[Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

Battu kaushik
Iperf package has not been updated from long time ago, it looks to be in
orphaned stage. I would like to maintain the iperf package and upgrade it
to version-2.0.13 .

Here are the enhancements of iperf 2.0.13 :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/iperf2/

Regards,
Kaushik Battu.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

marco atzeri-4
Am 29.01.2019 um 04:13 schrieb Kaushik Battu:

> Iperf package has not been updated from long time ago, it looks to be in
> orphaned stage. I would like to maintain the iperf package and upgrade it
> to version-2.0.13 .
>
> Here are the enhancements of iperf 2.0.13 :
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/iperf2/
>
> Regards,
> Kaushik Battu.
>

Kaushik,
for an ITA (Intention to Adpot) you should
provide a working copy for both arch of
the packages for evaluation.

This of course assuming that Joel Johnson is not anymore
interested to be the maintainer.
Joel please let us know

Regards
Marco



---
Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

ASSI
In reply to this post by Battu kaushik
Kaushik Battu writes:
> Iperf package has not been updated from long time ago, it looks to be in
> orphaned stage. I would like to maintain the iperf package and upgrade it
> to version-2.0.13 .

Did you read

https://cygwin.com/packaging-contributors-guide.html

> Here are the enhancements of iperf 2.0.13 :
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/iperf2/

Over on the main Cygwin list the maintainer for that project essentially
asked the same question as you.  I don't see you listed as a project
member, so I am wondering if these two requests are related or not.


Regards,
Achim.
--
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#BlofeldUserWavetables
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

Battu kaushik
In reply to this post by marco atzeri-4
 >>so I am wondering if these two requests are related or not.
Yes, two requests are same. You can prefer my request (As, i have already
discussed with Bob).
>> I don't see you listed as a project member
Now, it has been added.

I have tested on both archs
x86:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IGKvAqB2Dbditb43RYjZ4js6XSdAmmwb
x86_64:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tyvaczV29n5kT3cH_myXTaCoOP6LiRP4

iperf2013.cygport
<http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/file/t11471/iperf2013.cygport>  

Thanks,
Kaushik.




--
Sent from: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/cygwin-apps-f71277.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

marco atzeri-4
Am 07.02.2019 um 14:30 schrieb Battu kaushik:

>   >>so I am wondering if these two requests are related or not.
> Yes, two requests are same. You can prefer my request (As, i have already
> discussed with Bob).
>>> I don't see you listed as a project member
> Now, it has been added.
>
> I have tested on both archs
> x86:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IGKvAqB2Dbditb43RYjZ4js6XSdAmmwb
> x86_64:
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tyvaczV29n5kT3cH_myXTaCoOP6LiRP4
>
> iperf2013.cygport
> <http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/file/t11471/iperf2013.cygport>
>
> Thanks,
> Kaushik.
>

the binary packages have no access permission.

The cygport looks fine, it builds with no issue.
But, IMHO, it should be called just iperf.cygport

Tocal test on 64 bit version works.

 From my point of view, you can adopt it, as
Joel Johnson has not answered to the request of feedback.

Please see for next step
https://cygwin.com/package-upload.html

Regards
Marco





---
Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

Battu kaushik
Sorry,now you can get access to the binary packages.

Can you please help me on changing the ownership to me. So, i can upload the
package files.

iperf.cygport
<http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/file/t11471/iperf.cygport>  

Thanks,
Battu.



--
Sent from: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/cygwin-apps-f71277.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

Joel Johnson
In reply to this post by marco atzeri-4
I've been away from email access the past bit and am just getting back.
I originally refrained from updating the package to the iperf2 fork
since at the time it wasn't clearly endorsed. Now that the original
project recommends it as an alternative to iperf3 I don't have any
objection to it being updated.

Joel

On 2019-02-01 09:05, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> Am 29.01.2019 um 04:13 schrieb Kaushik Battu:
>> Iperf package has not been updated from long time ago, it looks to be
>> in
>> orphaned stage. I would like to maintain the iperf package and upgrade
>> it
>> to version-2.0.13 .
>>
>> Here are the enhancements of iperf 2.0.13 :
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/iperf2/
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kaushik Battu.
>>
>
> Kaushik,
> for an ITA (Intention to Adpot) you should
> provide a working copy for both arch of
> the packages for evaluation.
>
> This of course assuming that Joel Johnson is not anymore
> interested to be the maintainer.
> Joel please let us know
>
> Regards
> Marco
>
>
>
> ---
> Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
> https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

Battu kaushik
Thanks Joel.

I have tried to upload 2.0.13 package.

$ cygport iperf.cygport up
>>> Uploading iperf-2.0.13-1.i686
>>> Running lftp sftp://[hidden email]
Password:
cd ok, cwd=/x86/release
Transferring file `iperf-2.0.13-1-src.tar.xz'
Transferring file `iperf-2.0.13-1.hint'
Transferring file `iperf-2.0.13-1.tar.xz'
Making directory `iperf-debuginfo'
Transferring file `iperf-debuginfo/iperf-debuginfo-2.0.13-1.hint'
Transferring file `iperf-debuginfo/iperf-debuginfo-2.0.13-1.tar.xz'
Total: 1 directory, 5 files, 0 symlinks
New: 5 files, 0 symlinks
605745 bytes transferred in 5 seconds (110.3 KiB/s)
Upload complete.

