binaries and support files)
git-svn:     Subversion compatibility support for Git version control system
git:             Distributed version control system
grepmail:     search mailboxes for mail matching an expression (installed binaries and support files)
irssi:             Modular text mode IRC client with Perl scripting
nginx-mod_http_perl: Web and mail proxy server (installed binaries and support files)
nginx-mod_http_perl: Web and mail proxy server
po4a:             Tools for translating various file formats with gettext (installed binaries and support files)
pristine-tar:     Regenerate pristine tarballs (installed binaries and support files)
sendxmpp:            Commandline XMPP (jabber) utility (installed binaries and support files)
subversion-perl:     A version control system (perl bindings)

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:

On 10/18/2017 2:20 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:

> I've just uploaded the files for the update of Perl to version 5.26 to
> sourceware.  Unfortunatley only a single other package has been staged
> there (znc), so we need to wait for the rest of the maintainers to do
> their uploads.
>
> Please upload your packages to sourceware _without_ the !ready cookies
> (i.e. don't use cygport upload) and instead place !perl cookies.  This
> way the staged uploads can all be activated at the same time so that no
> inconsistent intermediate state gets published.
>
> Please post a not here on this list as well when your upload is staged.

My files are in place.

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)

David Rothenberger
On 10/18/2017 11:20 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> subversion-perl:     A version control system (perl bindings)

I've uploaded new subversion packages.

David Rothenberger  ----  [hidden email]

On 18/10/2017 20:20, Achim Gratz wrote:

> Please upload your packages to sourceware _without_ the !ready cookies
> (i.e. don't use cygport upload) and instead place !perl cookies.  This
> way the staged uploads can all be activated at the same time so that no
> inconsistent intermediate state gets published.
>
> Please post a not here on this list as well when your upload is staged.

uploaded

GraphicsMagick
ImageMagick
gdal
irssi
postgresql

> Regards,
> Achim.

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)

Yaakov Selkowitz
On 2017-10-18 13:20, Achim Gratz wrote:
> I've just uploaded the files for the update of Perl to version 5.26 to
> sourceware.  Unfortunatley only a single other package has been staged
> there (znc), so we need to wait for the rest of the maintainers to do
> their uploads.

My uploads are queued up as well.

> Again the reminder that the following packages will have to be re-built
> since they install perl modules:
>
> git-svn:     Subversion compatibility support for Git version control system
> git:             Distributed version control system

Adam, git will break if it doesn't get rebuilt and uploaded together
with the 5.26 upgrade.  How soon can you rebuild it with Achim's repo?

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
>> git-svn:     Subversion compatibility support for Git version control system
>> git:             Distributed version control system
>
> Adam, git will break if it doesn't get rebuilt and uploaded together
> with the 5.26 upgrade.  How soon can you rebuild it with Achim's repo?

The core git functionality is not affected or I would have noticed, but
yes it'd be nice if git could be updated in sync also.  Adam?

On 2017-10-18 17:15, David Rothenberger wrote:
> On 10/18/2017 11:20 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> subversion-perl:     A version control system (perl bindings)
>
> I've uploaded new subversion packages.

Everything else is in place now, if you could take care of however you
manage subversion normally; it didn't work for me, but I'm probably
missing something.

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)

Jon TURNEY
On 23/10/2017 18:17, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2017-10-18 17:15, David Rothenberger wrote:
>> On 10/18/2017 11:20 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>> subversion-perl:     A version control system (perl bindings)
>>
>> I've uploaded new subversion packages.
>
> Everything else is in place now, if you could take care of however you
> manage subversion normally; it didn't work for me, but I'm probably
> missing something.

No, this is a calm problem. It (now) checks that curr: and prev: have
the chronological ordering one would naturally expect.

Since subversion is special in that prev: is being used for 1.8, which
could be built before or after 1.9, I've added the subversion packages
to the list of exclusions for this rule.

On 2017-10-18 13:20, Achim Gratz wrote:
> I've just uploaded the files for the update of Perl to version 5.26 to
> sourceware.
>
> Please upload your packages to sourceware _without_ the !ready cookies
> (i.e. don't use cygport upload) and instead place !perl cookies.  This
> way the staged uploads can all be activated at the same time so that no
> inconsistent intermediate state gets published.

All staged packages have now been moved into the distribution.  Thank
you all for helping make this a smooth upgrade.

> Again the reminder that the following packages will have to be re-built
> since they install perl modules:
>
> git:             Distributed version control system
> grepmail:     search mailboxes for mail matching an expression (installed binaries and support files)
> pristine-tar:     Regenerate pristine tarballs (installed binaries and support files)
> sendxmpp:            Commandline XMPP (jabber) utility (installed binaries and support files)

Adam, Jari, these packages still need to be rebuilt.

On 10/23/2017 1:38 PM, Jon Turney wrote:

> On 23/10/2017 18:17, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>>
>>> I've uploaded new subversion packages.
>>
>> Everything else is in place now, if you could take care of however you
>> manage subversion normally; it didn't work for me, but I'm probably
>> missing something.
>
> No, this is a calm problem. It (now) checks that curr: and prev: have
> the chronological ordering one would naturally expect.
>
> Since subversion is special in that prev: is being used for 1.8, which
> could be built before or after 1.9, I've added the subversion packages
> to the list of exclusions for this rule.

Did this somehow cause all maintainers to receive email about
subversion?  I just received a package upload report that contained what
I expected about my own packages, but which also contained a report
about subversion-1.9.5-2 being moved to the vault.

On 23/10/2017 19:03, Ken Brown wrote:

> On 10/23/2017 1:38 PM, Jon Turney wrote:

>>> Everything else is in place now, if you could take care of however you
>>> manage subversion normally; it didn't work for me, but I'm probably
>>> missing something.
>>
>> No, this is a calm problem. It (now) checks that curr: and prev: have
>> the chronological ordering one would naturally expect.
>>
>> Since subversion is special in that prev: is being used for 1.8, which
>> could be built before or after 1.9, I've added the subversion packages
>> to the list of exclusions for this rule.
>
> Did this somehow cause all maintainers to receive email about
> subversion?  I just received a package upload report that contained what
> I expected about my own packages, but which also contained a report
> about subversion-1.9.5-2 being moved to the vault.

No, you're special :)

That was some other hiccup I'm investigating...

Achim Gratz writes:
> Please upload your packages to sourceware _without_ the !ready cookies
> (i.e. don't use cygport upload) and instead place !perl cookies.  This
> way the staged uploads can all be activated at the same time so that no
> inconsistent intermediate state gets published.

Thanks to everyone involved and especially Yaakov and Jon for taking
care of anything that needed to be done on sourceware.

Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)

Adam Dinwoodie-2
On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 12:47:41PM -0500, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

> On 2017-10-18 13:20, Achim Gratz wrote:
> > Again the reminder that the following packages will have to be re-built
> > since they install perl modules:
> >
> > git:             Distributed version control system
> > grepmail:     search mailboxes for mail matching an expression (installed binaries and support files)
> > pristine-tar:     Regenerate pristine tarballs (installed binaries and support files)
> > sendxmpp:            Commandline XMPP (jabber) utility (installed binaries and support files)
>
> Adam, Jari, these packages still need to be rebuilt.

I'll update and rebuild Git now.

Adam

On 10/23/2017 3:20 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Achim Gratz writes:
>> Please upload your packages to sourceware _without_ the !ready cookies
>> (i.e. don't use cygport upload) and instead place !perl cookies.  This
>> way the staged uploads can all be activated at the same time so that no
>> inconsistent intermediate state gets published.
>
> Thanks to everyone involved and especially Yaakov and Jon for taking
> care of anything that needed to be done on sourceware.

And thanks to you for making this process so easy for maintainers.

Ken Brown writes:
>> Thanks to everyone involved and especially Yaakov and Jon for taking
>> care of anything that needed to be done on sourceware.
>
> And thanks to you for making this process so easy for maintainers.

I wish it was even easier than that, of course.  Let's see how far along
we've come the next time we need to do something like that…

123