Iperf3 is limited in features (as it is single threaded). For testing
throughput/Latency on wlan interfaces still people prefer to use iperf2.

- Battu.

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 09:01, Joel Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been away from email access the past bit and am just getting back.
> I originally refrained from updating the package to the iperf2 fork
> since at the time it wasn't clearly endorsed. Now that the original
> project recommends it as an alternative to iperf3 I don't have any
> objection to it being updated.
>
> Joel
>
> On 2019-02-01 09:05, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> > Am 29.01.2019 um 04:13 schrieb Kaushik Battu:
> >> Iperf package has not been updated from long time ago, it looks to be
> >> in
> >> orphaned stage. I would like to maintain the iperf package and upgrade
> >> it
> >> to version-2.0.13 .
> >>
> >> Here are the enhancements of iperf 2.0.13 :
> >> https://sourceforge.net/projects/iperf2/
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Kaushik Battu.
> >>
> >
> > Kaushik,
> > for an ITA (Intention to Adpot) you should
> > provide a working copy for both arch of
> > the packages for evaluation.
> >
> > This of course assuming that Joel Johnson is not anymore
> > interested to be the maintainer.
> > Joel please let us know
> >
> > Regards
> > Marco
> >
> >
> >
> > ---
> > Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
> > https://www.avast.com/antivirus
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

ASSI
Kaushik Battu writes:
> I have tried to upload 2.0.13 package.

You actually seem to have not only uploaded but also activated the
upload, but only for x86, not x86_64.  Please make sure you always
activate both architectures at the same time.


Regards,
Achim.
--
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Blofeld:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSounds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

ASSI
Achim Gratz writes:
> Kaushik Battu writes:
>> I have tried to upload 2.0.13 package.
>
> You actually seem to have not only uploaded but also activated the
> upload, but only for x86, not x86_64.  Please make sure you always
> activate both architectures at the same time.

Jon reminded me on IRC that "cygport $p up" will place the activation
cookie automatically.


Regards,
Achim.
--
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#KomplexerWaves
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

ASSI
In reply to this post by Battu kaushik
Kaushik Battu writes:
> I have tried to upload 2.0.13 package.

There is still no package for x86_64.  What's the holdup there?


Regards,
Achim.
--
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

SD adaptations for Waldorf Q V3.00R3 and Q+ V3.54R2:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSDada
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

Battu kaushik
Sorry for late reply. I am unable to upload x86_64 iperf package. Can you
please help me on fixing this issue.

$ cygport iperf.cygport up
>>> Uploading iperf-2.0.13-1.x86_64
>>> Running lftp sftp://[hidden email]
Password:
cd: Fatal error: max-retries exceeded ([hidden email]: Permission denied
(publickey).)
*** ERROR: Upload failed

Thanks,
Battu.

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 at 01:50, Achim Gratz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Kaushik Battu writes:
> > I have tried to upload 2.0.13 package.
>
> There is still no package for x86_64.  What's the holdup there?
>
>
> Regards,
> Achim.
> --
> +<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
>
> SD adaptations for Waldorf Q V3.00R3 and Q+ V3.54R2:
> http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSDada
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

ASSI
Kaushik Battu writes:
> Sorry for late reply. I am unable to upload x86_64 iperf package. Can you
> please help me on fixing this issue.

Well, it appears you are using the wrong key for the upload, so the
solution is probably to use the correct key.


Regards,
Achim.
--
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#KomplexerWaves
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

Brian Inglis
On 2019-05-01 13:15, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Kaushik Battu writes:
>> Sorry for late reply. I am unable to upload x86_64 iperf package. Can you
>> please help me on fixing this issue.
> Well, it appears you are using the wrong key for the upload, so the
> solution is probably to use the correct key.

It's been years, but do you have to first ssh in to set up the known_hosts
entry, before using lftp or cygport ... upload?

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains
too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Adopt] Iperf package [2.0.13].

Jon TURNEY
In reply to this post by Battu kaushik
On 01/05/2019 19:20, Kaushik Battu wrote:

> Sorry for late reply. I am unable to upload x86_64 iperf package. Can you
> please help me on fixing this issue.
>
> $ cygport iperf.cygport up
>>>> Uploading iperf-2.0.13-1.x86_64
>>>> Running lftp sftp://[hidden email]
> Password:
> cd: Fatal error: max-retries exceeded ([hidden email]: Permission denied
> (publickey).)
> *** ERROR: Upload failed

You can verify you have the ssh key setup correctly with any of the
following:

ssh [hidden email] alive
sftp [hidden email]
lftp sftp://[hidden email]

If that's failing, and assuming you are using a separate cygwin
installation for you x86_64 builds, perhaps you need to install the
private key corresponding to the public key you sent:

case 1 (key file has the default name, id_rsa):

Put the id_rsa private key file in ~/.ssh/

case 2 (key file has a different name, e.g cygwin-key):

Put the cygwin-key private key file in ~/.ssh/

Add section like the following to ~/.ssh/config

Host cygwin.com
   User cygwin
   IdentityFile ~/.ssh/cygwin-key